By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 25 Minutes Of Unedited Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay - Anyone Else Worried?

25 minutes of unedited gameplay:

https://youtu.be/YtoIjNDQ2kU

To me it does not look good.  The story parts I’ve seen (and voice acting in particular) have been horrible to say the least.  Driving segments feel like GTA - Vice City.  Gunplay and combat seem really generic.  Some positives I’ve seen are that the world seems dense with lots to see and do, and character customization seems like it will be fun and detailed (but how often will you see yourself in first person?)  It just doesn’t feel as futuristic as I thought it was going to be, but caught up in the past in a lot of ways if you know what I mean.  Even the detective mode felt unoriginal and uninspired.

Anyone else not feeling the hype?

Around the Network

It's from the people who think that ranged combat shouldn't be part of their open world Fantasy RPG. So it's not like I had high hopes for this one anyway. But from what I've seen Cyperpunk is pretty much on par with Witcher from a gameplay perspective.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nope. Just anxious to play it.

Don't forget that it also says "Work in Progress - Does not represent the final Game" at the top of the screen. Things can and will change until release, otherwise there wouldn't have been ant reasons to delay the game several times.

I had the same impressions from the Eurogamer preview. It seems more a world to get lost in, explore, live in, rather than great game play to hold up the game. Hence I'm not touching the current gen version and will wait for an optimized version for next gen consoles. And perhaps, just like TW3, I'll get bored before the end of the story after exploring every part of the map.

Around the Network

Looks pretty amazing to me tbh. And the game does say "work in progress".

I don't know how the gameplay is generic, considering we've seen AAA games before than have done far worse. I have faith in CDPR for this, it's been in the works for about as long as Star Citizen has.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I think it looks fantastic. There hasn't been anything decent in this style and general genre since Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and that was very linear. Judging the story of a massive, sprawling open-world RPG based on tidbits from what is essentially the tutorial seems difficult, so I'll hold off a while longer for my part. The sheer amount of options in approach and gameplay seems awesome to me, and all approached seem viable as well. Shooting is reportedly weighty and chunky, just the way I like it and not the roller-derby airsoft spectacle most people play online today.

I don't get hyped for AAA games at all. I don't like hype machines. This looks to be another case of a game being way overhyped. Only to do a lot of the same things we have seen over and over and over in AAA games. CDPR is also pretty terrible at combat. I love cyberpunk settings. Only way I will even give this a look is when it's 2-3 years later they release the GOTY edition with the DLC content on the disc and I can get it for under $20. No AAA budget game is worth getting full price and new.

Last edited by Leynos - on 29 June 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Don't forget that it also says "Work in Progress - Does not represent the final Game" at the top of the screen. Things can and will change until release, otherwise there wouldn't have been ant reasons to delay the game several times.

I don't know about that. We're reaching a time where anything they show about the game at this point is surely going to be present in the final release. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Many claim that the gameplay is not giving a good impression, shooting and driving seems clumsy and unpolished. I will wait to make my own judgment, imho this game will be postponed until the beginning of 2021.