By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

Meh a mini. Will only care if they have anything on Bayo 3. Forgot about NMH3 and SMTV.

Last edited by Leynos - on 20 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Well... insiders 1 doubters 0.

"On July 20 we'll debut the first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT."

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-direct-announced-for-july-20/

Not exactly what we were hoping for though. Doesn't seem like Nintendo will be announcing any new games, but I'd guess they'll announce at least one of the big undated titles (Bayo3, Prime 4, or BOTW 2) for this year, then probably a date for Bravely 2, and maybe if we all pray really hard a new Smash character. But better than nothing.

I'd like a reminder that SMTV still exists too.

Semi-realistic hopes

Bravely Default 2 release date.
Bayonetta 3 update.
Mario + Rabbids 2
Some third party Smash Character.
Announcement of an actual direct XD

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

Well... insiders 1 doubters 0.

"On July 20 we'll debut the first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced Nintendo Switch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT."

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-direct-announced-for-july-20/

Not exactly what we were hoping for though. Doesn't seem like Nintendo will be announcing any new games, but I'd guess they'll announce at least one of the big undated titles (Bayo3, Prime 4, or BOTW 2) for this year, then probably a date for Bravely 2, and maybe if we all pray really hard a new Smash character. But better than nothing.

It's a smaller game. A little off topic, but if I played and enjoyed SMTIV but not enough to want to play through something similar would Apocalypse be worth my time?

Y'all.... Nintendo is WHACK wtf this is a 10 MINUTES direct with already announced third party games.
IS THIS A JOKE.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Shaunodon said:

It's a smaller game. A little off topic, but if I played and enjoyed SMTIV but not enough to want to play through something similar would Apocalypse be worth my time?

Probably not. One of the main critiques for the game is that it's too similar.

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

Probably not. One of the main critiques for the game is that it's too similar.

Ah.  Well that saves me some money.

xMetroid said:
Y'all.... Nintendo is WHACK wtf this is a 10 MINUTES direct with already announced third party games.
IS THIS A JOKE.

Did anything say 10 minutes? Minis have been around 25 minutes.

Edit: At least the last one was.

JWeinCom said:

xMetroid said:
IS THIS A JOKE.

The Nintendo Japan tweet says 10 minutes.

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

The Nintendo Japan tweet says 10 minutes.

Well that's lame.

Alright so i've calmed down and read carefully now.
It's a series so i think we can expect at least another one soon that will have the Mario stuff.