By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite 7th Gen System?

What is your favorite 7th gen system?

Wii 16 25.81%

Xbox 360 17 27.42%

PS3 29 46.77%

Total:62

I wanna know

Around the Network

The 360. Such an amazing library of games and a great controller.

Even as primarily a Nintendo Fan myself, I have to say the 360 was the best console not only that gen, but of all time. Amazing library of games and the best Xbox exclusives, best running and looking multiplats, amazingly powerful hardware that holds up well even to this day, amazing controller, and was so revolutionary in online gaming and really made it a standard.

The Wii.

360 and PS3 offered plenty of quality titles in their own right, and the 360 in particular remains one of my top 5 systems of all time, but for me the Wii simply offered the lion's share of the most memorable, mind-blowing, or just flat-out awesome experiences of the generation.

Playing Mario Galaxy was pure magic with its sheer elegance of design, sense of wonder, and perfection of execution.

Playing Wii Sports Resort for the first time felt like something from the future, or Star Trek, brought into the real world. Controlling a virtual character with my own movements was the biggest leap forward for gaming since the jump to the third dimension.

Then there was Xenoblade Chronicles with its epic, unforgettable adventure, Metroid Prime 3 setting a new standard for first person controls with its IR aiming, Zelda Twilight Princess bringing the series back to greatness, Skyward Sword weaving the awesomeness of Wii Sport Resort's controls into a traditional gaming template, Galaxy 2 offering a second helping of the first game's magnificence, Monster Hunter Tri's thrilling hunts bringing me back for over a thousand hours, more time than I've spent in any other game in my life...

As a system, it pushed new boundaries for gaming as a medium while remaining true to Nintendo's roots, offering a marvelous blend of old school charm and new school innovation.

To this day, the Wii remains my #2 top console of all time, behind only the SNES, and it will take a hell of a lot for any other system to ever surpass it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 June 2020

"I wanna know"

K there NSA

But yea, it would be the wii followed closely by the ps3

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

My favorite games of the gen were either multiplat or Ps3 exclusives, so by default I have to vote Ps3.

I enjoyed all 3 at the time.

Wii had some genuine hidden gems in a mountain of trash. Of course, it had a solid 1st party as well. However, these days going back to that hardware is tough.

PS3 was a great console once we got past the horrendous marketing of the first few years and Sony's arrogance. I have quite a few games on it and love that system. Still, I dislike the controller and installs can be slow and tedious. Not a huge fan of the XMB.

360 tho. Despite hardware problems. Felt like the most concise console. Some drawbacks were no HDMI. No wifi unless you bought an adapter and no HDDVD drive which they should have done built-in. That said it had a great look. An amazing controller. I liked how the boxes look for games. A great UI, a rarity for MS. Explosion of great games even in those early years. It even got the last Far East of Eden RPG. It got exclusive JRPGs and Shmups. SEGA games. Some great action games and its library got better as the years went on. To me, 360 felt like the next-gen successor to the Dreamcast in so many ways.

I still have both PS3 and 360 hooked up but when I buy new games from this era for the collection I try to get them for 360.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Lots of great Nintendo classics, Zack & Wiki, an actually good Sonic game, Trauma Center and New Blood, Nights, the first No More Heroes, among others.

Still really like the Wiimote and Nunchuck, the main flaw with the system is that it spawned Dawn of the New World.

Followed by the 360. Tales of Vesperia, introduced me to Dead Rising (RIP since 2), enjoyed my time with Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Guardian Heroes, and more.

PS3 last. As much as I love the Atelier Dusk and Arland trilogies, the solid Tales of from it and others, I hate the system itself, its interface, and the controller.

Predictably, the 360.

Wii for me.
PS3 was great as well but Wii just holds a special place in my heart when it comes to gaming

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"