By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 vs Xbox SX exclusive games

Which console has the better set of announced exclusive games in your opinion?

PS5 52 68.42%

Xbox Series X 24 31.58%

Total:76
Azzanation said:
Jaicee said:

It's just about creativity and authenticity to me. I got those vibes from significantly more games in the Series X line-up that's been announced than I have from the PlayStation 5 line-up we know of so far. I've already listed the games that are currently of the most interest to me for both platforms. (Speaking of which, Everwild appears to be an interest that you and I share!)

EverWild has been a good interest of mine, iv been keeping a close eye on that game, i just wish Xbox would stop playing guessing games with everyone on what the game will play like.. If its what i expect it to be than awesome however all they have shown so far is the in-game movies and that doesn't tell me much, it does look beautiful and the story seems quite unique too. I just want to know how it plays. Is it a Zelda styled adventure game? is it an open world sandbox game? is it a flight simulator game? I just wish they showed more than a movie trailer.. well anyway hoping they showcase more next time.

Side note, i am not a fan of GTA games, never got into them, i use to like COD before Ghost, Post Ghost i cbf with the series anymore. Its all the same these days, i have been CoD out for quite some time now. I liked Fable, i never found the time to get into them as much as other games however i will be keeping an eye on the new one as well, i just need to see more than just a title to get me excited.

On Everwild: For sure! I wish we'd be shown more game play footage in the Xbox shows too. Still, the ambience of Everwild is, as you say, pretty unique in its aesthetic focus on healing. The sense I get from the dialogue in the most recent trailer especially is that it'll be a more atmosphere/exploration-driven adventure and distinctly not a typical open world game that revolves around completing endless checklists of chores. That right there is a lot of the appeal to me. I definitely am interested in that one.

GTA/CoD: Yeah, I was being sarcastic about that before; I know you're a person, not a stereotype.

Around the Network
DPsx7 said:
COKTOE said:

True! It was so long ago, I had to look it up, but the first game I owned with a female "lead character", and I use the term loosely, was Cabbage Patch Kids on the ColecoVision which I got in 1983. After that, outside of 16-bit (and beyond) JRPG's and fighting games, which both deserve a nod, the next game with a female lead I played was Tomb Raider on the PS1 in 1996. Quite a gap.

No Metroid? Guardian Legend? Dino Crisis? Parasite Eve? There were some mixed in over the years, guess it just wasn't as big a deal back then.

Well, with Metroid, the female character angle could be distilled down to "Surprise, Motherfuckers!". If I had any thoughts towards Samus' gender as I was playing it, they were surely that the character was male. I played Super Metroid too. Brilliant game btw. I suppose that counts, even though Samus was always armor-clad, I did know the character was female. I missed all the Resident Evil ladies I played as: Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong, Rebecca Chambers.

I only watched friends play Parasite Eve. Was always interested in Dino Crisis, but never got around to it. Thank for the memory jog tho.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

True! It was so long ago, I had to look it up, but the first game I owned with a female "lead character", and I use the term loosely, was Cabbage Patch Kids on the ColecoVision which I got in 1983. After that, outside of 16-bit (and beyond) JRPG's and fighting games, which both deserve a nod, the next game with a female lead I played was Tomb Raider on the PS1 in 1996. Quite a gap.

I found more than that, but that's because, as you might understand, I consciously looked for them. It was no small feat though and there were whole years without any that I noticed. I mean I didn't even notice or think about this stuff for a while, but after long enough when you find yourself playing in mixed company, you couldn't help it.

The game that actually got me into gaming for the first time was the original Metroid back in 1987. Apparently it was a big deal at the time that protagonist Samus Aran was revealed to be a woman at the end of the game. My take on it at age six was that...I always just imagined myself as the person in the suit instinctively anyway, so the revelation didn't even register as significant in my brain. Other, older people apparently just assumed that Samus was male because of the muscular build of her armored suit; they had more established prejudices that way. The instruction booklet I later noticed deceptively advanced that idea by using male pronouns to describe Samus. (Today she's probably be accordingly canonized as a transman, lol!) In time though, I came notice the rarity of characters like her in games.

I don't know if I'd really hold up old RPGs and fighting games as greatly exceptional to this rule either. I think you'll notice, on even just a cursory observation, that the female characters in JRPGs back then were almost always secondary characters in your team, and more specifically assigned to the healing, supporting type roles primarily. There were gender roles, in other words. In fighting games you'd have maybe one or two women to choose from and well let me use the example of the original Mortal Kombat to get at what I'm trying to say. In the original Mortal Kombat, there was one woman you could choose to play as. In the default totem poll, she was designated the lowest rung, meaning she was supposed to be the easiest to beat because woman. Her fatality move was the Kiss of Death because woman. (Imagine if there had been one other woman in the game to perform the Kiss of Death on! ) If two girls played the game in two-player mode, one of them had to use a male avatar, which of course was never weird or awkward. You could find maybe some secondary exceptions to these rules if you wanted to fish for examples (like Chun-Li from Street Fighter II or characters like Lucca and Ayla in Chrono Trigger or main protagonist Terra in Final Fantasy VI...these characters and some others didn't seem like stereotypes, but here we're fishing for exceptional cases. These examples were NOT the rule!)

