Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

The 20th is odd. But coming that week fits Nintendo's pattern this year of announcing its next game just as the only major game on its schedule launches.

Around the Network

I’m uncertain, but I have some ideas, and I think there will be an announcement, at least, very soon.

If there’s Direct, it’ll likely be coming up soon and it will likely be to announce their next first party game. This is what I said last time and that’s exactly what happened despite people whining against my suggestion =P

The possibility is there that they spit out some kind of summer show based around content they made a Gamescom/E3 show, but it won’t surprise me if that doesn’t happen and they just focus on a more logical marketing strategy of marketing what’s here and now and not what’s coming out way in the future while de-emphasizing the current schedule.

It simply doesn’t make sense to announce distant products, it doesn’t help sales, but it can hurt sales.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 July 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nintendo needs to have a super strong release schedule for this Oct/Dec. they need to compete with the newly launched consoles.

Switch!!!

Take my advice, don't get your hopes up. I still believe a Direct now is too good to be true.

Leynos said:
If Bayo 3 is not shown then it's in trouble. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a cross-gen game at this rate and I can wait. Bayo 3 tho. I need a visual update like a trailer. I don't care if it's a dev blog. I just need something god fucking dammit!

Yea same, it's getting too long for Bayo 3. Feel like they teased it cause it was happening but they didn't even start the development at that point. Feels like the game should be close enough tho. For MP4, Nintendo keep suggesting they want to make the Switch's lifecycle longer, i don't see it being replaced before 2024. I'm sure they will have well enough time to make and release the game on Switch only. But i will not be surprised if the game is ported to the successor first year or something.

Metallox said:
I want a release date for DOOM Eternal as well. Well, in case the port is still alive, that is.

They said not too long ago that the Switch version is coming along pretty nicely and is going to be even better than the first one. Hopefully it's true.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Take my advice, don't get your hopes up. I still believe a Direct now is too good to be true.

To me, the fact they are doing a Treehouse live on a Friday just confirms patterns aren't an always thing. But it also shows they are starting to communicate once again and it makes perfect sense for a Direct in the middle of this late wave of E3 stuff. 

They are pushing PM a lot and then after that they will need to announce atleast a new game on Twitter. But with investors meeting in a few weeks and being in the second half of the year, they just have to announce their lineup at this point. So a direct does make perfect sense.

I only believe rumors when they're confirmed which basically means when they're not rumors anymore 😛

Time for SMT V to appear in a new trailer !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

xMetroid said:
CaptainExplosion said:

To me, the fact they are doing a Treehouse live on a Friday just confirms patterns aren't an always thing. But it also shows they are starting to communicate once again and it makes perfect sense for a Direct in the middle of this late wave of E3 stuff. 

They are pushing PM a lot and then after that they will need to announce atleast a new game on Twitter. But with investors meeting in a few weeks and being in the second half of the year, they just have to announce their lineup at this point. So a direct does make perfect sense.

The problem is they're pushing a game that fails to live up to it's much better received predecessor from 2004.

Battles seems to be pointless now, the supporting cast is almost nothing but Toads, and you only have one partner who stays with you.

Nintendo learned nothing from Sticker Star or Color Splash. Might as well get Bug Fables instead. -_-

Isn't there a Nintendo Treehouse scheduled for today? As someone in the comments section said, "There's your direct!"

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Isn't there a Nintendo Treehouse scheduled for today? As someone in the comments section said, "There's your direct!"

If this is our Direct, then I rest my case. -_-