Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Paper Mario: The Origami King sell lifetime?

How many million lifetime?

2+ 9 14.75%

3+ 7 11.48%

4+ 16 26.23%

5+ 15 24.59%

6+ 7 11.48%

7+ 3 4.92%

8+ 2 3.28%

9+ 1 1.64%

10+ 0 0.00%

15+ 1 1.64%

Total:61

ACNH will finish at 30M , Origami 6M max

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games

Around the Network

Somewhere in the region of 4-5 million, so I went with 4+

Just because everyone is so conservative in this thread: It will sell over 7m and double the sales of Super Paper Mario.

village boy learns to jump.

This game looks so boring. I bet it’s not gonna cross 3 million.

Due to the circumstances it's being released under, on top of the Switch effect, I'm guessing it's gonna do a lot better than some may expect. I'll say 3.5m minimum, but 5m is possible.

Around the Network

Virtually every release of a Nintendo IP on Switch becomes the fastest-selling or even best-selling installment in a series. I'll say 4 million plus, putting Origami King as the best-selling Paper Mario game.
If Nintendo built up more hype and it was a classic-style Paper Mario game, I would say 6 million plus.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Valdney said:

Well, to me Animal Crossing looks like about the most boring game ever made, yet it's selling like crack.

Our feelings as enthusiast gamers aren't always reflected in real world sales.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I think it'll vastly outsell the previous best selling paper mario, like pretty much every Ninty franchise is doing on the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised for a 1.5+ mil launch weekend, 4 million by end of year, and like 8 million lifetime.

curl-6 said:
Valdney said:

Well, to me Animal Crossing looks like about the most boring game ever made, yet it's selling like crack.

Our feelings as enthusiast gamers aren't always reflected in real world sales.

I 100% agree. I don’t even plan to ever touch AC,  but I do see its mass market appeal and historical data has shown that too, whereas PM has never been a big seller.  

Anyway, I am really disappointed with Nintendo’s first party output this year. Very underwhelming year so far. 

I would guess between 3 and 4 million. Sticker Star did about 2.5, and with the momentum of the Switch, and not much releasing atm, it should be able to surpass that.