By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Paper Mario: The Origami King sell lifetime?

How many million lifetime?

2+ 9 14.75%

3+ 7 11.48%

4+ 16 26.23%

5+ 15 24.59%

6+ 7 11.48%

7+ 3 4.92%

8+ 2 3.28%

9+ 1 1.64%

10+ 0 0%

15+ 1 1.64%

Total:61

Watching how the Paper Mario franchise evolved(and devolved), I'll say this: Ever since it has reached rock bottom with Sticker Star, it has been improving with each new installment.Color Splasch was an improvement over Sticker Star, and The Origami King seems to be an improvement over CC.

While it certainly won't reach the heights of the best in the series, Super Paper Mario, it certainly has come a loooooooooong way since Sticker Star.

That plus the Switch effect will make it sell pretty well. I expect it to do betwenn 4 and 5 million units.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
Dulfite said:
This being a decent return to form and Covid-19 making everyone game like they are a 14 year old boy in 1987 means this one will probably sell better than all the previous versions.

All indications are that it's not a return to form.  It's basically an iteration on the Sticker Star line and I just don't get why they keep doubling down on it.  Especially after Color Splash outright bombed.

My own guess is 2.5-3.5 million.  It'll do fine, but I don't see it smashing the series record.

What do you mean "all indication?" It has traditional weapons, not stickers like the first two. The combat is turned based like the first two. The partners are back (with dialogue and unique names like the first two). It's a full "world" again rather than levels like the last two games (and like the first two games). It is 3-D adventure like the first two (unlike SPM). It's not perfect and isn't once TTYD's level, but this is absolutely moving in the right direction.

How much did Sticker Star sell?
Add 2-3 million to that.

Max 2.5 million. I'd gladly be wrong though.

I feel like it's still not the Paper Mario that many fans want (I only got into the series with Super and Color Splash and liked them both, so it not being like the first two doesn't bother me in the slightest).

1doesnotsimply

I voted 5+ mil. I feel it will outsell Super Paper Mario quite easily, especially given that Switch has yet to reveal the rest of this years upcoming games. People will be looking to play something, which puts the game in the spotlight during the time of its release. Throw in the fact that Switch seems to push IPs to break their previous records, and it seems like a done deal.

I did however top it out at 5+ mil because the game is still niche. Having it as a Mario game will help, but it will not go much further than 5 mil I feel.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

ACNH will finish at 30M , Origami 6M max

Somewhere in the region of 4-5 million, so I went with 4+

Just because everyone is so conservative in this thread: It will sell over 7m and double the sales of Super Paper Mario.

village boy learns to jump.

This game looks so boring. I bet it’s not gonna cross 3 million.

Due to the circumstances it's being released under, on top of the Switch effect, I'm guessing it's gonna do a lot better than some may expect. I'll say 3.5m minimum, but 5m is possible.