Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

Really hope this ends up being true and it's a general direct  like many others, I'd love some Breath of the Wild 2 or Metroid Prime 4 footage, it'd be a dream, literally a dream.

Around the Network

Well, soon we reach a point, where Nintendo MUST come clean with their holiday's line-up. The last time I remember we had such an unclear situation, was 2013 when Nintendo announced Super Mario 3D World as big holiday title, and that was June 11 (2013). So it's about time!

We know the's a good chance something will happen around the time PM releases whether a direct or announcement for a game as that's what occurred when XBC released, PMOK was announced a week after XBC released after all followed by a Pokemon Direct where New Snap was announced. Just remains to be seen what they do when the times comes.

I mean it would be a surprise if they didn't. They clearly would have had something to show for e3 if the pandemic hadn't arrived.

Should be some good announcements to took forward to!

I still don't believe it's gonna happen.

This is most likely just a rumor getting people's hopes up.

Around the Network

So i have some new stuff from Nate :
Someone said as a joke that he hinted the direct will be substantial and have stuff 2021 and on and he replied with "have realistic expectations, don't overhype yourselves"
Which i think is a good thing, i feel like this is a "don't expect Bayo 3/Metroid prime 4/Zelda to be there all togheter but one of them will" type of thing. Since realistic expectations isn't just lower them but just keep in mind what's coming soon and not.

He also said that 2 third party games that are releasing this year were planned for E3... so we might see them there

Here : https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot9-black-lives-matter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/post-39146806

I would add to that with this, i would confirm this is a General direct and not a mini or a specific Mario celebration-like direct.

xMetroid said:

So i have some new stuff from Nate :
Someone said as a joke that he hinted the direct will be substantial and have stuff 2021 and on and he replied with "have realistic expectations, don't overhype yourselves"
Which i think is a good thing, i feel like this is a "don't expect Bayo 3/Metroid prime 4/Zelda to be there all togheter but one of them will" type of thing. Since realistic expectations isn't just lower them but just keep in mind what's coming soon and not.

He also said that 2 third party games that are releasing this year were planned for E3... so we might see them there

Here : https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot9-black-lives-matter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/post-39146806

I would add to that with this, i would confirm this is a General direct and not a mini or a specific Mario celebration-like direct.

Yeah, it'd make more sense to save such a direct for September, for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.'s North American release.

If Bayo 3 is not shown then it's in trouble. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a cross-gen game at this rate and I can wait. Bayo 3 tho. I need a visual update like a trailer. I don't care if it's a dev blog. I just need something god fucking dammit!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I want a release date for DOOM Eternal as well. Well, in case the port is still alive, that is.

Style Savvy Direct