Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

Okay i'm watching the Spawncast and..

Nate confirms Monday there is a direct coming. He says it is a pretty solid one but keep expectations realistic.
Should get announced tomorrow (Sunday). So we can pretty much expect a general direct.

Around the Network

Who is Nate?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:

Two days left and still now word from Nintendo.

Knew it was too good to be true. Fuck rumors.

There's a chance that they announce the Direct on Monday for the next day.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Leynos said:
Who is Nate?

A really credible guy that works for Nintendo and has been an insider for a while on resetera. He is also on twitter and does podcasts from time to time.

xMetroid said:
Leynos said:
Who is Nate?

A really credible guy that works for Nintendo and has been an insider for a while on resetera. He is also on twitter and does podcasts from time to time.

Sounds like he would be fired pretty quickly if he puts himself everywhere.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
xMetroid said:

Idk at what level he is at Nintendo, but he does remain pretty vague and just confirms rumors usually and doesn't reveal anything before it's out. He never does face reveal also. He is pretty legit. But even if he wasn't, many have had the same reports. 

Direct is happening on the 20th. I would remove the rumor in the title at the point we are at.

xMetroid said:
Leynos said:

Idk at what level he is at Nintendo, but he does remain pretty vague and just confirms rumors usually and doesn't reveal anything before it's out. He never does face reveal also. He is pretty legit. But even if he wasn't, many have had the same reports. 

Direct is happening on the 20th. I would remove the rumor in the title at the point we are at.

The point we're at is the same as it's always been, no proof or evidence, therefore rumor.

I've been ignoring this rumor for a while now but I keep seeing many comments here so I thought they confirmed it. But are they just going to shadow drop it like the mini direct?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

xMetroid said:
Leynos said:

Any examples of things he's predicted/leaked correctly before?  Any incorrect ones?

I would be really suprsied about Nintendo announcing new Direct on the day they released the second biggest game (to date), this year.
From the marketing point of view it would drive away some attention from the Paper Mario release to "new games" people expecting from Nintendo and this is not healthy for sales. I was sure, if the Direct was real, they will either fire it on Friday with some Paper Mario content or they will do it (also the announcement) definitely after launch -week or -weekend so it wont hurt the Paper Mario attention-focus.

If u have a product lanuching on day X, and you are expexting some "sales" on the launch window, you just focus marketing campaign on the product and do not fire or even tease new other products that can steal some attention from it. Its just a basic rule from the marketing product management.

Last edited by Ardormor - on 19 July 2020