By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

We know the's a good chance something will happen around the time PM releases whether a direct or announcement for a game as that's what occurred when XBC released, PMOK was announced a week after XBC released after all followed by a Pokemon Direct where New Snap was announced. Just remains to be seen what they do when the times comes.

Around the Network

I mean it would be a surprise if they didn't. They clearly would have had something to show for e3 if the pandemic hadn't arrived.

Should be some good announcements to took forward to!

So i have some new stuff from Nate :
Someone said as a joke that he hinted the direct will be substantial and have stuff 2021 and on and he replied with "have realistic expectations, don't overhype yourselves"
Which i think is a good thing, i feel like this is a "don't expect Bayo 3/Metroid prime 4/Zelda to be there all togheter but one of them will" type of thing. Since realistic expectations isn't just lower them but just keep in mind what's coming soon and not.

He also said that 2 third party games that are releasing this year were planned for E3... so we might see them there

Here : https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot9-black-lives-matter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/post-39146806

I would add to that with this, i would confirm this is a General direct and not a mini or a specific Mario celebration-like direct.

If Bayo 3 is not shown then it's in trouble. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a cross-gen game at this rate and I can wait. Bayo 3 tho. I need a visual update like a trailer. I don't care if it's a dev blog. I just need something god fucking dammit!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I want a release date for DOOM Eternal as well. Well, in case the port is still alive, that is.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Style Savvy Direct

I’m uncertain, but I have some ideas, and I think there will be an announcement, at least, very soon.

If there’s Direct, it’ll likely be coming up soon and it will likely be to announce their next first party game. This is what I said last time and that’s exactly what happened despite people whining against my suggestion =P

The possibility is there that they spit out some kind of summer show based around content they made a Gamescom/E3 show, but it won’t surprise me if that doesn’t happen and they just focus on a more logical marketing strategy of marketing what’s here and now and not what’s coming out way in the future while de-emphasizing the current schedule.

It simply doesn’t make sense to announce distant products, it doesn’t help sales, but it can hurt sales.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 July 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nintendo needs to have a super strong release schedule for this Oct/Dec. they need to compete with the newly launched consoles.

Switch!!!

Leynos said:
If Bayo 3 is not shown then it's in trouble. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a cross-gen game at this rate and I can wait. Bayo 3 tho. I need a visual update like a trailer. I don't care if it's a dev blog. I just need something god fucking dammit!

Yea same, it's getting too long for Bayo 3. Feel like they teased it cause it was happening but they didn't even start the development at that point. Feels like the game should be close enough tho. For MP4, Nintendo keep suggesting they want to make the Switch's lifecycle longer, i don't see it being replaced before 2024. I'm sure they will have well enough time to make and release the game on Switch only. But i will not be surprised if the game is ported to the successor first year or something.

Metallox said:
I want a release date for DOOM Eternal as well. Well, in case the port is still alive, that is.

They said not too long ago that the Switch version is coming along pretty nicely and is going to be even better than the first one. Hopefully it's true.

CaptainExplosion said:

Take my advice, don't get your hopes up. I still believe a Direct now is too good to be true.

To me, the fact they are doing a Treehouse live on a Friday just confirms patterns aren't an always thing. But it also shows they are starting to communicate once again and it makes perfect sense for a Direct in the middle of this late wave of E3 stuff. 

They are pushing PM a lot and then after that they will need to announce atleast a new game on Twitter. But with investors meeting in a few weeks and being in the second half of the year, they just have to announce their lineup at this point. So a direct does make perfect sense.