By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best looking PS console (Design)

I think the best is...

PS1 14 17.95%

PS2 14 17.95%

PS3 17 21.79%

PS4 18 23.08%

PS5 15 19.23%

Total:78

Hard one, but PS2 slim following closely by the 2nd version of the OG PS4 without the glossy panel

Around the Network

PS3 > PS3 Slim > PS4 > PS5 > PS2 Slim > PS2 > PS1 > PS4 Slim > PS4 Pro > PS one > PS3 Super Slim

The PS3 Super Slim is an abomination, not only aesthetically, but functionally as well.

With that out of the way, I think the PS3 Slim is a really good looking console, but the OG PS3 really is the most handsome of the bunch and attracts the eye. "Fingerprints and scratches will ruin the piano finish." I've heard that countless times, but in the end it still looks good.

PS2, I like the front ridges and the monolithic look it has, though the Slim is cleaner and slender.

I was never a fan of the tiny PSone. It took away the iconic look of the original one.

I love my OG PS4, which is still alive to this date, and I wouldn't change it for neither the Slim nor the Pro (unless it's the 500 million edition). Conservative in looks, but very elegant as well.

I think Sony was very ballsy with the PS5's design. "Sexy" was the first thing I could come up with when I first saw it. The curves, the profile, the lights... it will definitely be a centerpiece wherever you put it on. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Last edited by Mr_No - on 12 July 2020

The original PS3 since it had a bit of build quality. But they all look best if you don't see them. So the slim versions since you can hide them.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Fat PS2>>>> FTW

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

BraLoD said:

How can someone like the PS3 Slim design better than the original?
It's a worse/cheaper version of the same format.
The OG PS3 is the best looking home console ever, but I still like the PSOne simplistic design a bit better, it's so cute.

I like the original better too, but I think they each have their strengths depending on how they're positioned.  The slim wins when placed horizontally but the original is way more eye pleasing when standing up.  The Super Slim looks bad either way though.

Around the Network

The original PS4 takes the first place, followed by the original PS2. After those, everything is more or less meh or worse, potentially with some redeeming features.

PS2 Slim.

I also liked the fat PS3 a lot. Everything else not so much.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

BraLoD said:
archbrix said:

I like the original better too, but I think they each have their strengths depending on how they're positioned.  The slim wins when placed horizontally but the original is way more eye pleasing when standing up.  The Super Slim looks bad either way though.

I disagree, I have the Super Slim and anyway it sits it looks good.

It looks good looking from top, perfectly horinzontally and vertically too.

I think it looks a lot better than the Slim, actually.

The OG is the best by a good margin, tho.

The Slim is the worst, it wants so much to be the OG but looks lifeless compared to it and the Super Slim is a completely different system that stands well on its own.

I hate how the Super Slim looks standing up but I'll grant you that it doesn't look too terrible when laying flat.  Just really cheap looking.

It's still the worst Sony system to me aesthetically... until the PS5 handily takes that "honor" when it releases.

Last edited by archbrix - on 12 July 2020

Second place for me has to go with the PSOne, the mini version of the original Playstation, it's just so gosh darn cute.

PS2 slim.

Never owned one. Had an OG.