5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22
Cerebralbore101 said:
John2290 said:

I'm still playing act 1 :D. I've four or five random side tales to complete and a few camps to clear but I think I'm going to move on now cause hard mode is starting to feel like normal mode. That was an excellent 40 hours and I hope the next part of the island is just as good and another 40 hours, speaking of, it's a shame journalists have to rush through games like this and miss the underlying, core experience. 

I started after you, and am waaaaaaaaaayyy further with more hours in. I eat, sleep, and play this game! Pretty sure this is going to be my GotY! Can't wait to do my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. One as an archer, and one as a pure Ninja.

Marth said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242941/ghost-of-tsushima-24-million-units-sold-through-globally-in-its-first-3-days-of-sales/1/

I read that as 24 million, thanks to the lack of a decimal between 2 and 4 in the link.

24M would be deserving.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I started after you, and am waaaaaaaaaayyy further with more hours in. I eat, sleep, and play this game! Pretty sure this is going to be my GotY! Can't wait to do my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs. One as an archer, and one as a pure Ninja.

I read that as 24 million, thanks to the lack of a decimal between 2 and 4 in the link.

How many hours exactly? I'm nearing 45 hours, breaks accounted for, if I didn't make many misses with my stop watch. I wish I could play more but I can't make it past eight hours in the day without getting sick, comes with age I guess. Are your eyes not bleeding and is your body not aching and dried out? 

Well shit I haven't kept track. Let's see. I got the game Friday and likely played from 8pm to midnight. Then I know I played literally all day Saturday with only enough breaks in between to eat. Sunday I got 4-7 hours after work. Monday was around 4 hours before work. Tuesday I think I only got 2 hours in. Wednesday I played all day again. Thursday I played all day too. And this morning I got about an hour in. I sleep 8 hours a day, and it only takes me about an half an hour to eat a meal. Soooooo... 55-75 hours?

My eyes don't bother me at all when playing games for long sessions. If I'm playing on my computer my back gets sore from sitting semi-hunched over in my computer chair. But playing on the couch doesn't really bother me, since I'm usually not sitting.

16 hours playing in the first act. still addicted.

At this point I'm starting to notice some details that I wish they had cared for. Things like rain that don't put out fire and candles. Houses that are on fire forever. Commoners that are motionless when I get in breaking their doors.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well shit I haven't kept track. Let's see. I got the game Friday and likely played from 8pm to midnight. Then I know I played literally all day Saturday with only enough breaks in between to eat. Sunday I got 4-7 hours after work. Monday was around 4 hours before work. Tuesday I think I only got 2 hours in. Wednesday I played all day again. Thursday I played all day too. And this morning I got about an hour in. I sleep 8 hours a day, and it only takes me about an half an hour to eat a meal. Soooooo... 55-75 hours?

My eyes don't bother me at all when playing games for long sessions. If I'm playing on my computer my back gets sore from sitting semi-hunched over in my computer chair. But playing on the couch doesn't really bother me, since I'm usually not sitting.

Jesus, over 60 hours. You mad man :D That's hardcore. You've got til, eh, maybe 26-28 before these days are behind you, You def aren't doing this after 30 so enjoy it while you still can.

I keep track of my hours on a notebook. :) I've got exactly 16. I intend to play more 2 or 3 tonight.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

^ Great stuff. A few of these are going in my wallpapers. Will try to post more after some play this weekend.

Around the Network

Got a little trigger happy tonight and starting tinkering with the settings, too.

This photo mode is seriously impressive.

John2290 said:

TallSilhouette said:
Got a little trigger happy tonight and starting tinkering with the settings, too.

*PHOTO SNIP*

This photo mode is seriously impressive.

That red Samurai filter has more value than I'd have thought, those are some great shots. I especially like the one with the flag monk but it really makes the fight scene look familiar too, i wonder if that is some staple of Samurai films or art. 

I'm assuming you're in the second part of the island now with some of these shots or am I mistaken, if so, could you answer me a query? I'll not ask til you reply for fear of spoilers.

Yeah, I just started Act II and the middle section of the island. Shoot.

John2290 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Yeah, I just started Act II and the middle section of the island. Shoot.

We might be in the same boat so, Masakos tale is numbered but three of the icons are littered across the map along with the Monk Norios quests which has tale 1 and 4 out of 9 on the map... Does it still matter if they are done in order or what? Surely there is going to be a narrative disconnect if I do Norios 4th mission first and then his first or have they set them up so they can be done out of order? Seems like a last minute decision and one i don't like since they've already set the precedent of linear, numbered quest lines. 

No idea. If I have the option I'll try to do them by numbered order just in case. They're probably interchangeable though if they're both on the map at the same time.

I landed my Play Station Four to my ex :) She is a huge fan of Japan, their culture etc. When she saw the game she wanted to play right away so I have been nice.

So that's a stop for me for a while :)
Been maybe 15 hours in and I like the game so far. Not as much as Horizon or an Assassin's creed game (2 last ones) but the game graphics looks amazing and the immersion is just at another level. Right before she took the console I managed to finish the long bow thing. Took me a while to figure out that I had to finish some other mission to unlock this one but that's done so when I will get my console back I should be able to continue with a good head start!

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Jesus, over 60 hours. You mad man :D That's hardcore. You've got til, eh, maybe 26-28 before these days are behind you, You def aren't doing this after 30 so enjoy it while you still can.

I'm 36! :D 

The secret is to temporarily give up on life because your country is burning to the ground thanks to an idiot president, and the gym is closed so you can't workout 10 hours a week like normal, and your hours at work got cut back, because of coronavirus. 

Ideally, I'd like to get around 30-40 hours of gametime a week. But I'm usually scheduled for 6 days a week at work, when there isn't a pandemic going on. So my planned 30-40 hours of gametime a week usually gets cut back to 20-30 instead. And then when the Holidays come around every weekend is some relative's off calendar thanksgiving or christmas, or something. So we wind up having four or five thanksgivings a year. One at my aunt's house, one at my Grandpa's house, one at my great Aunt's house, etc, etc. 

Anywho...

The fact that I managed to get so much playtime already, just shows how much I absolutely adore this game!