7/10 0 0%

6/10 1 4.55%

5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22

One QOL improvement I'd like to see in an update, is having a free camera, that doesn't orbit around the player. I want my next playthrough to be a pure archer, but getting those shots of enemies being stung by wasps, or blown up by barrels is going to be hard when the camera doesn't have a freeform mode.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm 36! :D 

The secret is to temporarily give up on life because your country is burning to the ground thanks to an idiot president, and the gym is closed so you can't workout 10 hours a week like normal, and your hours at work got cut back, because of coronavirus. 

Ideally, I'd like to get around 30-40 hours of gametime a week. But I'm usually scheduled for 6 days a week at work, when there isn't a pandemic going on. So my planned 30-40 hours of gametime a week usually gets cut back to 20-30 instead. And then when the Holidays come around every weekend is some relative's off calendar thanksgiving or christmas, or something. So we wind up having four or five thanksgivings a year. One at my aunt's house, one at my Grandpa's house, one at my great Aunt's house, etc, etc. 

Anywho...

The fact that I managed to get so much playtime already, just shows how much I absolutely adore this game!

Damn, I'm 30, maybe it's the Irish weather but I can't sit in one place for more than an hour the last two or three years without having to get up and move a bit or I might as well take a hammer to my back, limbs and arse bones, anyway don't crunch on it too hard cause there is a giant gap between now and Cyberpunk or any other AAA release up to this standard.

I know right?! Other than Cyberpunk the rest of 2020 is an empty fucking calendar, and is unlikely to change! I can finally get serious work put into my backlog!

Edit: At least it's an empty calendar for me personally. Maybe other gamers have more games to look forward to, but I don't. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 25 July 2020

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I know right?! Other than Cyberpunk the rest of 2020 is an empty fucking calendar, and is unlikely to change! I can finally get serious work put into my backlog!

Edit: At least it's an empty calendar for me personally. Maybe other gamers have more games to look forward to, but I don't. 

Backlogs aside, even after a dramatic lowering of standards there is nothing on PS4 or PSVR. I suppose it's just a hop, skip and a jump to November but it might finally be time to buy a switch and dig in.

Not sure what type of games you like. Would a Switch be for you? I know you like action games like GoT and Sekiro. But what would you buy on Switch other than BotW? 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 25 July 2020

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Not sure what type of games you like. Would a Switch be for you? I know you like action games like GoT and Sekiro. But what would you buy on Switch other than BotW? 

I love RPGs, my favourite genre in fact. I've got my eyes on Octopath Traveller, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2, Astral chain, I've wanted Bayonetta 2 and to actually play BoTW from start to finish on my own terms and it's sequel when it releases along with Mario maker 2 which I only had nibbles out of and a campaign restart of Divinity OS2 but with portability is worth the price of buying it again.

I would admittedly probably skip Mario kart and the other multiplayer games like smash as they aren't as fun solo but I did find Mario Odyssey interesting enough to buy it and see how it goes, it's no Mario galaxy and put me off at first with it's ADHD gameplay. There are a few more that have gotten on there like cup head and some I'm sure that are escaping me but yeah, All I need is one really good game to justify a console, I bought the 360 solely for Alan Wake back in the day and It doesn't matter which it is or which fails to catch me, I have a garauntee of dozens of hours in Divinity OS2 alone yet I'm sure I'll get something out of Octopath, Astral or Bayonetta 2 before I go gambling on things like Xenoblade and Mario Odyssey. 

And then after I go through the games it becomes the dedicated indie machine or at least a secondary choice should I feel like sitting on the toilet would be a better place to play. I wanna feel the freedom of the VITA again but in a machine that is actually supported.

In that case DQ11 S is a must own. Also look into Valkyria Chronicles 4, and Fire Emblem if you like SRPGs. Switch would be a good buy for you!

Just finished Yuriko's tale. So bittersweet.

Around the Network

Really enjoyable open world once I got the grappling hook. Was good before but there were some spots of confusion that now make sense with that tool.

Game looks unbelievable in motion during the right lighting conditions. Didn't think PS4 open world games could look this lively and flourishing. I can barely notice popin. The draw distance on vegetation and the sheer quantity of it at times is striking. I hope the ps5 enables native 4k60fps for this game and tlou2. Frame rate, ghosting artifacts from checkerboarding, these still hold visuals back from being as pleasing as possible.

The control scheme can get over whelming mid combat. You're character is able too do so much. However, this was a complaint I had with infamous 2 and second son. I felt more powerful at the end of infamous 1 than I did at any point in the sequels. Part of this was due to not having access to all powers at all times even when the inputs wouldn't really conflict with each other. Here, it's mostly not the case, and the game adds new tools fairly gradually so it's not too overwhelming. If I could make a single tweak: smoke bombs should just always be equipped. Left stick + r1 for other quick throwables, r1 only for smoke bombs.

Other than somewhat overwhelming controls, combat is damn fun. Especially once I got anti-spear stance and was allowed to kick people around. Timing parries and dodges was hard due to input delay at first, but I got used to it at this frame rate quickly enough.

Biggest gripes are:
1) I usually love stealth and it seems a little too easy in this game (playing on hard mode).

2) I wish kurusawa mode didn't necessarily butcher the audio quality. Would like that aspect of the mode to be a separate toggle. While we're at it, a new stylistic mode that keep the colors of flowers, non-green leaves, and blood but everything else black and white would be amazing

4 ≈ One

I'm still on act 1. I've put 20 hours so far. Side missions are starting to get too easy.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
0D0 said:
I'm still on act 1. I've put 20 hours so far. Side missions are starting to get too easy.

Same happened to me and then I hit a brick wall an hour or two into act two that I'm still coming out of and the timing on stand off is still doing me in, if you're playing on hard I'd recommend getting as much upgrades, health, resolve and whatever else in act one as possible.

Thank you for the tip.

My only problem is that the minor side quests (like liberating mongol outposts) I'm doing aren't giving me much experience. It feels like it isn't worthy doing them (except the ones that drop good stuff).

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Bristow9091 said:
So they've released a new "Lethal" difficulty today... any of you guys tried it yet? Interested to hear how it plays out

I hope it makes Stealth either harder or needed. Been playing on hard mode, and never once needed to use stealth to survive. I think I'll give it a whirl once I platinum the game.

This is one of the best game I ever played. This is why Sony still the best.

Check out this video to bring back some old memories
https://youtu.be/Aj9DEeQn_Pg