Forums - General Discussion - WOW DrDisrespect Banned permanently from Twitch

sundin13 said:

I'd wait until we actually have an official explanation. That seems incredibly sus (unless you have more than just a random image to back it up).

He was also banned from discord and lost his official discord badge

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
All of that feels like thousands of levels of BS.

A random person that can't offer proof tells a story of blackmail etc? Nah pass.
I'll wait for the actual reason.

I'm sure it will be big reason seeing as how they are actually refunding etc. But that story? Nah.

Inside sources are saying he's banned from every platform

Is this a bad joke?

That screenshot in the OP is unconfirmed.

There has been no official statement from anyone so far and everyone is just speculating.
Accunt got permabanned, Subscriptions canceled and Emotes removed.

So he must have screwed up royally.

Also, good thing he is gone.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Getting rid of a huge streamer like Dr Disrespect, and thus losing all that revenue, would require quite a bit more than him cheating on his wife with another streamer. I think it's safe to say that there's more to the story than this.

Around the Network
Marth said:

There has been no official statement from anyone so far and everyone is just speculating.

Why? I don't use Twitch much anymore and only vaguely recognise him. What was he about?

Shaunodon said:
Marth said:

Why? I don't use Twitch much anymore and only vaguely recognise him. What was he about?

He was an grade A asshole.

Cheated on his wife, broke privacy laws in the California Penal Code, promoted COVID-19/5G conspiracy theories.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Eh... whatever the reason, these people are 10-a-penny. There'll be someone else to take his place.

Maybe one day, society will reward people who actually deserve it. Think of it as he won the lottery every week for a few years, and now he's not winning any more.

Wait, why wouldn't they ban the female streamer instead? Is she really bringing in more money than him?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Wait, why wouldn't they ban the female streamer instead? Is she really bringing in more money than him?

no, but female twitch streamers have a protected status

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.