By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Paper Mario: The Origami King sell lifetime?

How many million lifetime?

2+ 9 14.75%

3+ 7 11.48%

4+ 16 26.23%

5+ 15 24.59%

6+ 7 11.48%

7+ 3 4.92%

8+ 2 3.28%

9+ 1 1.64%

10+ 0 0%

15+ 1 1.64%

Total:61

Virtually every release of a Nintendo IP on Switch becomes the fastest-selling or even best-selling installment in a series. I'll say 4 million plus, putting Origami King as the best-selling Paper Mario game.
If Nintendo built up more hype and it was a classic-style Paper Mario game, I would say 6 million plus.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Valdney said:
This game looks so boring. I bet it’s not gonna cross 3 million.

Well, to me Animal Crossing looks like about the most boring game ever made, yet it's selling like crack.

Our feelings as enthusiast gamers aren't always reflected in real world sales.

I think it'll vastly outsell the previous best selling paper mario, like pretty much every Ninty franchise is doing on the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised for a 1.5+ mil launch weekend, 4 million by end of year, and like 8 million lifetime.

curl-6 said:
Valdney said:
This game looks so boring. I bet it’s not gonna cross 3 million.

Well, to me Animal Crossing looks like about the most boring game ever made, yet it's selling like crack.

I 100% agree. I don’t even plan to ever touch AC,  but I do see its mass market appeal and historical data has shown that too, whereas PM has never been a big seller.  

Anyway, I am really disappointed with Nintendo’s first party output this year. Very underwhelming year so far. 

I would guess between 3 and 4 million. Sticker Star did about 2.5, and with the momentum of the Switch, and not much releasing atm, it should be able to surpass that.

Around the Network
Valdney said:
curl-6 said:

I 100% agree. I don’t even plan to ever touch AC,  but I do see its mass market appeal and historical data has shown that too, whereas PM has never been a big seller.  

Anyway, I am really disappointed with Nintendo’s first party output this year. Very underwhelming year so far. 

Yeah, I too have found Nintendo's output this year extremely poor.

The last first party game I bought was Luigi's Mansion 3 last October and it's looking like I might close out this entire year with only third party purchases. Some years of the Wii U were better than this.

Around 4.5M would be my guess. Potentially more if the US go into lockdown again soon.

2m if that. It doesn't look exciting at all, I just don't understand who its target market is supposed to be.

Around the Wii game. 4M.

Paper Mario is not as big as Licences like Animal Crossing , or big Mario games