6/10 1 4.55%

5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22
Marth said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242941/ghost-of-tsushima-24-million-units-sold-through-globally-in-its-first-3-days-of-sales/1/

Very good sales of a new IP, about the ballmark I was expecting.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I finished every quest on the first map, totally freed it as well. Didn't pick all collectibles as I'll do that after finishing the game (I'm picking everything I get near though).

Finishing some key main missions unlock the locations of the occupation buildings, and freeing those reveal location for the collectibles and remove fog. So it is more efficient way of cleaning the map.

Both Masako and Ishikawa revenges are going to become more interesting.

So what would you rate the game so far? You seem to be going at a much faster pace than me and yeah, they already are interesting, I believe there is 5 more quests each but Masakos got to me emotionally. Loving these little detective missions too and how there is no mechanic to highlight tracks and what not. 

Spoiler!
I'm about to free the straw hat Ronins but even now i just wanna ride around and organically find stuff, i'm only moving on cause that is much more difficult now that I've nearly cleared the map.

I'll tell you the game have some twist and surprise moments, as expected on a war themed and politic game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I just need the last mission on her, but I think that is locked to the act 3, same with ishikawa sensei.

I'm still playing act 1 :D. I've four or five random side tales to complete and a few camps to clear but I think I'm going to move on now cause hard mode is starting to feel like normal mode. That was an excellent 40 hours and I hope the next part of the island is just as good and another 40 hours, speaking of, it's a shame journalists have to rush through games like this and miss the underlying, core experience. 

I started after you, and am waaaaaaaaaayyy further with more hours in. I eat, sleep, and play this game! Pretty sure this is going to be my GotY! Can't wait to do my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. One as an archer, and one as a pure Ninja.

Marth said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242941/ghost-of-tsushima-24-million-units-sold-through-globally-in-its-first-3-days-of-sales/1/

I read that as 24 million, thanks to the lack of a decimal between 2 and 4 in the link.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 24 July 2020

Cerebralbore101 said:
John2290 said:

I'm still playing act 1 :D. I've four or five random side tales to complete and a few camps to clear but I think I'm going to move on now cause hard mode is starting to feel like normal mode. That was an excellent 40 hours and I hope the next part of the island is just as good and another 40 hours, speaking of, it's a shame journalists have to rush through games like this and miss the underlying, core experience. 

I started after you, and am waaaaaaaaaayyy further with more hours in. I eat, sleep, and play this game! Pretty sure this is going to be my GotY! Can't wait to do my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. One as an archer, and one as a pure Ninja.

Marth said:

I read that as 24 million, thanks to the lack of a decimal between 2 and 4 in the link.

24M would be deserving.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

How many hours exactly? I'm nearing 45 hours, breaks accounted for, if I didn't make many misses with my stop watch. I wish I could play more but I can't make it past eight hours in the day without getting sick, comes with age I guess. Are your eyes not bleeding and is your body not aching and dried out? 

Well shit I haven't kept track. Let's see. I got the game Friday and likely played from 8pm to midnight. Then I know I played literally all day Saturday with only enough breaks in between to eat. Sunday I got 4-7 hours after work. Monday was around 4 hours before work. Tuesday I think I only got 2 hours in. Wednesday I played all day again. Thursday I played all day too. And this morning I got about an hour in. I sleep 8 hours a day, and it only takes me about an half an hour to eat a meal. Soooooo... 55-75 hours?

My eyes don't bother me at all when playing games for long sessions. If I'm playing on my computer my back gets sore from sitting semi-hunched over in my computer chair. But playing on the couch doesn't really bother me, since I'm usually not sitting.

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:

@John2290 you know what your screenshots are lacking? A flute... more flute please!

See if you can snap a shot of yourself playing the flute by the side of a large body of water (a lake) while leaves are blowing, composition would be Jin on the left or right side of the screen looking across the lake which would take up the majority of the picture, mostly central, with some nice trees in the background, perhaps a mountain in the distance, and a few leaves flying by... take a minimum of six shots using whichever filters and angles you think work best for this criteria...

