By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 vs Xbox SX exclusive games

Which console has the better set of announced exclusive games in your opinion?

PS5 52 68.42%

Xbox Series X 24 31.58%

Total:76

In my opinion, it's best to compare the PS5 and SX games that will be released after their premiere. Gears 5, FH4, SoT and Ori2 will also get upgraded versions, but a potential Xbox One owner who will be thinking about buying the next gen console will not treat them as a good argument to buy a new machine. For me, it is of great importance, because I only had PS4 and Switch on this generation, but you have to adopt some objective and reasonable criteria.

Looking at the list above, I get the impression that the PS5 wins in quality, while the SX wins with the number of exclusive games. Xbox, in turn, has more new IPs. It is also worth noting that after PS5 games, we largely know what to expect (more has also been shown), while a large part of SX games is still a big unknown (we only seen CGI).

Around the Network
DPsx7 said:
Dulfite said:

I feel like only us Nintendo fans should have a say in this poll as too many Xbox/PS fans are going to just vote for their preferred device based on brand loyalty.

I gave Sony's show a 6/10 and MS's a 8/10. Halo Infinite was a hardcore bust, but the rest of their launch lineup looks fantastic compared to Sony's, especially considering I can try most of them out and keep/stop playing whenever I want with no financial regrets due to GamePass.

Regardless, I'll still primarily game on the Switch.

Why wouldn't we? I mean I don't play PS4 because it's Sony. I choose that because it has more than a cycle of Halo/Gears/Forza. Branding doesn't mean much.

When I said brand I didn't meant Microsoft and Sony, I meant PlayStation and Xbox. People are loyalists to Xbox devices and others to PlayStation devices and others Nintendo devices (I say Nintendo because they don't have a separate gaming division like Sony and MS do).

Games I'm interested in:

PS5:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox Series X:
- Fable
- Avowed

I dont know. Havent played any of them yet. Im interested in more PS5 ones so far though.

Jaicee said:

For Series X

Lake
The Big Con
The Artful Escape
As Dusk Falls
Everwild
State of Decay 3
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
Psychonauts 2
The Medium
Sable
Song of Iron
Exo One
Last Stop

For PlayStation 5

Stray
Solar Ash
Goodbye Volcano High
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Jett: The Far Shore
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Destruction AllStars
Deathloop
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West

(Titles above listed in order of personal interest.)

I'm also interested in Call of the Sea and Bright Memory Infinite, both of which will also be available for the Series X. Call of the Sea won't make it to the PS5 readily, it appears, and is slated for release this year.

To take what's bound to be the unpopular position, I liked the Series X offerings best. Only the top four games I just listed for the PS5 are must-owns to me. Everything else falls below all of the games I've mentioned interest in for the Series X so far. Also, none of those four games are slated for release this year or will likely come out within the next year's time for that matter. Cumulatively, this makes the Series X of much greater interest to me right now than the PlayStation 5. The PS5 line-up honestly just has a more straightforward, commercial feel to it overall. The Series X line-up looks more creative and I'm very much looking for legitimately new experiences in this medium right now. (And yes, I want to play as womanz just in general because I am one, sorry. Selfish, I know.) I know, I know, my tastes are weird. But you asked!

I get the wanting to play as a woman thing. I generally prefer to play as a male, but it's not that big of a deal either way. My favorite game this gen is Horizon:Zero Dawn after all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I feel like only us Nintendo fans should have a say in this poll as too many Xbox/PS fans are going to just vote for their preferred device based on brand loyalty.

I gave Sony's show a 6/10 and MS's a 8/10. Halo Infinite was a hardcore bust, but the rest of their launch lineup looks fantastic compared to Sony's, especially considering I can try most of them out and keep/stop playing whenever I want with no financial regrets due to GamePass.

As someone who doesn't know the meaning of brand loyalty, but rather plays on my own terms and not those of a particular institution, I've gotta disagree with the suggestion here that only Nintendo fans who are so dogged that they'd never buy anything other than Nintendo systems are qualified to evaluate whether the PlayStation 5 or Series X has more merit with credulity. I mean in proclaiming my intention to prioritize the Series X this fall both here and elsewhere of late, clearly I haven't displayed much loyalty to the PlayStation brand here despite my clear preference for it overall here in the current console generation. That's because I have a brain and know what I like.

Just because I love lots of games published by Sony over the last decade -- games like Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, The Last of Us Part II, Uncharted 4, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, The Last Guardian, this gen's God of War, Death Stranding, and I guess Ghost of Tsushima on balance -- doesn't mean I seriously want to play the next Ratchet and Clank or superhero game or Gran Turismo or even Horizon Forbidden West over say Everwild, Psychonauts 2, The Medium, Call of the Sea, or As Dusk Falls, for example (not counting smaller games), just for the sake of brand loyalty. I'm loyal to myself first. I can evaluate fairly based on my own personal metrics. At present it looks like the Series X will have more games that are, well, me. I think that's a fair enough way to evaluate.

Serious_frusting said:
Jaicee said:

For Series X

Lake
The Big Con
The Artful Escape
As Dusk Falls
Everwild
State of Decay 3
Psychonauts 2
The Medium
Sable
Song of Iron
Exo One
Last Stop

For PlayStation 5

Stray
Solar Ash
Goodbye Volcano High
Destruction AllStars
Deathloop
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West

I'm also interested in Call of the Sea and Bright Memory Infinite, both of which will also be available for the Series X. Call of the Sea won't make it to the PS5 readily, it appears, and is slated for release this year.

