Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57
super_etecoon said:
Leynos said:
Not angry. Bye

You seem angry, and your comments won't age well if Nintendo does indeed announce a slew of heavy hitters for holiday 2020.  I understand your frustration (and that of many gamers just like you) but I'd advocate for a little patience and understanding.  Nintendo has been great lately with surprising us with games that are practically completed and ready to roll just before they release.  Mario Odyssey came out of nowhere, as did Smash.  Nintendo is certainly attempting to walk a fine line between over and under announcing, and in the world of coronavirus (which I didn't see any mention of in your comments, although I may have just missed that part) I think that's a difficult task.  

This rumored announcement has literally three days left before it expires, yet you lack the patience to wait out the weekend before throwing down your proverbial gauntlet.  I sense a theme here. 

Not angry. Just blunt.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Leynos said:
super_etecoon said:

You seem angry, and your comments won't age well if Nintendo does indeed announce a slew of heavy hitters for holiday 2020.  I understand your frustration (and that of many gamers just like you) but I'd advocate for a little patience and understanding.  Nintendo has been great lately with surprising us with games that are practically completed and ready to roll just before they release.  Mario Odyssey came out of nowhere, as did Smash.  Nintendo is certainly attempting to walk a fine line between over and under announcing, and in the world of coronavirus (which I didn't see any mention of in your comments, although I may have just missed that part) I think that's a difficult task.  

This rumored announcement has literally three days left before it expires, yet you lack the patience to wait out the weekend before throwing down your proverbial gauntlet.  I sense a theme here. 

Not angry. Just blunt.

Is you is, or is you ain't, ifin' so, is you was or is you wasn't of profound malediction upon the person's of yous' transgression?!

Dulfite said:
Leynos said:

Not angry. Just blunt.

Is you is, or is you ain't, ifin' so, is you was or is you wasn't of profound malediction upon the person's of yous' transgression?!

I think I'm generally a patient guy but I think at this point Bravely Default 2 is the only announced game from Nintendo that even has a release year. That's a rather strange state of affairs, and it's reasonable for fans to be getting impatient.  I think they have an investor's meeting the end of July? Hard to imagine they'd go into that without showing something.  Even with the Switch selling like it is, hard to see them getting away with that.

Around the Network

My new working theory is that they are going to shadowdrop a Nintendo Direct mini on July 20, and it's only going to have the next few months worth of content.  This is what they did back on March 26 which was 6 days after Animal Crossing released.  If the rumors are true, then this will be 3 days after Paper Mario releases.  I think they are going to do the same sort of thing.

CaptainExplosion said:

Two days left and still now word from Nintendo.

Knew it was too good to be true. Fuck rumors.

1.most directs are announced 1 day before

2. Shadowdrops

Atleast wait until 10 am est on monday to get mad

I also have still games to play and buy so i'm not complaining but i just want news on Botw 2 and other titles coming in the near future.
They have announced directs the same day, once they announced a general direct the morning it was happening and they went live like at 4 or 6 pm EST i don't remember the exact hour, it was in the Wii U era.

It could also be a shadowdrop Mini direct but i don't think so, they will def announce the Mario collection and it is not content that you just want to drop without anticipation. The thing is, maybe they delayed the announcement date since the direct leaked and they don't want the news of the Mario collection to spread already during the weekend.
Or maybe they just never planned to announce it until Sunday or the same day.

The rumor was never about the announcement date, no one knows when it will get announced. But people know there is a direct coming. Kelios just suggested it could be Friday as an opinion since they don't usually announce them on weekends or on the same day (with some exceptions).

But we'll see, i won't get hyped until it's confirmed but i still think it could happen. Anyway i work from 7 to 3 pm monday so i hope it will get announced in the morning for a late afternoon direct at like 4 pm :p

Update : Aight, i'm still pretty confident. The mighty king of insiders from resetera that leaked A LOT and always correctly in the past and that has had to change it's name on Resetera just said it isn't a Mario direct but a general direct. Don't know if it's a Mini or a Big one tho.

So i'm still confident. They won't drop a general without announcing it, so i expect an announcement tomorrow for a 12pm EST Direct Monday OR a Monday morning announcement for an afternoon direct.

Last edited by xMetroid - on 18 July 2020

I just need something tangible on Bayonetta 3.

There isn't yet a Nintendo Direct for premature ejaculation, but I hear that's coming quickly.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.