By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 25 Minutes Of Unedited Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay - Anyone Else Worried?

Cyberpunk world, made by the guys behind the Witcher games. Not worried at all :P

Imo the levels shown so far looks fantastic. The gameplay and animations does look a little janky but still looks like fun to play. Kinda reminds me of Deus Ex and Borderlands (and that's a good thing).

Saying that, I'm hoping the world is more populated with NPC as it looks quite barren for a large city.

Last edited by hinch - on 30 June 2020

Around the Network

To be fair though, the witchers combat was never a strong point. It was mainly exploration story driven based. I remember the few times i got so excited when the in game cinematic battles took place, i was like finally. But that didn't happen much. Combat was abit clunky and didn't feel epic. Maybe it was the physics or camera system. So i expect this game to be more about story/exploration over shooting/mechanics substance.

It's going to be a disaster on current gen systems, that much is sure.

d21lewis said:
It was never on my radar. I never knew anything about the series (is it a series?) and I've been looking for a reason to get into it ever since. It just hasn't caught my eye. Hope everyone else enjoys it, though.

It's not a series, it's a new direction for CDPR. Cyberpunk is based on a tabletop RPG from the 80's while the Witcher series was based on actual stories and already fleshed out characters. It remains to be seen how well CDPR could come up with their own compelling stories to fill the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_(role-playing_game)

Cyberpunk 2020 RPG from 1990

It's the first time they do vehicle and gun mechanics as well.

The world looks compelling, dunno about the game play or whether the stories will hold a candle to Andrzej Sapkowski's story telling and characters.

Machina said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Don't forget that it also says "Work in Progress - Does not represent the final Game" at the top of the screen. Things can and will change until release, otherwise there wouldn't have been ant reasons to delay the game several times.

Yeah, but by how much? Am always incredibly sceptical about such disclaimers. It's a good way to make your game bullet proof to criticism right up until launch - 'not final version, things will change!' becomes the silver bullet to address any and all criticism of footage that is shown - but in reality how much can it actually change between now and launch? If this isn't pretty much what we can expect to see in the final release then they wouldn't be putting it out there for press to play and for the footage to be disseminated to the public.

-----------

I'm still excited for the game but this new footage has certainly but a dampener on my expectations. Mind you, the monumental hype for the game after its initial reveal was probably never going to be delivered upon. It's looking like a futuristic GTA, with Borderlands-esque shooting, which is a bit disappointing.

What I like:

• The setting.
  • The colour scheme and art style.
  • Most of the visuals.
  • The soundtrack.
  • The little details everywhere.
  • I also have hopes for the story, but...

I'm not liking:

• The dialogue shown so far.
  • Most of the characters shown so far.
  • Lack of population - from the bars to the streets, it's very empty of NPCs.
  • The cop car chase, with a single bullet triggering the most generic fire imaginable on every single chasing vehicle.
  • That melee fight - yikes, just yikes.

Is this running on XSX? If so then the PC version helps the bolded points. 
The frame rate I think makes the melee fight look worse but it still looks pretty bad. And a lot of the things I'm seeing does look mediocre, I'm not buying this day 1 now, I'm gonna wait and see how people view the game.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

It's going to be a fuck fest on current gen hardware for sure.And remember this is running on a high end PC as per the people who got to play the 4hr demo.They are to show console gameplay.

Given how clunky The Witcher 3 combat was and while the world was huge I was bored to death by it.Hopefully this world actually has life in it.

I love what I saw, November can't come soon enough (and for more than one reason)

zero129 said:
KratosLives said:
This game should have been built from ground up for next gen. Limitef gpu/ cpu/ram/hard drive. Thats why u see less npcs and copy paste of street/neon signs.

Come again?. The have been 3rd party open world games that have had less npc's etc on console versions but have had options to have more on pc, so this is totally down to the developer if on release the isn't many npc's on the streets on pc and next-gen versions as other games have done it (But then mod on the pc version will most likely fix it if that's the case anyways). As for the street signs, if you think all next gen open world games are going to have different signs and posters etc on every street your mistaking that's nothing got to do with the hardware and more to do if the developer wants to put in them details. PS1 games etc could of had different signs everywhere if the developer wished to put in that much detail.

Not really.  For example why do alot of npcs in game look the same? because of the ram and storage. There was a talk recently that talked about re using assets and how the ssd will make it alot easier to load up certain assets in areas without having duplicate assets making things easier. 

Game looks pretty dope with those RT effects:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"