7/10 0 0%

6/10 1 4.55%

5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22

My Game of the Year now! Fantastic Game.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I've never been addicted to a single player game like this and have such a slow pace at the same time. 

so wonderful !!!

John2290 said:
EricHiggin said:

Yes.

Comparable to the HZD awe factor? Music to my ears. I was hoping GoT was going to come through. Was going to be able to wait this one out a little while, but seeing the visuals and reading the reviews has upped the hype factor for me significantly. Definitely will need to make space just for screenshots. lol.

The games atmosphere comes through the screenshots so distinctly.

You had me at share..

It's more awe inducing than Horizon ZD, far more consistently at least and if you have a 4k HDR TV it's probably the prettiest game Sony has put out. As or the gameplay, if you loved Horizon, BoTW, The Witcher 3, Sekiro or the old Assassins creed games or any one of those and knowing you, You'll blow this thread away with the photomode. 

No 4k/HDR. Will have to live with my plasma, but that's not half bad at all. The GoT screenshot/game play visuals look quite stunning and certainly have a uniqueness to them. HZD is amazing. Witcher 3 was pretty great on what little I've played of it. AC has it's moments and I was quite impressed with Origins though the stealth was slightly lacking. I'll probably have to do a second play through immediately after because the game won't be the same the first time around pausing and constantly taking screens. The second play through of HZD was much better with uninterrupted game play while noticing all the little details and locations I missed the first time around. Refraining from taking more screens at times was tough, lol. Maybe GoT will require a third play through which actually has no interruptions, lol.

Can only imagine what this and future games will look like on PS5.

John2290 said:

Every sunset. It's an addiction.

I don't even bother with filters cause the game is so pretty by default.

And minor map spoilers ahead, this is all I've cleared after 30-35 hours , this game is going to take so long, it's achieved an addiction I haven't had since God of War which I platinumed in 6 days.

Spoiler!

Spoiler text.

I've never been addicted to a single player game like this and have such a slow pace at the same time. 

Some of these are great inspirations to paint on canvas.

Main char bit more vague to put more attention on the nature and boom fit for an art gallery:P

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Masakos tale alone is shaping up to be a better revenge story than TLOU2 which is really damn sad, playing this game and seeing TLOU2 threads on here keeps on hammering home my disappointment in that game.

I just need the last mission on her, but I think that is locked to the act 3, same with ishikawa sensei.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I just need the last mission on her, but I think that is locked to the act 3, same with ishikawa sensei.

I'm still playing act 1 :D. I've four or five random side tales to complete and a few camps to clear but I think I'm going to move on now cause hard mode is starting to feel like normal mode. That was an excellent 40 hours and I hope the next part of the island is just as good and another 40 hours, speaking of, it's a shame journalists have to rush through games like this and miss the underlying, core experience. 

I finished every quest on the first map, totally freed it as well. Didn't pick all collectibles as I'll do that after finishing the game (I'm picking everything I get near though).

Finishing some key main missions unlock the locations of the occupation buildings, and freeing those reveal location for the collectibles and remove fog. So it is more efficient way of cleaning the map.

Both Masako and Ishikawa revenges are going to become more interesting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I am fair bit through the main story, but I have lots of side quests and exploring to do on the first island.

Marth said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242941/ghost-of-tsushima-24-million-units-sold-through-globally-in-its-first-3-days-of-sales/1/

Very good sales of a new IP, about the ballmark I was expecting.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I finished every quest on the first map, totally freed it as well. Didn't pick all collectibles as I'll do that after finishing the game (I'm picking everything I get near though).

Finishing some key main missions unlock the locations of the occupation buildings, and freeing those reveal location for the collectibles and remove fog. So it is more efficient way of cleaning the map.

Both Masako and Ishikawa revenges are going to become more interesting.

So what would you rate the game so far? You seem to be going at a much faster pace than me and yeah, they already are interesting, I believe there is 5 more quests each but Masakos got to me emotionally. Loving these little detective missions too and how there is no mechanic to highlight tracks and what not. 

Spoiler!
I'm about to free the straw hat Ronins but even now i just wanna ride around and organically find stuff, i'm only moving on cause that is much more difficult now that I've nearly cleared the map.

I'll tell you the game have some twist and surprise moments, as expected on a war themed and politic game.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm still playing act 1 :D. I've four or five random side tales to complete and a few camps to clear but I think I'm going to move on now cause hard mode is starting to feel like normal mode. That was an excellent 40 hours and I hope the next part of the island is just as good and another 40 hours, speaking of, it's a shame journalists have to rush through games like this and miss the underlying, core experience. 

I started after you, and am waaaaaaaaaayyy further with more hours in. I eat, sleep, and play this game! Pretty sure this is going to be my GotY! Can't wait to do my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. One as an archer, and one as a pure Ninja.

Marth said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242941/ghost-of-tsushima-24-million-units-sold-through-globally-in-its-first-3-days-of-sales/1/

I read that as 24 million, thanks to the lack of a decimal between 2 and 4 in the link.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 24 July 2020