By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox July Showcase 2020 thread

with all due respect to the entire Xbox community. In view of the hype that existed behind this event and what Playstation demonstrated throughout the year ... the presentation was a 6-7, far from enough to make people change ships and go xbox, but enough to please Halo fans.

Halo looked beautiful in the 5 minutes of gameplay, but the rest ... kind of disappointing

Around the Network

When I saw the leaves I thought it was next gen kameo! 🤣

Barkley said:

And I guess with the next Forza Motorsport not coming till 2021 (hopefully not later) then we shouldn't expect horizon till october 2022. Not used to waiting this long for Forza games.

Infinite looks fine, I might check out State of Decay 3 but other then that not much for me in this presentation. When Rare came up and the first couple of seconds of that teaser I thought we might get a surprise Banjo. xD

PotentHerbs said:
We didn't get enough gameplay.

There should have been a vertical slice of The Medium. It's one of the few titles that actually make use of the Xbox Series X hardware without being tethered to the Xbox One. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't any major third party announcements either.

I feel like MS got too caught up with makimg the show a gamepass show meaning everything shown will be on gamepass so they opted not to show big AAA third parties that weren't coming to gamepass. Definitely a mistake on their part.

They really needed Halo to look flagship worthy visually imo. While the gameplay looks fun, Halo visually was a miss imo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

DeusXmachina said:
KLXVER said:
wow that diversity. Shooter, shooter, shooter, adventure, shooter, adventure, adventure, shooter...

This is just not good enough. Half of the games they showed are releasing before the Series X ffs.

I understand not giving us a price, but why so secretive about the release date? We know its holiday, so just give us the date. Its not like people will go "OMG November 17th? They are doomed. That date is not acceptable!"

Thought they had learned from the XB1, but I guess not...

Everwild, Forza 8, Fable, State of Decay 3, Grounded, Psychonauts, Unavowed, Tell Me Why are all shooters, Huh? You learn something new every day.

My point is that they were bragging about the most diverse ever. Although I wouldnt be surprised if Fable turns out to be an online shooter at this point.

Around the Network

7/10

Halo was the star of the show, some good announcements and reveals but not the killer show Xbox really needed.

twintail said:
Shaunodon said:

Some people here never planned to be satisfied.

. None of the other big titles had any gameplay.

Like yeah, that is exactly why ppl aren't satisfied. Please don't try to spin dissatisfaction of some ppl here as some encoded hate for MS.

Because it isn't. 

Says the person who didn't have a single positive thought from the get-go. Your whole intent for being here seems to just be spin. Maybe don't try to pretend it's all doom and gloom?

A lot of good stuff was shown here. May not have reached sweeping heights, may have lacked gameplay, but let's not pretend it was somehow bad and they haven't learned a thing. They've clearly got a lot of good stuff in the works.

iceland said:
7/10

Halo was the star of the show, some good announcements and reveals but not the killer show Xbox really needed.

Was it, though? I was watching that demo thinking "Wait, is this like a Halo 3 remaster or something? it barely looks better than last gen Halo games."

Seriously, was that the Xbox One version? Ratchet & Clank looked considerably better and more impressive from a visual standpoint by a wide margin. And that's not even a AAA game! 

THREAD BAN (3 Days) ~ Trolling

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 July 2020

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

jason1637 said:
PotentHerbs said:
We didn't get enough gameplay.

There should have been a vertical slice of The Medium. It's one of the few titles that actually make use of the Xbox Series X hardware without being tethered to the Xbox One. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't any major third party announcements either.

I feel like MS got too caught up with makimg the show a gamepass show meaning everything shown will be on gamepass so they opted not to show big AAA third parties that weren't coming to gamepass. Definitely a mistake on their part.

The DQ announcement should have been on the actual show. I'm not sure why it was relegated to the pre - show.

My bingo card was way off, I was thinking they'd show more third party stuff than they did. But I guess that's a good thing, it means they have enough studios now to fill a showcase up.

Halo looked amazing. I'm playing through the entire series right now so I am a little Halo'd out at the moment but that looked very fun. Open world could be good depending on design. I can't imagine they'd make you embark on collect-a-thons or anything. Grappling hook worried me but it looked fine in gameplay. So many different weapons and holy shit the sounds, especially when they fired up the Warthog.

Forza was a trailer so idc. But the trailer made it seem as if they are focusing way more on the motorsports part of the name, could be a cool shift for the franchise. Everwild looked very good but idk what the game is. New RPG from Obsidian? Yes please. I'll take some Outer Worlds DLC, too. My card did have an Undead Labs trailer on it and I am stoked that it was State of Decay 3. A more open game incorporating weather and zombified wildlife would be great but also a big departure from the resources management survival game the first two were.

Didn't expect any Fable gameplay. Wasn't expecting much gameplay from Microsoft studios to be honest. It's just too soon for many of these. Was bummed we didn't see a Hellblade II gameplay sequence though.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the show. I missed the preshow, did they show any Wasteland, Bleeding Edge, or Gears Tactics?

Also it was very interesting that after all the talk here and worry about cross gen, a majority of the games MS showcased seemed to only be coming to Series X and PC.