By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WOW DrDisrespect Banned permanently from Twitch

sundin13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No idea who the guy is and couldn't really care less, but also think twitch look like the bad guys here. Like, whatever the guy did/didn't do let people decide themselves if they still want to support him or not. Wouldn't be half as bad if there were alternatives for him to go to, but there kind of aren't. Aren't twitch owned by the same company as youtube or something? I dunno, but it seems like all of these big internet companies are inter-linked which should surely be in violation of anti-monopoly laws... but apparently not?

Twitch is owned by Amazon

Youtube is owned by Google

Facebook Gaming is owned by Facebook

Mixer was owned by Microsoft, but has recently decided to shut down and has partnered with Facebook to migrate existing users.

who owns discord?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
sundin13 said:

Mixer was owned by Microsoft, but has recently decided to shut down and has partnered with Facebook to migrate existing users.

who owns discord?

Discord doesn't appear to be owned by any larger corporation, however, it has received funding from Warner (they sold their share during AT&T acquisition), Tencent and various capital investment firms. The owner of Discord is the developer Hammer & Chisel.

According to two streamers it's not anything to do with his stream or any DMCA, the seems to be some legal thing involved because neither is allowed to give any details on the reasoning. The speculation that it's because he cheated would be odd as well because many notable people cheat as unfortunate as that is marriage is not really the concern of any platform holder which suggests the may be a darker element to this especially as it's happening across multiple platforms.

The only indication something is up is on his last stream where his received a message on his phone which he read and his demeanor changed along with him stopping the stream shortly after.

sundin13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No idea who the guy is and couldn't really care less, but also think twitch look like the bad guys here. Like, whatever the guy did/didn't do let people decide themselves if they still want to support him or not. Wouldn't be half as bad if there were alternatives for him to go to, but there kind of aren't. Aren't twitch owned by the same company as youtube or something? I dunno, but it seems like all of these big internet companies are inter-linked which should surely be in violation of anti-monopoly laws... but apparently not?

So it is an oligopoly and not a monopoly.  Still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Not that I care about streaming business but every market in US is either a monopoly, duopoly, or oligopoly. 

There hasn't been any major breaking up since AT&T which then southwestern bell proceeded to buy up all the other Bells and allowed to be named AT&T again.  They then bought Cingular wireless and cricket for foothold in the cell industry and then was allowed to buy direct TV. 

No worries I'll just keep to myself the rest of my life and die happy in a Taco Bell hospital.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 27 June 2020

Wyrdness said:
According to two streamers it's not anything to do with his stream or any DMCA, the seems to be some legal thing involved because neither is allowed to give any details on the reasoning. The speculation that it's because he cheated would be odd as well because many notable people cheat as unfortunate as that is marriage is not really the concern of any platform holder which suggests the may be a darker element to this especially as it's happening across multiple platforms.

The only indication something is up is on his last stream where his received a message on his phone which he read and his demeanor changed along with him stopping the stream shortly after.

Yeah i just watched it and it seems to be something severe.

Around the Network

I thought it could be viewbotting but if it was that then we should have known that already i think,when it is not adressed directly it can be something a lot worse.

If he was banned just because he cheated on his wife, that's beyond stupid.

Just because he is an idiot, dosen't mean you should ruin his carrer.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Doc during last few minutes of the stream:
"We'll...we'll get through this champions. life's weird right now....we'll get through this okay. and uh.....fuck"

"inside source" says this was handled outside the 'trust and safety' department. It was made outside of standard protocol and it is not DMCA

Good riddance.