By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some TLOU2 Haters Are Nut Jobs CONFIRMED!

Jaicee said:
Runa216 said:

I love you. Wanna gay marry? 

As I understand it, you are neither female nor gay, so...I'm confused.

Love ya too though! Platonically.

It's complicated, but that's good to hear! Platonically rad.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
This thread sounds like it went the way I figured it would. I do not enjoy games or movies that push political messages of any kind. I want to ESCAPE the stresses and drama of real life when I play games.

This is why I generally play Nintendo games. No one can take anything politically serious about a short, fat Italian plumber saving a tall Aryan princess from a freaking Alligator Snapping Turtle, while eating mushrooms to get powered up. It's glorious, relaxing, and pure escapism haha.

Translation: I don't like it when art makes me feel things. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Dulfite said:
This thread sounds like it went the way I figured it would. I do not enjoy games or movies that push political messages of any kind. I want to ESCAPE the stresses and drama of real life when I play games.

This is why I generally play Nintendo games. No one can take anything politically serious about a short, fat Italian plumber saving a tall Aryan princess from a freaking Alligator Snapping Turtle, while eating mushrooms to get powered up. It's glorious, relaxing, and pure escapism haha.

And why would that be a problem?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Runa216 said:
Dulfite said:

He feels things, he feels relaxed for example, I'm sure joyous as well when playing a Mario game. The concept of art is already muddled enough, let's not do that with feelings as well. 

Dulfite said:

Rest assured they will come for nintendo in the future. Being a japanese developer we at least know it will be more difficult, but you can be sure one day they will jump on nintendo.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Nut job or not, I kinda feel like it would have been better if we'd never even gotten this game. It should have been "One and done" in my opinion.

Take it as you will, I admit that Sony isn't my favorite company but I love good games and TLoU was a good/great game. With TLoU 2, it started off slowly. Then things ramped up. I said to myself "This is about to get good!" and for a while, it did. Outsmarting the AI was thrilling and fun. But now, on "Day 3", that's worn kinda thin. The story kinda sucks. The characters aren't likeable, and I just want it to end. I don't even care about spoilers anymore.

Yes there was no need for a sequel, but I am glad we got it and it could have only gone in such a direction. I am thankful for the amazing gameplay, music, scenes of so and so we know, and abby and .., gameplay.  

Jaicee said:
padib said:

@bold. I have really no clue what you're referring to. I would never infer that at all.

I think that you did however minimize the issue on the other side, though it's also nothing I'm jumping at your throat about, and if it sounded like that it wasn't my intention: "The game's detractors certainly have managed to find a way of turning themselves into the real victims here." It's a sentence I found issue with, and I just tried to show the two sides of the story, because I've seen users here and elsewhere being treated badly due to having a simple opinion on the game.

For the record, I didn't associate you to anyone, I think you misunderstood my post. I was just showing how the whole situation, when you put it all together, it does show that there are victims on all sides, to varying degrees of course. I was trying to explain why I disagreed with your statement, I was not trying to show why you in particular were making victims. On the contrary I think your attitude (other than maybe ignoring that some users are being bothered), was actually not a problem at all. My aim was to show that it's best to just look at it from both sides and meet in the middle. If you have the energy, read over my posts again to confirm that that's what I meant, because I never meant to say that you were a source of the bad energy, and I don't intend to point any fingers, I just want to explain why I disagreed with your statement, and tried to help people see both sides.

Just to set the record straight, I never pigeonholed you, since neither of the two accusations you thought I pointed at you were true. I pointed rather at the situation in general, not at you. I was trying to help you see the other side, and why there is an issue as to how people on the other side of the argument are, generally (not by you), being treated.

You should like the game if you like the game, by all means. My posts were not about that. My posts were there to ask that there is respect for those who had an issue with the game, and that the witch hunt (by other figures or users) would simply cease and that people would generally take the whole thing a little less seriously. It's important, I understand, but not to the point that we (in general) should hurt each other for it.

