Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

I hope it's true, there's been very little info about any 1st party titles since Animal Crossing came out. The only major thing announced I can recall is Minmin in Smash.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
xMetroid said:

To me, the fact they are doing a Treehouse live on a Friday just confirms patterns aren't an always thing. But it also shows they are starting to communicate once again and it makes perfect sense for a Direct in the middle of this late wave of E3 stuff. 

They are pushing PM a lot and then after that they will need to announce atleast a new game on Twitter. But with investors meeting in a few weeks and being in the second half of the year, they just have to announce their lineup at this point. So a direct does make perfect sense.

The problem is they're pushing a game that fails to live up to it's much better received predecessor from 2004.

Battles seems to be pointless now, the supporting cast is almost nothing but Toads, and you only have one partner who stays with you.

Nintendo learned nothing from Sticker Star or Color Splash. Might as well get Bug Fables instead. -_-

Literally what is the point in this, never talked about the quality of PM. But anyway, i agree with the battle system but maybe the game can be good nonetheless. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Isn't there a Nintendo Treehouse scheduled for today? As someone in the comments section said, "There's your direct!"
CaptainExplosion said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Isn't there a Nintendo Treehouse scheduled for today? As someone in the comments section said, "There's your direct!"

If this is our Direct, then I rest my case. -_-

They will have to announce something tho, there is literally nothing planned for the rest of the year now. And the insiders said the treehouse wasn't connected to what they have planned for the 20th. 

I just saw that bakugan game and i can now see why they didn't keep that for a direct. 

Man I hope there is a general Direct.... It's been way too long. They need one badly. There needs to be a wide variety of new games for gamers to look forward to. For Switch owners that aren't fans of Paper Mario or Pokemon, I kinda feel for them.

1doesnotsimply

I hope

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

If this is our Direct, then I rest my case. -_-

They will have to announce something tho, there is literally nothing planned for the rest of the year now. And the insiders said the treehouse wasn't connected to what they have planned for the 20th. 

I just saw that bakugan game and i can now see why they didn't keep that for a direct. 

I use to not really care about Bakugan, but as of yesterday I fucking hate Bakugan. -_-

So are y'all ready? The rumors have been building up, announcement of the monopoly Mario 35th yesterday...

Direct should get announced Friday. Less then 36 hours

I am ready since 2019 so yaaay

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games

Or, the rumors could just be that. Rumors. No announcement is made and you guys all got your hopes up for nothing.
Just saying.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

PAOerfulone said:
Or, the rumors could just be that. Rumors. No announcement is made and you guys all got your hopes up for nothing.
Just saying.

You may be right.  On the other hand the last mini Direct dropped without even a warning.