5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22
John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

Fall protection and witness protection I done after finishing the story, thankfully I checked the guide before going further because if not I could have had more hardships getting platinum.

Perfect parries are pretty easy one swords and shield men, the spear guys are next to impossible for me but once you get a few down it's easy to get them the majority of the time. I leave one last sword guy alive and perfect parry him until my resolve has filled cause the standoff window on hard in act 3 is brutally tight. 

@OP, I spent my last two hour session cleaning the last bit of the first two maps up and the game really looses its charm when you start using the map and fast travel. I wish they had added a multiple waypoint system where you can cue things up. I can see why Journalists would have thought this game to be generic if they were using the map contstantly, the games begs to be played as if there is no map at all and I've past the 90 hour mark with 50% trophy completion so to say I was going at a slow pace is an understatement but so glad that 90% of the time I stuck out traversal using smoke trails, foxes and birds as it made this game something really special as an open world game. I'm going straight back to playing it visually and fuck it, if it takes me another twenty hours to clear the last region, so be it.

I'm trying to parry against a bunch, because I also want a perfect parry that scares foes so I can get shoot them and get another trophy.

Btw the map, I use the map all the time and I still find the game original. I've never played a game with so many marks on the map and it made my completition fulfilment more enjoyable than in any other open world game.

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:
@John2290 what do you mean a lesser experience? I'd like to try going full ghost on hard or lethal mode but don't want to watch the video or read the spoiler, lol

If you go ghost heavily in the early game you get more thunder storms and less of the amazing weather that brings out the visuals. in the later game these become more frequent anyway but having no thunder storms in the first two acts for me was something I woudn't want to lose cause it made the game so serene and BoTW like in exploration. I think you can offset it a bit by balancing it with some Samurai fighting but I'm not entirely sure. Trust me though, you won't wanna do stealth once you feel the combat in this game, it's like Sekiros long lost brother who loves to party. 

I didn't know that. does going stealth change the weather?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
0D0 said:

I'm trying to parry against a bunch, because I also want a perfect parry that scares foes so I can get shoot them and get another trophy.

Btw the map, I use the map all the time and I still find the game original. I've never played a game with so many marks on the map and it made my completition fulfilment more enjoyable than in any other open world game.

I think so, the stealth streamers i've seen is nothing but Thunder storms so I looked it up and the devs said it was the case but no matter what you do you'll get more thunder as the game progresses thematically and indeed, the map is filled just perfectly, not too much and not to little with perfect spacing but what does make it feel a little cluttered is the random fights, you can ignore them but then again it feeds back into the exploritory excellence with prisoners giving you information on side quests. I do suggest you take just a bit of organic exploration to get a feel of what they were going for before you finish though, look for dark smoke clouds for mongol camps, the bigger they are the more occupied, flocks of birds for Haikus and white smoke trails for side quests and you'll know about all the rest. It's so good and also effective I wish they'd have done away with the map entirely. As for the parries, just fill your resolve up fully and leave one last sword guy to practice on and wait for the last split second before his sword hits, no tapping L1 or you'll void it and once you get it a few times you'll get it consistently after that, I reckon they put in a small slow down on the animation just before it hits to alleviate input lag or maybe to make it easier. EDIT: Or perhaps that's the charm I'm using, there is one to make perfect parries easier so I'd suggest finding the shrine for that one, it's one I've always equipped.

Thank you for the charm tip. I've seen it, but I've never used it.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

John2290 said:
Hiku said:

Playing the flute changes the time of day, and I believe the weather as well?

I'm not sure, It kicks up the wind but I've not notice it change the weather but sure the weather changes so frequently it'd be hard to notice and I've a suspicion that they some how skip nights in the day night cycle and add in more days or somehow cut them out by reseting the time of day after the completion of a mission or icon. 

I heard about the flute thing, but I thought we are supposed to find a certain weather song.

John2290 said:
0D0 said:

Thank you for the charm tip. I've seen it, but I've never used it.

I made a video for you to illustrate where in the attack telgraph to tap parry. Watch it at half speed, the first three are normal parries then the three after that are perfect parries. You can also get hit and get a perfect parry on the second attack if it's a combo chain if you're patient.

That's hard mode btw with the charm on, it's about 75% into the attack animation of a swing but some other attacks you basically have to wait for the tip of their sword to be touching you and don't bother with spear guys, the window is so tight it's not worth getting the damage.

Great video. Yeah, spear guys are almost impossible.

God bless You.

