7/10 0 0%

6/10 1 4.55%

5/10 1 4.55%

4/10 0 0%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1 out of I'm an imbecile. 0 0%

Total:22

This game is great! Tutorial like all tutorials suck, but it is what it is for any new player. Just running around being a samurai beating up Mongols is so fun though.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Got home and played two hours of it. The grass is seriously impressive. I have a 2070 Super in my PC, and there are games with 1/4th as much grass in them, as GoT that seriously drop frames, when you enter a high grass area. Meanwhile this game runs on PS4 Pro with entire fields of grass and the framerate barely dips.

The lack of a lock on camera is kinda sad, but I also realized how much I've been relying on it over the years. Enemies can juke you or leave your field of vision. This makes positioning during combat important. Also, without a lockon camera you are free to dodge enemies in a lot more directions.

The motion blur is pretty bad though, when turning the camera. And cutscenes look weirdly animated or choppy at times. But maybe they are lowering the framerate there to make cutscenes look cinematic?

Combat is good, taking a few pages out of Sekiro's notebook. Spear enemies are easy street though. And your average footsoldier can be taken out with two strong attacks to break their guard. I'm playing on Hard mode btw.

Stealth is hilariously easy. Enemies might as well be wearing horse blinders. Enemies take four seconds to go from "I think I see something" to "It's a Samurai! Get him!" In a stealth game that's all the time in the world to go back into hiding. I'm honestly afraid to even try going Ninja mode in this game. It might be way too easy.

See above on my thoughts on the camera. You really can't take on multiple enemies at once, with bad positioning in this game.

I'm playing without stealth, straight honourable Samurai, me. :D. Man, all that is needed is for dodge to be remapped to X and X takes circles place, that should give time to to reorient the camera and dodge on hard mode since it is doable on medium when the timing is slacker. 

You on Pro or OG?

Pro.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:
I took matters on my on hands and gone there pick up my copy, as soon as I finish persona 5 royal I'll start it. I'm 105h in Persona so it won't take much longer.

It's worth it, the game is great. Don't shy away from hard mode, it may seem daunting at first but it's really rewarding once you get the hang of it. It feels like they managed to make a Sekiro for the masses. It's brilliant accept for the camera, all that is needed to fix that though is a patch so doge can be remapped from circle to X and it should be sorted. 

Yes I imagine it is worth it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
axumblade said:
So far definitely Game of the Year. I doubt anything can top it for me from here out...

Same. 

Edit: Maybe Cyberpunk if it doesn't delay again. 

If RDR2 and Witcher3 weren't capable of being on my best of the year, I doubt Cyberpunk will.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

If RDR2 and Witcher3 weren't capable of being on my best of the year, I doubt Cyberpunk will.

You don't think TW3 is tge best game ever made? You heathen! 

I actually could barely stomach it. Played like 40h and didn't like, when the save file was lost I had no interest in starting over.

Around the Network

I noticed a recurring theme of western journalists bringing up historically inaccurate as a negative while the japanese seemingly are praising it for the depiction of that era and referrences to the old movies.
Historically inaccurate is a strange negative when it is done with respect.

John2290 said:

Just an average background NPC...

Lets take a closer look...

And an even closer look...

Oh man, does it really look that good? I saw the DF review but this image looks insane for a random NPC in an open world game. Nice! I might buy this soon.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:
I noticed a recurring theme of western journalists bringing up historically inaccurate as a negative while the japanese seemingly are praising it for the depiction of that era and referrences to the old movies.
Historically inaccurate is a strange negative when it is done with respect.

Huh, wokeness strikes again. Here i am scratching my head again wondering why this games score is so disconnected from what I'm experiencing, just like the last of us in the opposite direction. I mean, 8 is a "great" score in my book but these days scores range from only 5 to 10 if even that, 5 being terrible so 8.3 is like a 6 or so on my scale where 5 is average/mediocre. This game is not a 6, it's at least a 9 from what I've played so far and maybe a 10 if the skills can help alleviate the camera fuckery but we'll see when the credits roll.

Are you playing it? 

Waiting for the PS5 to play it but i'm almost sure i will enjoy it.

Also a good reason for me to not buy the next generic assasins creed,one of those each gen is enough for me.Playing assasins creed is like eating bland food but buckets,at first it is pretty good because you got hunger but as you go on it begins to feel like a boring chore.

Oh man, stealth is an absolute joke. I've been playing as a Samurai that just walks up and challenges everybody. I've had archers in perches utterly clueless to the outright brawl happening below them. Not but 15 feet below them their comrades are screaming and getting slaughtered. Meanwhile I can walk or climb right up behind these guys without even crouching, and they still have no idea I'm there. I'm always honorably giving them a good thwack over the head with the blunt end of my sword so that I don't accidentally stealth kill them.

The artstyle is 10/10, and I'm really enjoying the combat. Gotta love it when I perfect parry and enemies start shitting themselves. They always scramble backwards in fear, on all fours, which making killing them a breeze. The enemies have so many different attack patterns that it's a lot harder to get a perfect parry in this game, than it is in Sekiro.

One gripe I do have so far is that in order to explore properly I need the traveler's outfit. But sometimes I forget to equip my actual Samurai armor before a fight.

are the black bars options in photo mode?