By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

This is coming from the user KeliosFR which hinted at it first on twitter a few days back without a sure date but can confirm now that it should take place on the 20th. He is the one that called the Mini direct like a month earlier with a precise date.

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1278947546845425664?s=20

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot9-black-lives-matter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/post-39064369

I was waiting for more info/confirmation before making a thread and hype people for no reason but it happens that the user NateDrake which is one of the most accurate insider of Resetera hinted at it several times and than "confirmed" it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot9-black-lives-matter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/post-39061216

It would still up to change but there is something coming. Would make sense since there is several presentation in the coming weeks, i'm sure  Nintendo wants a pie of the media coverage. It is unclear at the moment if it is a Mini direct or a General direct but apparently it does count several titles and Kelios thinks it should be general instead of a small one. 

Take that with a grain of salt but with the rumors making waves and these 2 insiders that have been right on stuff that can't be luck seems to be pointing towards a general direct in less than 2 weeks.

Around the Network

When was the last time Nintendo delivered a major presentation on a Monday?

The 20th would be a weird date but I hope something happens soon. No games dated for the year other than paper mario sucks

I hope this is true... I really have nothing concrete to look out for my Switch at the moment. Fingers crossed that something Metroid related!

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

On a Monday? I seriously doubt that.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
When was the last time Nintendo delivered a major presentation on a Monday?

Nintendo have been breaking patterns a lot lately and tbh as much as i find it weird too, Kelios announced the literal correct date for the mini march direct (26) in february and NateDrake has a darn good track record for knowing stuff. He never really leaks but does support/confirm when stuff gets out.

It could still be a Mini, but seems like it isn't. Kelios expect the announcement to be made like on Friday. 

It's about damn time if true. We've had nothing to look forward to from Nintendo for months, and it's starting to get tiring. Do they even have a big title announced for the Holidays?

Trunkin said:
It's about damn time if true. We've had nothing to look forward to from Nintendo for months, and it's starting to get tiring. Do they even have a big title announced for the Holidays?

Not currently but i'm sure we will have everything lined up in 2 weeks or almost. Maybe there will be some titles like RFA coming out of nowhere but the big stuff should be there + probably a trailer or 2 for big games coming later next year and beyond.

I'm telling y'all, Nate is pretty serious about this stuff and if he hints about it happening it is almost 100% happening. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, I hate to be that guy, I'm kinda ok with not having a direct for a while .... I have enough games right now

cringes at self eternally

Still, would be fun to be able to have something new to talk about, so I'd like a direct. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, I hate to be that guy, I'm kinda ok with not having a direct for a while .... I have enough games right now

cringes at self eternally

Still, would be fun to be able to have something new to talk about, so I'd like a direct. 

Same, i didn't even start Xenoblade Chronicles 2 until last month and i have some other games to finish as well and some i haven't bought. But Nate seems to say Pikmin 3 deluxe would be the next game on schedule and Mario collection later this year with a new Holiday title. For me i already played Pikmin 3 so i don't really care and i will have some months to play some of my backlog lmao.

But i do want to know/be excited for the future.