Since we're talking weather, I don't know if it would work for ghost that is a game about pulling off beautiful photography, but I'd like to see more games that have a "true dark" night like we see on Dragon's Dogma. I remember playing that on PS3 and I was truly afraid of travelling on the night. I alwayts used night time to do something else. I wish they made more open world games where the night is really dark and dangerous. I don't know any other game like that.

God bless You.

John2290 said:
0D0 said:

I think so, the stealth streamers i've seen is nothing but Thunder storms so I looked it up and the devs said it was the case but no matter what you do you'll get more thunder as the game progresses thematically and indeed, the map is filled just perfectly, not too much and not to little with perfect spacing but what does make it feel a little cluttered is the random fights, you can ignore them but then again it feeds back into the exploritory excellence with prisoners giving you information on side quests. I do suggest you take just a bit of organic exploration to get a feel of what they were going for before you finish though, look for dark smoke clouds for mongol camps, the bigger they are the more occupied, flocks of birds for Haikus and white smoke trails for side quests and you'll know about all the rest. It's so good and also effective I wish they'd have done away with the map entirely. As for the parries, just fill your resolve up fully and leave one last sword guy to practice on and wait for the last split second before his sword hits, no tapping L1 or you'll void it and once you get it a few times you'll get it consistently after that, I reckon they put in a small slow down on the animation just before it hits to alleviate input lag or maybe to make it easier. EDIT: Or perhaps that's the charm I'm using, there is one to make perfect parries easier so I'd suggest finding the shrine for that one, it's one I've always equipped.

You do know that is said the main reason Japan wasn`t fully invaded by Mongols in history is that the 2 times they tried there were a tsunami and storms (even the reason for the name Kamikaze, the god of wind protecting Japan), and that there are mentions of a storm coming in the game? That would be the reason that even natural progression in the game would make for more stormy weather.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hiku said:
John2290 said:

I made a video for you to illustrate where in the attack telgraph to tap parry. Watch it at half speed, the first three are normal parries then the three after that are perfect parries. You can also get hit and get a perfect parry on the second attack if it's a combo chain if you're patient.

That's hard mode btw with the charm on, it's about 75% into the attack animation of a swing but some other attacks you basically have to wait for the tip of their sword to be touching you and don't bother with spear guys, the window is so tight it's not worth getting the damage.

Nice video. I wish the timing was the same across all difficulties though, because it throws off my muscle memory when it changes.
I don't mind a tight window (I play fighting games) but just as long as it's consistent.

I played a lot on Normal, and I played a lot on Hard, and now I'm contemplating the hardest difficulty they just added. Maybe not permanently but I'll probably try to switch to it when things are going too easily.

John2290 said:

Oh, that's cool as fuck. Yeah, seems to be the last song you unlock for collecting all the crickets. Guess I'll be spending the next hours collecting crickets :D

Oh those things you find at cemeteries? Well that's a cool bonus. I'll be sure to get them all.

Every 5 crickets gives you a new song.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Hiku said:

Good that she is enjoying it =]

Bristow9091 said:
So they've released a new "Lethal" difficulty today... any of you guys tried it yet? Interested to hear how it plays out

It's good if you're more samurai than ghost, but I went back to Hard in my second duel with it on. Your high damage output doesn't apply to opponents mid-duels, but it still applies against you. Feels stupid and unfair. Works well with other opponents in the open world, but i find that it makes stealth even easier. Kunai and Bow damage were perhaps too high with the charms I had equipped. At least on hard I need headshots with the shorter bow to 1-hit kill.

4 ≈ One

John2290 said:
Playing the Monk Norio's tales and I just realised that everything in the majour 5 side tales was created and used specifically for those tales, I mean the locations anyway (aside from a few hubs and the places you begin the quests) my point is, they didn't use any of the locations as repeat locations and that is a theme throughout the game. I knew there was something novel about playing this game and I couldn't put my finger on it til just now as opposed to RDR2 where you set up camp and go in and out from that camp dozens of times often repeating the same locations over and over again in the main story or Assassin creed where you kind of kite around the same places in trails back and forth.

You really do need to explore the whole map.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

You really do need to explore the whole map.

What'a ya mean? I know the map like the back of my hand, I can traverse now by sight (Well, at least the first two areas, I'm working on the third slowly) because of the wind system and how well the map is laid out visually and the foliage colour. Is there something I've missed? I've basically done everything except for half the small side tales and a few of the enemy camps north of the endless forest. 

I mean that you need to explore the whole map to get and do all the side missions instead of just going in the same hub, even each of the main side quests each of them start in a different point. just doing the sidequests and missions you would probably unfog almost all the map.