Why, you ask? I want a new background, I don't have the game yet, and I reckon you could make me a nice one ;)

Is there a competition i should know about, lol? Anyway, I got a few, am I on the right track to what you want with these?

Cause if it's a PC background it's always best to leave a room for icons and remove clutter, like this one below. What device do you want it for?

Ps4? PC? Mobile? 

All three of these look great, if you could combine the first two somehow, have Jim stood more to the right of the screen facing left. Love the sunset colours, are there any light blues during the day cycle at all? Also I'll be using it for my PC, if I pick multiple I'll have them on a slideshow rotating in and out every so often lol

There's no competition that I know of, but I love having game screenshots as my desktop background, especially with how gorgeous they are these days... currently using Horizon screenshots I took, it's basically all scenery with the sun/moon shining through, with different filters and time of day, so it cycles throughout the day, lol

Around the Network

16 hours playing in the first act. still addicted.

At this point I'm starting to notice some details that I wish they had cared for. Things like rain that don't put out fire and candles. Houses that are on fire forever. Commoners that are motionless when I get in breaking their doors.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:

All three of these look great, if you could combine the first two somehow, have Jim stood more to the right of the screen facing left. Love the sunset colours, are there any light blues during the day cycle at all? Also I'll be using it for my PC, if I pick multiple I'll have them on a slideshow rotating in and out every so often lol

There's no competition that I know of, but I love having game screenshots as my desktop background, especially with how gorgeous they are these days... currently using Horizon screenshots I took, it's basically all scenery with the sun/moon shining through, with different filters and time of day, so it cycles throughout the day, lol

I'll keep it in mind and try and get yeah some blues, there is indeed blue in the game but depending on the clue you want it'll depend on the weather. Clear blue days and that, dark nights or thunder. The one thing actually is it's quite hard to get multiple colours on the screen at once in this game unless it's a clear day, like they created every area under a certain theme and that's usually focused on one colour aside from a few areas with fields of flowers or what not. I'll keep you in mind and whip my flute out when I come across something.

And Jim, lmao. Nice.

... Fuck sake lol, that's autocorrect for you :P

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well shit I haven't kept track. Let's see. I got the game Friday and likely played from 8pm to midnight. Then I know I played literally all day Saturday with only enough breaks in between to eat. Sunday I got 4-7 hours after work. Monday was around 4 hours before work. Tuesday I think I only got 2 hours in. Wednesday I played all day again. Thursday I played all day too. And this morning I got about an hour in. I sleep 8 hours a day, and it only takes me about an half an hour to eat a meal. Soooooo... 55-75 hours?

My eyes don't bother me at all when playing games for long sessions. If I'm playing on my computer my back gets sore from sitting semi-hunched over in my computer chair. But playing on the couch doesn't really bother me, since I'm usually not sitting.

Jesus, over 60 hours. You mad man :D That's hardcore. You've got til, eh, maybe 26-28 before these days are behind you, You def aren't doing this after 30 so enjoy it while you still can.

I keep track of my hours on a notebook. :) I've got exactly 16. I intend to play more 2 or 3 tonight.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:

... Fuck sake lol, that's autocorrect for you :P

Okay, so the above kind of idea? Is Jin too right in the frame of would that be about the size of it? Would you like mainly sky or water or are you bothered about the horizon line hitting the half way point? And choose your weather below (or above). 

Or how about something like this, there are black and white filters among a few RGB ones and this specific one i've never heard of before but it makes things look cool as fuck, it's like a metallic sepia...

Those top two are fucking perfect and exactly what I was imagining, you've nailed it, love how there's blues and pinks in the second one too!

^ Great stuff. A few of these are going in my wallpapers. Will try to post more after some play this weekend.