By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox July Showcase 2020 thread

twintail said:
Shaunodon said:

Says the person who didn't have a single positive thought from the get-go. Your whole intent for being here seems to just be spin. Maybe don't try to pretend it's all doom and gloom?

A lot of good stuff was shown here. May not have reached sweeping heights, may have lacked gameplay, but let's not pretend it was somehow bad and they haven't learned a thing. They've clearly got a lot of good stuff in the works.

No one is pretending that the game line up isn't compelling, which makes me question if you actually know what the complaints about this event truly are.

The presentation was bad. You don't have to agree. But don't make this some console war because ppl don't agree with you. 

I expect better from a midyear MS presentation. I truly do, because I think they generally do a good job. 

What do you mean the presentation was bad? They showed games. They didn't start with some bizzarre self-aggrandising video of their own history, followed by footage for GTAV, they just showed games. It all flowed pretty fluently, with a few dev interviews in-between, really no different from the PlayStation showcase.

The biggest problem was the lack of gameplay. But obviously most of those games don't have the gameplay to show, so you can't show something you don't have.

The fact most of those interesting games are years away, is why I'm not interested in XSX right now and likely next year, just like PS5.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

Was it, though? I was watching that demo thinking "Wait, is this like a Halo 3 remaster or something? it barely looks better than last gen Halo games."

Seriously, was that the Xbox One version? Ratchet & Clank looked considerably better and more impressive from a visual standpoint by a wide margin. And that's not even a AAA game! 

THREAD BAN (3 Days) ~ Trolling

Dont want to stir up anything, but how is that trolling? Just seems like a comparison of the two new consoles games.

Anyway, if Xbox fans like the presentation, then thats all that matters I guess. I just dont think they convinced many others.

You think Avowed won’t convince people? That 100% falls outside what you would typically expect from Xbox. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
This is one of the most disappointing conferences ever

I agree, no Kinect 2.0? no day 1 for me. Need my Spade stalking creeping on girls Kinect VR game before I dip in.

Phil: Here at MS we hate moneyhats and think they are anti-consumer. Now, announcing our moneyhats.

God, this man is so two-faced.

Anyway, the presentation was meh. I don't think they took any wind out of Sony's sails. The actual gameplay we saw, especially for Halo, was hardly enough to justify bragging about having the power crown.

sales2099 said:
KLXVER said:

Dont want to stir up anything, but how is that trolling? Just seems like a comparison of the two new consoles games.

Anyway, if Xbox fans like the presentation, then thats all that matters I guess. I just dont think they convinced many others.

You think Avowed won’t convince people? That 100% falls outside what you would typically expect from Xbox. 

Well The Elder Scrolls have been on every Xbox console. Along with many medieval action RPGs.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
My god, Halo Infinite went back to old school root with bigger open map and my favorite old school hook mechanic as well as grab n' throw object.

The Medium, it's been 3000 years, where the fuck have you been for entire fucking 8th gen era?!!!!

AVowed. Yes! A healthy competition to TES franchise! Give me this first person RPG while Bethesda Game Studios working on TES 6.

Psychonauts 2.... Thank you.

Still buying new Forza Motosport.

Warhammer 40K Darktide should be fun, i hope. Since it's a co-op 4 players game.

And finally new Fable does exist.

8/10

Oh yeah! Avowed! Definitely gonna follow that one, looked right up my alley.

Shaunodon said:

What do you mean the presentation was bad? They showed games. They didn't start with some bizzarre self-aggrandising video of their own history, followed by footage for GTAV, they just showed games. It all flowed pretty fluently, with a few dev interviews in-between, really no different from the PlayStation showcase.

So you get to be negative towards the other console's presentation, but others can't for XBox's...

Oh i was wrong a bit ago,it's 22 timed exclusives probably.
I'm a bit excited about some games but those did not really have gameplay and and i did not really see much of what can be considered a graphical showcase or something that makes me think wow that's next gen.
I would love to play a good nonbethesda elder scrolls game by those that are better at making Bethesda games and i do like the look of the new Rare game,Senua's sacrifice is another interesting title with no gameplay and the honey i shrunk the kids one looks fine too +psychonauts 2

Yeah alright it's a pretty decent showing for me and i understand it can be a great showing when you are more invested in Halo and other shooters,so yeah it was good.

Hynad said:
Shaunodon said:

So you get to be negative towards the other console's presentation, but others can't for XBox's...

Is that what I said? Because I don't think I've said that you can't have any negative thoughts about this showcase. I've shown plenty of my own. But you think it's ok to just outright dismiss the whole thing as bad, just based on those?

I've mentioned negative things towards Playstation's showcase, but I never dismissed the whole thing as bad. I even said I'd have it slightly ahead of this one.

Why are you trying to justify people playing tribal warfare?

Wow, you get banned for saying Halo looked average, incredible.