Okay. First of all, I'm sorry about lashing out the other day. My Facebook wall is an absolute nightmare to even look at right now over this game and I guarantee you it's coming from one direction pretty exclusively. I'm also tired of, for months and months now, just wanting to catch more stuff about TLOU2 on YouTube, more info (at earlier points), interviews, theories, that sort of thing, and being recommended nothing but insufferably petty grievance videos with titles like "Joel Deserved Better" and "Is TLOU2 a Masterpiece? ABSOLUTELY NOT!" and a bunch of ludicrous, Gamergate-style conspiracy videos about how Anita Saarkesian really made this game, how Laura Bailey supposedly had sex with Druckmann, how Sony absolutely paid off the critics, and other "legitimate criticisms" like that. So you'll forgive me if my temper seems short. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this! I'm sick and tired of EVERYTHING being turned into a "Did you vote for Trump or Crooked Killary?" culture war, and let's face it, that's exactly what this is. At this point I wish this game were never even made because, for as much as I've loved it, it's existence isn't worth the real-world social consequences. *sigh* Anyway, looking back, I overreacted. I was trying to apologize just there, but I think that might've gotten lost somewhere along the way.

So anyway, you say that I "minimize[d] the issue on the other side". Let's look back to your preceding reply to me to see what "issue on the other side" you're referring to. Here it is, quote:

"...Between people being banned from forums for voicing a negative opinion about the game, to journalists like Jason Schreier being shamed on twitter, to users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt, the only conclusion is that people are not allowed to say things against the game."

I'll highlight the "users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt" part in particular because it stands out here as symptomatic of a persecution complex. I offered a 19-paragraph commentary on the game not too long ago that included several paragraphs of criticisms. I was not banned or attacked, but up-voted by six people as a result. In fact, there is an *official* VG Chartz review of the game up now scoring it a mere 7 out of 10, which is much lower than most other professional reviews. Or just look at the average level of up-votes you see on this thread. Who gets more on average: supporters of this game or detractors? The latter, by a margin of like 2 to 1. You are NOT being marginalized and persecuted here on VG Chartz! The fact that you believe you are shows how warped your perspective is. You literally don't know what marginalization is.

I find that I'm permitted to voice a number of opinions openly here on VGC that have gotten whole subreddits closed of late. I don't feel that this is an unreasonably restrictive place. To that end, I strongly suspect that anyone who may have been banned in connection to comments about this game on the forums (I haven't been following that to know, I'm afraid) proooooobably was banned for something much more than just whether they liked or didn't like The Last of Us Part II.

Point being: Unless we're specifically talking about the board policies of ResetEra, which is a place that I don't join precisely because I feel like I wouldn't make it 24 hours there without being permabanned anyway owing to their ludicrous volume of rules, I'm just not seeing any real case here for 'TLOU2 haters are being persecuted off the internetz!', considering that they pretty much ARE the internetz. There is a real social censorship problem out there. I hear you on that. Your treatment/pedestal here ain't it though. There IS, however, a very, very real toxicity (and in particular, misogyny) problem going on around this game that comes pretty much exclusively from one direction.

Yeah when we start venting here about all the drama we see on social media we often target those that mostly take a softer approach so reactions from both sides here are understandable aaaaaand a tiny bit misdirected but everyone does it and we mostly acknowledge afterwards.(that's the important part!)

I stay far away from facebook as it became a platform for a lot of selfobsessed people,was one of the first creating an account when facebook started like 14 or 13 years ago but i deleted it few years in.Twitter is amongst the same kind of shit but even easier to be antisocial,in good and bad ways.

Have you tried to take a step back from all the social media bs when you feel like it is getting too much?

i can almost feel your stress and mental health i so important.

Runa216 said:
Dulfite said:

Maybe you could start being considerate instead of only talking considerate when it surrounds your own view.

The game makes me feel depressed,would you like some depression?(i had it enough already to not want it from a game)There is art in this game and it is bundled with more extreme things that might be considered art but not everyone has to like it,does not make them bad nor stupid.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 11 July 2020

Immersiveunreality said:
Jaicee said:

Okay. First of all, I'm sorry about lashing out the other day. My Facebook wall is an absolute nightmare to even look at right now over this game and I guarantee you it's coming from one direction pretty exclusively. I'm also tired of, for months and months now, just wanting to catch more stuff about TLOU2 on YouTube, more info (at earlier points), interviews, theories, that sort of thing, and being recommended nothing but insufferably petty grievance videos with titles like "Joel Deserved Better" and "Is TLOU2 a Masterpiece? ABSOLUTELY NOT!" and a bunch of ludicrous, Gamergate-style conspiracy videos about how Anita Saarkesian really made this game, how Laura Bailey supposedly had sex with Druckmann, how Sony absolutely paid off the critics, and other "legitimate criticisms" like that. So you'll forgive me if my temper seems short. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this! I'm sick and tired of EVERYTHING being turned into a "Did you vote for Trump or Crooked Killary?" culture war, and let's face it, that's exactly what this is. At this point I wish this game were never even made because, for as much as I've loved it, it's existence isn't worth the real-world social consequences. *sigh* Anyway, looking back, I overreacted. I was trying to apologize just there, but I think that might've gotten lost somewhere along the way.

