Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57
Leynos said:
MasonADC said:

Emily has had an almost perfect track record since like 2017 lol. What’s the point of wanting a direct but then choosing to ignore a mini. If a mini is dropped tomorrow at 10, I guess that the crazy insiders were wrong once again 

Mini's never been that interesting. Yeah wasn't she the one talking about BG&E2 exclusive to Switch? heh. I never got a Xenoblade or Astral Chain like an announcement that I recall at a mini.

Don’t think so, and even if she did it was probably not before 2017. If you have to go so far back to find something that doesn’t really help your case. First party games can be announced in minis. The last general direct only announced one first party title and it was a remake. Not hard to top that when we literally have no future first party titles dated(or even that many announced) 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
NightlyPoe said:

I wonder if you said the same thing when the insiders told us the Mini Direct was going to happen on March 26 and people declared it a bust when it wasn't announced the day before, only for it to be shadow-dropped right on schedule.

In other words, we can't really say anything until tomorrow passes.  Nintendo just does what it wants.

I have no recollection of a March Direct. I have not seen one since September. I ignore minis and indies. I want there to be a direct but I roll my eyes how many "insiders" there are. So many are full of BS. I never heard of Uncle Nate at Nintendo. People put so much trust in Rogers when she is wrong half the time. Same with Liam.

I think you have unrealistic expectations for rumors.  They are called rumors for a reason.  Even the good ones usually get a detail or two wrong.  If we get a Direct mini tomorrow then the rumors for this Direct are good.  If we get nothing tomorrow then the rumors for this Direct are bad.

It was her and she has been wrong on some of the hardware stuff. She's 50/50. It was in 2017 as that us when it was started. I don't care about Mario or Animal Crossing or anything Pokemon. TMS#FE, Xenoblade, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina are the things more interested in and not seen anything like that come from a mini. While not for me. It was interesting to see Deadly Premonition 2. now if they announce Yokai Watch 4 western release or Persona 5 Scramble then all ears are listening.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
It was her and she has been wrong on some of the hardware stuff. She's 50/50. It was in 2017 as that us when it was started. I don't care about Mario or Animal Crossing or anything Pokemon. TMS#FE, Xenoblade, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina are the things more interested in and not seen anything like that come from a mini. While not for me. It was interesting to see Deadly Premonition 2. now if they announce Yokai Watch 4 western release or Persona 5 Scramble then all ears are listening.

We might get a No More Heroes 3 release date. That would be cool.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/fans-convinced-nintendo-direct-coming-this-week/#5

To all the doubter. I BELIEVE

Around the Network

Y'all idc if you want to make fun of all this tomorrow at 8pm after nothing happens but it's just speculation the type and how it will be launched. But i'm sure the Direct is coming tomorrow idc.

But yea i would like to add that at this point, i think the 10 am shadow drop mini direct is the most plausible option. Not the most envious option, i don't like mini and we didn't get a general in almost a year. But eh, better than nothing i suppose.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1285061875030298624?s=21

And here it is. So much for the gloom and doom

Y'all better say "Sorry uncle Nate"
SEEEEEEEEE. It's a Mini but it is still something i guess lmao.

Nate also said (cuz u will listen now), that the difference between Mini and General is slimmer than you think.

Wait is this like a third party direct again ? We-

What the hell is going on.

Well... insiders 1 doubters 0.

"On July 20 we'll debut the first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT."

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-direct-announced-for-july-20/

Not exactly what we were hoping for though. Doesn't seem like Nintendo will be announcing any new games, but I'd guess they'll announce at least one of the big undated titles (Bayo3, Prime 4, or BOTW 2) for this year, then probably a date for Bravely 2, and maybe if we all pray really hard a new Smash character. But better than nothing.

Half this thread is one person constantly saying this was BS and now it's confirmed, lol.

For the record I also doubted it, but it will be funny to see the reactions all things considered.