And I mean the type of climate I'm talking about here isn't just confined to ancient history either. I'm not just talking about how things were decades ago, I'm talking about like 8 years ago. Things were totally different just like 8 years ago! There was a study that came out back then that found the male-to-female ratio of current-gen video game protagonists was 14 to 1. And of course this lack of quantity also came with a certain lack of quality attached as well that feminist critics have spoken to in more recent years. I'm happy things aren't still that way anymore.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 26 July 2020

Looks like the Xbox Console Exclusive Linupe is looking much better then the Playstation exclusives for me.

I was discussing this with a friend of mine and thought Kena: Bridge of Spirits was much like Everwild in that it was devoid of gameplay for the trailer and...nope! Went back and watched the Trailer and I have to say, the actual gameplay looks kinda simple but very fun, and the art direction on both games is phenomenal. I still think we need to see more on Xbox's end (Everwild has potential but again I need to know more), but honestly it's still PS5 by a landslide.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Voted Xbox. Not only because of the full list but also the launch lineup is extremely barren for PS5 for me. The biggest game so far is the Spider-Man expansion. I have the platinum in Spider-Man but I am in no hurry to go back. Kenu or whatever that cross gen game was is also very appealing but it’ll be on Xbox later. Deathloop I am very interested in but it’ll be on Xbox later. And that’s it.

On Xbox on day one ill have Infinite, The Ascent, Medium, Gears Tactics, Scorn, and Tetris Connected and these are all day one on GamePass which means I can pay for the console and instantly have access to these six titles and others I am forgetting. And the superior third party games like Cyberpunk and Ass Creed. And games I have waited on finishing or playing on Xbone because of an XSX upgrade like Gears 5 and Horizon. Not really close.

I do hope Sony goes into detail about BC and upgrades to their games, if there is anything to get into. Because like Gears 5 and Horizon, I have PS4 games like Death Stranding, Days Gone, God of War, and LoU2 that I have put in the backlog but would bring out for PS5 upgrades.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Voted Xbox. Not only because of the full list but also the launch lineup is extremely barren for PS5 for me. The biggest game so far is the Spider-Man expansion. I have the platinum in Spider-Man but I am in no hurry to go back. Kenu or whatever that cross gen game was is also very appealing but it’ll be on Xbox later. Deathloop I am very interested in but it’ll be on Xbox later. And that’s it.

On Xbox on day one ill have Infinite, The Ascent, Medium, Gears Tactics, Scorn, and Tetris Connected and these are all day one on GamePass which means I can pay for the console and instantly have access to these six titles and others I am forgetting. And the superior third party games like Cyberpunk and Ass Creed. And games I have waited on finishing or playing on Xbone because of an XSX upgrade like Gears 5 and Horizon. Not really close.

I do hope Sony goes into detail about BC and upgrades to their games, if there is anything to get into. Because like Gears 5 and Horizon, I have PS4 games like Death Stranding, Days Gone, God of War, and LoU2 that I have put in the backlog but would bring out for PS5 upgrades.

IT is smart to wait (Seriously, any new console's first year is barren), but is PS4 is anything to go by, Sony will have a slow start but end with a bang whereas Xbox will start strong but flounder after a couple of years. that happened three generations in a row, now. I wouldn't put too many eggs into the basket of the one with the better launch even if I understand the desire to do so. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Forgot about the CrossFireX campaign. Is that 2020? Looked great and from Remedy. Control is another Xbone game I have but am waiting on the SmartDelivery patch to play through.

Second big show? I was under the impression that neither had another big show. Just that they will both be more in depth about the launch lineup exclusively and their pricing. Its rumored both have "held back" some games, but both companies wording have leaned more in about more detail of what they have already shown. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Runa216 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

IT is smart to wait (Seriously, any new console's first year is barren), but is PS4 is anything to go by, Sony will have a slow start but end with a bang whereas Xbox will start strong but flounder after a couple of years. that happened three generations in a row, now. I wouldn't put too many eggs into the basket of the one with the better launch even if I understand the desire to do so. 

Good thing Xbox is in an entirely different position with drastically different goals than they were in those past generations. I’m going to own both consoles eventually, it makes complete sense to go with the stronger launch window.