By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 vs Xbox SX exclusive games

Which console has the better set of announced exclusive games in your opinion?

PS5 52 68.42%

Xbox Series X 24 31.58%

Total:76
Azzanation said:

I am guessing you are a Fable fan?

My sister is a heavy PS gamer and she was more wowed with the XSX line up due to games like Fable.

And I'll bet your favorite games are Call of Duty ones and Grand Theft Auto V because male, right? I am not your sister. Not all women are the same.

I mean I do have the old Fable trilogy, thought the trailer for this new one was cute and figure the new Fable could have some potential, but honestly it's not really the highest priority on my list based simply on the knowledge that it's a fantastical create-your-own-adventure that has a title screen. More info needed.

It's just about creativity and authenticity to me. I got those vibes from significantly more games in the Series X line-up that's been announced than I have from the PlayStation 5 line-up we know of so far. I've already listed the games that are currently of the most interest to me for both platforms. (Speaking of which, Everwild appears to be an interest that you and I share!)

Last edited by Jaicee - on 26 July 2020

Around the Network

How the hell are tetris and phantasy star exclusive when it's already on ps4 to begin with or is releasing on ps4..... There's even a switch version lol

Immersiveunreality said:

There are females on here that put male in profile to not be bugged too much by male forumusers.

Eventually we will get past that,much more females that play games compared to the past,also lots of females play mmos.

You know, part of me suspected that might just be the case. I mean I've read about stuff like that happening in gaming (women in gaming feeling unsafe being out as women), but honestly haven't been connected enough to the online gaming community to really know first-hand. I still pretty exclusively play offline, and mostly single-player titles at that.

Hearing lots of stuff about sexual harassment is, in fact, one part of the reason why I don't get more involved in like online gaming, in addition to just personal aesthetic preferences. It's a combination of those things for me. Also part of the reason why, in stark contrast to offline where I'm not even out, I make it clear what my sexual orientation is in heavily male online spaces like this. Not only is it nice to be able to be out reasonably safely somewhere, but it also reduces sexual harassment to let people know what my boundaries are clearly. It's useful that way too in settings like this, I find. I also have the benefit of assumption going for me, as I find that VGC users instinctively assume I'm male until I formally tell them otherwise.

Anyway, yeah, I do see stats sometimes that suggest women today compose a significant minority of the gaming population (for example here's the official Entertainment Software Association data on American gamers over the last 15 years, which suggests about 40% are female), but those stats are based on a more generous definition of the term "gamer" than most people, including most women who game, would embrace, and to which end honestly the Quantic Foundry survey data, which suggests that about 20% of gamers are female, seems more believable to me. That seems more like the world I actually live in.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 26 July 2020

Went with Xbox. More likely to play their stuff with gamepass.

jason1637 said:

That's something else too. There are lots of games I'll be wanting to try for the Series X and Game Pass could translate into cheaper, more ready access to many of them in a way that beats renting them all (which is what I currently do a lot of when it comes to pricier games I'm on the fence about).

Around the Network
J3MD313 said:
How the hell are tetris and phantasy star exclusive when it's already on ps4 to begin with or is releasing on ps4..... There's even a switch version lol

I think this is a "new" tetris game thats coming to Xbox forst. PSO2 Genesis is combing to Xbox first in 2021 so they are both timed.

Jaicee said:
jason1637 said:

That's something else too. There are lots of games I'll be wanting to try for the Series X and Game Pass could translate into cheaper, more ready access to many of them in a way that beats renting them all (which is what I currently do a lot of when it comes to pricier games I'm on the fence about).

Yeah both systems have 3 or 4 games i definitely want to play but with the Xbox list I could play much more of the games because its more financially responsible to pay $10 for~6-8 games that look interesting but im not sold on than to pay $360-$480 to play 6-8 games that Im not sold on yet on the Playstation. 

Gonna go with PS5 for now as I actually have an idea of what most of those games i'm interested in that they showed in their event will look and play like, unlike Xbox where it's still mostly unknown.

I want Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Sackboy A Big Adventure, Destruction All Stars, Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, and Horizon Forbidden West.

With Xbox i'm hyped for Fable, Halo Infinite, Avowed, Everwild, and Hellblade 2, but that's basically just hyped for mostly names as of right now because I still haven't seen any actual gameplay for 4/5 of those.

jason1637 said:
J3MD313 said:

I think this is a "new" tetris game thats coming to Xbox forst. PSO2 Genesis is combing to Xbox first in 2021 so they are both timed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-xbox-playstation-4-switch/amp/

Also I just looked at tetris again just to confirm but it is the same game that was already on ps4 they added multilayer. 

J3MD313 said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-xbox-playstation-4-switch/amp/

Also I just looked at tetris again just to confirm but it is the same game that was already on ps4 they added multilayer. 

PSO2 Genesis is on timed exclusive list because its coming to other platforms eventually.