Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57
xMetroid said:
Alright so i've calmed down and read carefully now.
It's a series so i think we can expect at least another one soon that will have the Mario stuff.

Not quite, re-read it. The series it's talking about is 'Partner Showcase'. I don't think it's implying a series of mini-directs, at least not in the near-future.

I wouldn't mind a mini-direct every month though. At least for this year with everything being out of whack. Hard to imagine they don't have one notable Nintendo game on the way for the holidays.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Y'all.... Nintendo is WHACK wtf this is a 10 MINUTES direct with already announced third party games.
IS THIS A JOKE.

Yeah, I wish it was longer, but it's better than nothing. I hope they have release dates for the games.

Please show Bayonetta 3. I've been waiting 2 and a half years at this point.

Well, I'll take it either way. And in my case, the only thing I doubted was that Nintendo would present a full Direct on a Monday; because that was what was being hinted at in the beginning of this thread.

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

Well... insiders 1 doubters 0.

"On July 20 we'll debut the first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT."

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-direct-announced-for-july-20/

Not exactly what we were hoping for though. Doesn't seem like Nintendo will be announcing any new games, but I'd guess they'll announce at least one of the big undated titles (Bayo3, Prime 4, or BOTW 2) for this year, then probably a date for Bravely 2, and maybe if we all pray really hard a new Smash character. But better than nothing.

I'd like a reminder that SMTV still exists too.

Uh... yay me, I guess? lmao

I guess we know why they only announced it half a day ahead now. The only real winners here were the leakers.