By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Nintendo Switch has now more games than the Xbox One

Does Xbox still have that policy that games can't release late on it unless they have exclusive content? I imagine now that devs don't need to rely on Xbox with the reach of PS4/PC/Switch that might be costing them quite a few games.

Also, shouldn't this topic be in "gaming" rather than "general discussion"?

Around the Network

Yeah but 95% off those games are absolute spam, mobile games on Switch

Nogamez said:

Really? We are back to this argument again? The Switch is really a continuation of the Wii days. There's an endless cycle of arguments against Nintendo consoles and they are always the same. The OP never implied the Switch had over 2,000 high-quality titles. It's just about the number. And it's not like all these thousands of PS4 games are blockbusters.

OT: It just shows how successful the Switch is. While big western AAA devs don't develop many games for the system, it's a thriving platform. So this is good news! Reminds me of back in the N64 and Gamecube days when Nintendo said they wanted quality over quantity and people criticised them because there were not enough games on Nintendo systems. Today, the same people would say there are too many games on Nintendo systems!

It may have that many games but some of the crap 3rd parties have pulled has put a bad taste in collectors mouths. Dowloads codes in a box, half games, etc..

I just hope Nintendo addresses this issue next gen. They need to release Nintendo is for collectors and not just people who want to smash out a game in the free return period. There is a reason why Nintendo console games retain value, it is a niche market that they have. Slowly dying one lol.

Nogamez said:

And more than half of them are on PS4 as well. Sony advertises some of them on YouTube. I have some breaking news for you. The most popular consoles in history bring in the most shovelware. Sony consoles are no exception.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Does Xbox still have that policy that games can't release late on it unless they have exclusive content? I imagine now that devs don't need to rely on Xbox with the reach of PS4/PC/Switch that might be costing them quite a few games.

Also, shouldn't this topic be in "gaming" rather than "general discussion"?

I completely forgot about that policy 

Yeah it holds less weight when switch has 60 million sold, 110m+ PS4's and 100m+ monthly active steam users. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Switch may actually have some true exclusives that a lot of people want to play. But it seems to be full of far more crap than Xbox One or PS4. I wish Nintendo was more particular with what can get on the eShop. At this rate, they'll be 5,000-6,000 games on Switch during its lifetime unless Nintendo changes something.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

And the number of games will grow exponentially unless Nintendo closes the floodgates a bit and sets some quality barriers. Currently they seem to accept almost anything, not much better than Steam.

They have still over 900,000 iOS apps to port.

As a Steam user I really wouldn't mind the hundreds the low barriers to selfpublish a game in the Switch eShop... IF Nintendo would give us more/better tools to filnd the good games and filter out the shovelware.

Filtering by genre and price region is good enough for a selection of a few hundred games, but not good enough for a selection in the thousands.

A user rating system (even if it is just as basic as the PS Store rating system) would be a great addition, feature-tags would be awesome. Then you can also filterisort by ratings or filter by features (f.e. gyro-aiming, tabletop mode, multiplayer, online mode...), search by developers, search for subgenres...

Blood_Tears said:
Hmmm If Sony only has 2700 games then why are they testing over 4000 PS4 games for BC on PS5?

Good question (o_~)

kirby007 said:
Blood_Tears said:
Hmmm If Sony only has 2700 games then why are they testing over 4000 PS4 games for BC on PS5?

guess they lied, how surprising

Or maybe the rumors of PS4,PS3,PS2,PS1 all in BC are real? and some of these 4000+ games they are testing in BC arn't PS4 games?

JRPGfan said:
Blood_Tears said:

Good question (o_~)

kirby007 said:

guess they lied, how surprising

Or maybe the rumors of PS4,PS3,PS2,PS1 all in BC are real? and some of these 4000+ games they are testing in BC arn't PS4 games?

that would mean the "4000 ps4" games would still be a lie

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.