6/10 1 4.55%

5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22
Hiku said:

Has anyone managed to liberate a city labeled as having an "overwhelming Mongol presence"?

There seem to be invisible snipers that rapid fire you, and each hit seems to do 99% damage.

I've walked away from it.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I've a question but if it's got spoilers past act 2 it doesn't need answering. What is a ghost weapon?

I assume they're the tools from that lower row of techniques like your kunai and smoke bombs.

Just Platinumed the game! :D

John2290 said:

Just sat down to play a bit and hit the 70 hour mark, discounting the 6 hours for the midnight release, that's 6 hours a day. I havn't played a game like this since Death stranding which i was averaging almost 8 hours a day, not countibg a replay of the Witcher 3 at around 7 but sure that was the depths of winter. 

Anyway, I don't know what these journalists were doing but rushing the main story on easy or normal cause I'm still in act 2 and I've only two story missions done with about two thirds of the first two island sections cleared of icons I've unlocked so far with more icons coming in as I talk to people and free prisoners (really cool reason to do random battles instead of ignoring them), I've done about half the side tales, 5 mythic tales and and I've one side set of side character missions to complete which has 9 parts. Even discounting time for photomode I'm still over the 40 hour mark which was the general estimation. Admittedly I'm slowed down because I refuse to use the map and instead rely on the visual cues on the screen so I can come across things organically, I think this is the way they instended people to play, only using it to switch back and forth from side missions to story or fast travel when I have new gear upgrades. 

This is one of the best games I've played of the generation, flaws and all. I really would like to see the flaws fixed but fuck it, every games has some manner of flaws and weak points and the bigh points here hold it up. I'm also a but saddened and at the same time admire the fact that they made some of the more emotionally impactful scenes and story in side tales, that's a big gamble with journalists. So far I'd give it a high 9 and round it off to a 10 but I can see how someone would think other wise depending on the difficulty they select, the way they play and the pace they go. There is no wrong way to play a game true but there are clearly more enhoyable ways to play sone games than others. 

Eh, I consider reviewer aggregates to be more of an overton window than a set in stone marker of quality. GoT has 85 on Opencritic but I give it a 90, personally. In one of the few extreme examples TLoU got a 94, but I consider it to be an 85.

John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Just Platinumed the game! :D

Eh, I consider reviewer aggregates to be more of an overton window than a set in stone marker of quality. GoT has 85 on Opencritic but I give it a 90, personally. In one of the few extreme examples TLoU got a 94, but I consider it to be an 85.

Any idea how many hours you hit before you got the platinum?

Around 75-95 hours. I really meandered around though. Never passed up a single random fight. Followed every bird. Went exploring a lot just to uncover fogged out parts of the map.

Platined the game, was a great experience.
At the time there were 17% of people finishing the game and 2.5% platined.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

95 hours to platinum? I was expecting more.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
@DonFerrari Hey, can you clear up some confusion. They threw all of Masakos new missions on the map at once but they are still numbered, does it matter which order I complete them. What's weirder is Norio has two missions on the map one numbered 1 of 9 and another 4 of 9, sup with that?

I done in order, but nope I think you could do it however you choose since what you discover in each of those are linked but not necessarily sequential.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Dgc1808 said:
Really enjoyable open world once I got the grappling hook. Was good before but there were some spots of confusion that now make sense with that tool.

Game looks unbelievable in motion during the right lighting conditions. Didn't think PS4 open world games could look this lively and flourishing. I can barely notice popin. The draw distance on vegetation and the sheer quantity of it at times is striking. I hope the ps5 enables native 4k60fps for this game and tlou2. Frame rate, ghosting artifacts from checkerboarding, these still hold visuals back from being as pleasing as possible.

The control scheme can get over whelming mid combat. You're character is able too do so much. However, this was a complaint I had with infamous 2 and second son. I felt more powerful at the end of infamous 1 than I did at any point in the sequels. Part of this was due to not having access to all powers at all times even when the inputs wouldn't really conflict with each other. Here, it's mostly not the case, and the game adds new tools fairly gradually so it's not too overwhelming. If I could make a single tweak: smoke bombs should just always be equipped. Left stick + r1 for other quick throwables, r1 only for smoke bombs.

Other than somewhat overwhelming controls, combat is damn fun. Especially once I got anti-spear stance and was allowed to kick people around. Timing parries and dodges was hard due to input delay at first, but I got used to it at this frame rate quickly enough.

Biggest gripes are:
1) I usually love stealth and it seems a little too easy in this game (playing on hard mode).

2) I wish kurusawa mode didn't necessarily butcher the audio quality. Would like that aspect of the mode to be a separate toggle. While we're at it, a new stylistic mode that keep the colors of flowers, non-green leaves, and blood but everything else black and white would be amazing

Didn't got overwhelmed by control because I basically done only samurai style whenever possible, the only ninja tool I used was kunai on some brutes because I hated their swapping attack. But yep I always attacked head on, rush to kill archers (always hate them, more when they break my combos), then just parry and attack rinse and repeat with occasional roll for unblokeable attacks. No need to really learn anything else =p when you master these.

0D0 said:
John2290 said:

Same happened to me and then I hit a brick wall an hour or two into act two that I'm still coming out of and the timing on stand off is still doing me in, if you're playing on hard I'd recommend getting as much upgrades, health, resolve and whatever else in act one as possible.

Thank you for the tip.

My only problem is that the minor side quests (like liberating mongol outposts) I'm doing aren't giving me much experience. It feels like it isn't worthy doing them (except the ones that drop good stuff).

Sidequests and mainly outposts that either give you stance points or technical points are a much better bet. I learned the skills at a fairly good pace this way.

Hiku said:

Has anyone managed to liberate a city labeled as having an "overwhelming Mongol presence"?

There seem to be invisible snipers that rapid fire you, and each hit seems to do 99% damage.

Yes I did, by storymode. I guess you aren't suppose to go there before you do it to clear main mission.