By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Halo Infinite 4k/60 official trailer

A new trailer was just announced,

Suggested to watch at 4k/60 for those curious to see a little more in-game footage that wasn't shown at the Xbox Event.

Around the Network

-User was banned for this post. JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 23 July 2020

Haha, kudos to the mod team for nipping that in the bud. We don't need this place turning into N4G. 

The trailer didn't really show much that wasn't already in the stream. TBH I was kinda hoping for a new story trailer or something of that nature. We still don't really know what the game is about. At least the visuals look a bit nicer, for whatever reason. Maybe just the higher bitrate.

The game doesn't look next-generation sadly. It does look clean.

But the pop-in, flat lighting, the sprite-work that sticks out... Doesn't leave me with much faith.

In saying that, it also doesn't look bad, so as long as they nail the gameplay it might be okay, unfortunately though, first impressions last and the first impression is always going to be a visual one... Even this trailer doesn't really show the visuals in the best light.

But some of the new gameplay toys look fun.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

But the pop-in, flat lighting, the sprite-work that sticks out... Doesn't leave me with much faith.

In saying that, it also doesn't look bad, so as long as they nail the gameplay it might be okay, unfortunately though, first impressions last and the first impression is always going to be a visual one... Even this trailer doesn't really show the visuals in the best light.

I'm curious for your take on this: What can they possibly do with the time they have left, and would it be worth delaying 6 months or possibly even a year?

Around the Network

No deley please :). For me it looks great and gameplay is phenomenal. Every game in past 9 months that i was looking for gets deleyed. First Doom Eternal, then Last of Us, then Cyberpunk. Pls let at least one game be released when it was supposed to.

Pemalite said:

Its the complete lack of decals that's jarring. No mud on tyres on the Warthog. No steps on wet mud. No blood on floor. No bullet holes, no scorch marks left after explosions.

Shadows or lighting just looks flat. Hardly any hard shadows left by well anything even under flood lighting for the Elite inside the small base. Little to no SSAO on enemies. Guns missing lighting from muzzle flash. Explosions and grenades don't emit any light.

Even smaller minute details like grenade teleporting because MC never had it in his hand before thown and ship clipping through tree. Then then you have inconsistent resolution on textures and some enemy animations stuck in last gen. Foliage is completely static.... Everything just looks a little too clean and lack imperfections etc etc.

I mean its not even standard stuff, its quite shocking that they thought it was okay to show that build off (apparently was an old build of the game)

Saying that, the game does look quite fun to play. Which is the main thing and graphics can be updated. I would say they should delay it until its ready but that's just me.

Last edited by hinch - on 26 July 2020

When will people learn that infinite is the last current gen game like breath of the wild was for Wii U, not a next gen game. But it's a system seller nonetheless for it's gameplay and I think it's the right move to release it like this. It will give serious momentum to Xbox series x

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
When will people learn that infinite is the last current gen game like breath of the wild was for Wii U, not a next gen game. But it's a system seller nonetheless for it's gameplay and I think it's the right move to release it like this. It will give serious momentum to Xbox series x

Nintendo doesn't do standard generations anymore, or at least don't compete for generational standard graphics. That's why Breath of the Wild still looks uniquely beautiful. It's not focused on pushing raw graphics or visuals but it's own distinctive art style.

Halo Infinite however was first teased two years ago with a big 'Powered by the Slipspace Engine' tag. DF even did their video analysis on that trailer back then, and it's rather funny (not in a good way) how it's aged.

So even though we knew it'd be cross-gen, we still expected them to be pushing the boundary with their technology.

Ok, I laughed at the meme. Twice. I can't not drop a like for the gift it has given to me. Also, how many 1st posts get "X" likes and a ban?

Aaaanyway. I did watch the stream finally. I think Halo looks fine. I'm not too discriminating when it comes to graphics ( and that's not a back handed compliment ), and can see the potential it has overall. Although I haven't play a Halo game since Halo 2, I did play the hell out of them, and like the idea of a ( semi? ) open world game set on a ring. I'm very curious to see how Infinite will be handled as a.....uhg....service, and how pervasive the more unsavory elements that tend to accompany such games may or may not be.

I'll check out the trailer in the op soon-ish.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."