By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 vs Xbox SX exclusive games

Which console has the better set of announced exclusive games in your opinion?

PS5 52 68.42%

Xbox Series X 24 31.58%

Total:76
Burning Typhoon said:
Pok87 said:

Console Exclusive:

PS5:
- Astro's playroom
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction All stars
- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon 2: Forbidden West
- Spiderman Miles Morales
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Sackboy Big Adventure
- Returnal
- Quantum Error (maybe timed)
- Heavenly Bodies

Xbox Series X:
- Halo Infinite
- Grounded
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Gears Tactics
- Scorn
- The Ascent (maybe timed)
- Hellblade II
- Avowed
- The Medium (probably timed)
- Fable
- Forza Motorsport
- Everwild
- Project Mara
- The Gunk (maybe timed)
- CrossFireX (maybe timed)
- As Dusk Falls
- State of Decay 3

Timed Console Exclusive:

PS5:
- Bugsnax
- Godfall
- Goodbye Volcano High
- Jett: The Far Shore
- Kena
- Project Athia
- Oddworld: Soulstorm
- Little Devil Inside
- GhostWire: Tokyo
- Deathloop
- Stray

Xbox Series X:
- Call of the Sea
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
- Tetris Effect: Connected
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
- Echo Generation
- ExoMecha
-
Second Extinction: Reclaim Earth
-
Hello Neighbor 2

- 12 Minutes
- Dead Static Drive
- Lake
- Last Stop
- Mad Streets
- Sable
- Shredders
- Song of Iron
- The Artful Escape
- The Big Con
- The Falconeer
- Tunic
- Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy

If I have made a mistake or missed something, please correct it. I had a bit problems with the exclusivity of some Xbox games.

What do you think about this comparison? Which set of exclusive games is better? What games are you waiting for?

I don't think it counts as an exclusive if I can get it on PC.  Not playing GT7 on PC, but there will definitely be Forza.  On that, Xbox has like one or two actual exclusives. Therefore, PS5 has better exclusives, because there's no way those 2 Xbox exclusives will trump all of the PS5 exclusives.

And I don't think of "console exclusives" to give a pass to games that comes to PC, as if the PC isn't also a home device.  The fact of the matter is that I have not, nor will ever, own an xbox, and can still play Forza, halo, Gears, and Killer Instinct, etc.

Though, if I'm being completely honest, only destruction all-stars is interesting to me, apart from GT7.  And I'm not even a big car fan, so the PS4 exclusives aren't really doing much for me outside of that.

Horizon 2, maybe, but how much is the game really going to evolve past press Square to melee, shoot a few arrows, and jump?  We've had these linear story driven games since PS3, and I don't have faith in developers using the PS5's power to give us something that feels truly next gen. Detroit: Become Human and Batman: Arkham Knight are the only PS4 games I've ever finished. It's mostly to do with I mostly only play competitive games but the story games don't seem to be special anymore.  I've played Uncharted 2-3, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Batman, etc on PS3.  The sequels on PS4, and PC just doesn't do anything for me, because they all feel like the same type of game.

I wont say those games are just strictly shooting galleries with a story behind them, (That was Max Payne 3, and omg did that game burn me out after the Brazil section)  But they don't expand enough on gameplay to keep me interested these days.

shikamaru317 said:

Some months they are trash, but other months they have good games on GWG. For instance, just in the last 12 months, GWG has had games like Tekken 6, Jurassic World Evolution, both seasons of Telltale's Batman, 2 Shantae games, Call of Cthulhu, Ninja Gaiden 3, Sonic Generations, and Saints Row 2. I reckon they could get at least 2 more decent games on Gamepass each month with the GWG money. 

Hard to believe Tekken 6 is like 13 years old already.  That's what I call a real console exclusive, and it's so old you can't get it digital on PS3, because it's older than the Sony regulation to push all physical games to their digital store.  Sonic Generations is another 9+ year old game, and the physics are really janky.  I wonder if Ninja Gaiden 3 is any good, but if you can't tell the difference between Tekken 6 or 7, then you haven't played the games you're commending GWG for having.

If someone plays PC and improves it regularly, buying an Xbox is pointless. I used to play a lot on PC, but in recent years I have been completely rejected by computer gaming, so now only consoles count. And I suspect a lot of people think the same.

BTW I recommend giving TLoU2 a chance. Amazing game.

Around the Network

Based on the list in the OP. Xbox Series X takes the W.

Pok87 said:

If someone plays PC and improves it regularly, buying an Xbox is pointless. I used to play a lot on PC, but in recent years I have been completely rejected by computer gaming, so now only consoles count. And I suspect a lot of people think the same.

BTW I recommend giving TLoU2 a chance. Amazing game.

I'm never going back to any 3rd or fps on console.  I'm not playing at sub 165FPS, and I'm not aiming with a controller.  TLoU2 is terrible.  I would have to be paid to play it.  Wouldn't even play it for free.  No thanks.