So anyway, you say that I "minimize[d] the issue on the other side". Let's look back to your preceding reply to me to see what "issue on the other side" you're referring to. Here it is, quote:

"...Between people being banned from forums for voicing a negative opinion about the game, to journalists like Jason Schreier being shamed on twitter, to users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt, the only conclusion is that people are not allowed to say things against the game."

I'll highlight the "users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt" part in particular because it stands out here as symptomatic of a persecution complex. I offered a 19-paragraph commentary on the game not too long ago that included several paragraphs of criticisms. I was not banned or attacked, but up-voted by six people as a result. In fact, there is an *official* VG Chartz review of the game up now scoring it a mere 7 out of 10, which is much lower than most other professional reviews. Or just look at the average level of up-votes you see on this thread. Who gets more on average: supporters of this game or detractors? The latter, by a margin of like 2 to 1. You are NOT being marginalized and persecuted here on VG Chartz! The fact that you believe you are shows how warped your perspective is. You literally don't know what marginalization is.

I find that I'm permitted to voice a number of opinions openly here on VGC that have gotten whole subreddits closed of late. I don't feel that this is an unreasonably restrictive place. To that end, I strongly suspect that anyone who may have been banned in connection to comments about this game on the forums (I haven't been following that to know, I'm afraid) proooooobably was banned for something much more than just whether they liked or didn't like The Last of Us Part II.

Point being: Unless we're specifically talking about the board policies of ResetEra, which is a place that I don't join precisely because I feel like I wouldn't make it 24 hours there without being permabanned anyway owing to their ludicrous volume of rules, I'm just not seeing any real case here for 'TLOU2 haters are being persecuted off the internetz!', considering that they pretty much ARE the internetz. There is a real social censorship problem out there. I hear you on that. Your treatment/pedestal here ain't it though. There IS, however, a very, very real toxicity (and in particular, misogyny) problem going on around this game that comes pretty much exclusively from one direction.

Yeah when we start venting here about all the drama we see on social media we often target those that mostly take a softer approach so reactions from both sides here are understandable aaaaaand a tiny bit misdirected but everyone does it and we mostly acknowledge afterwards.(that's the important part!)

I stay far away from facebook as it became a platform for a lot of selfobsessed people,was one of the first creating an account when facebook started like 14 or 13 years ago but i deleted it few years in.Twitter is amongst the same kind of shit but even easier to be antisocial,in good and bad ways.

Have you tried to take a step back from all the social media bs when you feel like it is getting too much?

Runa216 said:

Maybe you could start being considerate instead of only talking considerate when it surrounds your own view.

The game makes me feel depressed,would you like some depression?There is art in this game and it is bundled with more extreme things that might be considered art but not everyone has to like it,does not make them bad nor stupid.

Which parts made you feel bad? Nothing in this game made me feel worse than the events in the first game? On my second playthrough I kind of understood ellie's actions in each scene. 

KratosLives said:
Immersiveunreality said:

The game makes me feel depressed,would you like some depression?There is art in this game and it is bundled with more extreme things that might be considered art but not everyone has to like it,does not make them bad nor stupid.

Which parts made you feel bad? Nothing in this game made me feel worse than the events in the first game? On my second playthrough I kind of understood ellie's actions in each scene. 

Mostly the kind of gore it has and differently than books or movies a game lets you do it,only zombies is different but when it's mostly ''normal people'' that becomes unsettling for me in a semirealistic game like this.Secondly the writing and that i almost came to dislike all characters except Abby herself at the end.

Immersiveunreality said:
KratosLives said:

Mostly the kind of gore it has and differently than books or movies a game lets you do it,only zombies is different but when it's mostly ''normal people'' that becomes unsettling for me in a semirealistic game like this.Secondly the writing and that i almost came to dislike all characters except Abby herself at the end.

I got to appreciate abby in the game. I actually feel like she was just as well done as the others. Also the leaks and lowlife comments and disgusting behaviour towards neil and the team and the character abby, made me go into the game adamant to give abby a chance and my full attention.