To take what's bound to be the unpopular position, I liked the Series X offerings best. Only the top four games I just listed for the PS5 are must-owns to me. Everything else falls below all of the games I've mentioned interest in for the Series X so far. Also, none of those four games are slated for release this year or will likely come out within the next year's time for that matter. Cumulatively, this makes the Series X of much greater interest to me right now than the PlayStation 5. The PS5 line-up honestly just has a more straightforward, commercial feel to it overall. The Series X line-up looks more creative and I'm very much looking for legitimately new experiences in this medium right now. (And yes, I want to play as womanz just in general because I am one, sorry. Selfish, I know.) I know, I know, my tastes are weird. But you asked!

Not to be a knob but I really couldnt play games with you. That is legit a list that I think could potentially put me off gaming.

Good on you though. Goes to show how different peoples tastes are.

Haha, I understand, dude! It takes all kinds! Even me. Thanks for the appreciation.

COKTOE said:
Jaicee said:

For Series X

Lake
The Big Con
The Artful Escape
As Dusk Falls
Everwild
State of Decay 3
Psychonauts 2
The Medium
Sable
Song of Iron
Exo One
Last Stop

For PlayStation 5

Stray
Solar Ash
Goodbye Volcano High
Destruction AllStars
Deathloop
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West

I get the wanting to play as a woman thing. I generally prefer to play as a male, but it's not that big of a deal either way. My favorite game this gen is Horizon:Zero Dawn after all.

LOL!!

Well, on the womanz thing, you also didn't grow up rarely having the option to use a character at least of your own sex in tha games and feeling very awkward. I was largely without and as such appreciate today's range of more female-centric titles. Much.

(Hell, I still feel kind of awkward in gaming circles often. Seriously, look at people's profiles here for instance. I'm like the only woman here who still posts! Ya think that's totally comfortable or makes me feel normal for being here? It's nobody's fault really, it's just the way things are, but still.)

ANYWAYS, the range of those options is just one factor and not my only reason for leaning toward the Series X.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 25 July 2020

For me:

PS5:
Must play:
- Horizon 2: Forbidden West

I want to play:
- Returnal
- Gran Turismo 7
- Spiderman Miles Morales
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Kena
- Project Athia
- Little Devil Inside
- Deathloop

Xbox SX
Must play:
- Avowed
- Fable

I want to play:
- Halo Infinite
- Grounded
- Gears Tactics
- Scorn
- The Ascent
- Hellblade II
- Forza Motorsport
- State of Decay 3 (I forgot to add game to the first post and now I can't edit it...)
- Everwild
- CrossFireX
- The Medium
- Call of the Sea
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

So for me the SX wins, but I plan to have both consoles (I'll just buy the PS5 later).

Jaicee said:
Dulfite said:

As someone who doesn't know the meaning of brand loyalty, but rather plays on my own terms and not those of a particular institution, I've gotta disagree with the suggestion here that only Nintendo fans who are so dogged that they'd never buy anything other than Nintendo systems are qualified to evaluate whether the PlayStation 5 or Series X has more merit with credulity. I mean in proclaiming my intention to prioritize the Series X this fall both here and elsewhere of late, clearly I haven't displayed much loyalty to the PlayStation brand here despite my clear preference for it overall here in the current console generation. That's because I have a brain and know what I like.

Just because I love lots of games published by Sony over the last decade -- games like Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, The Last of Us Part II, Uncharted 4, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, The Last Guardian, this gen's God of War, Death Stranding, and I guess Ghost of Tsushima on balance -- doesn't mean I seriously want to play the next Ratchet and Clank or superhero game or Gran Turismo or even Horizon Forbidden West over say Everwild, Psychonauts 2, The Medium, Call of the Sea, or As Dusk Falls, for example (not counting smaller games), just for the sake of brand loyalty. I'm loyal to myself first. I can evaluate fairly based on my own personal metrics. At present it looks like the Series X will have more games that are, well, me. I think that's a fair enough way to evaluate.

Serious_frusting said:

Not to be a knob but I really couldnt play games with you. That is legit a list that I think could potentially put me off gaming.

Good on you though. Goes to show how different peoples tastes are.

Haha, I understand, dude! It takes all kinds! Even me. Thanks for the appreciation.

COKTOE said:

LOL!!

Well, on the womanz thing, you also didn't grow up rarely having the option to use a character at least of your own sex in tha games and feeling very awkward. I was largely without and as such appreciate today's range of more female-centric titles. Much.

(Hell, I still feel kind of awkward in gaming circles often. Seriously, look at people's profiles here for instance. I'm like the only woman here who still posts! Ya think that's totally comfortable or makes me feel normal for being here? It's nobody's fault really, it's just the way things are, but still.)

ANYWAYS, the range of those options is just one factor and not my only reason for leaning toward the Series X.

There are females on here that put male in profile to not be bugged too much by male forumusers.

Eventually we will get past that,much more females that play games compared to the past,also lots of females play mmos.

Jaicee said:

LOL!!

I am guessing you are a Fable fan?

My sister is a heavy PS gamer and she was more wowed with the XSX line up due to games like Fable.

Pok87 said:

Console Exclusive:

PS5:
- Astro's playroom
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction All stars
- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon 2: Forbidden West
- Spiderman Miles Morales
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Sackboy Big Adventure
- Returnal
- Quantum Error
- Heavenly Bodies

Xbox Series X:
- Halo Infinite
- Grounded
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Gears Tactics
- Scorn
- The Ascent (maybe timed)
- Hellblade II
- Avowed
- The Medium
- Fable
- Forza Motorsport
- Everwild
- Project Mara
- The Gunk (maybe timed)
- CrossFireX (maybe timed)
- As Dusk Falls

If i had to pick the games that i have interest with are in bold.