By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WOW DrDisrespect Banned permanently from Twitch

Is this a bad joke?

Around the Network

Getting rid of a huge streamer like Dr Disrespect, and thus losing all that revenue, would require quite a bit more than him cheating on his wife with another streamer. I think it's safe to say that there's more to the story than this.

Marth said:
That screenshot in the OP is unconfirmed.

There has been no official statement from anyone so far and everyone is just speculating.
Accunt got permabanned, Subscriptions canceled and Emotes removed.

So he must have screwed up royally.

Also, good thing he is gone.

Why? I don't use Twitch much anymore and only vaguely recognise him. What was he about?

Eh... whatever the reason, these people are 10-a-penny. There'll be someone else to take his place.

Maybe one day, society will reward people who actually deserve it. Think of it as he won the lottery every week for a few years, and now he's not winning any more.

Wait, why wouldn't they ban the female streamer instead? Is she really bringing in more money than him?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Wait, why wouldn't they ban the female streamer instead? Is she really bringing in more money than him?

no, but female twitch streamers have a protected status

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think he has done something very bad and that he is not banned for anything we see in the OP,what that is we will see in the coming day i guess.
Not that we are entitled to know any private things.

Immersiveunreality said:
I think he has done something very bad and that he is not banned for anything we see in the OP,what that is we will see in the coming day i guess.
Not that we are entitled to know any private things.

Well if that is the case, then Twitch is guilty of helping him hide it and paying off people to keep it a secret.

theprof00 said:
sundin13 said:

I'd wait until we actually have an official explanation. That seems incredibly sus (unless you have more than just a random image to back it up).

He was also banned from discord and lost his official discord badge

Which just makes your explanation make less sense. Why would he be banned across multiple platforms for something that seems to be limited to the Twitch back end? Nobody is denying that he was banned, it is just that the completely unsupported reasoning you posted seems like nonsense. 

Like I said before, wait until we actually get an explanation from someone who isn't an anon.

Ka-pi96 said:

No idea who the guy is and couldn't really care less, but also think twitch look like the bad guys here. Like, whatever the guy did/didn't do let people decide themselves if they still want to support him or not. Wouldn't be half as bad if there were alternatives for him to go to, but there kind of aren't. Aren't twitch owned by the same company as youtube or something? I dunno, but it seems like all of these big internet companies are inter-linked which should surely be in violation of anti-monopoly laws... but apparently not?

Twitch is owned by Amazon

Youtube is owned by Google

Facebook Gaming is owned by Facebook

Mixer was owned by Microsoft, but has recently decided to shut down and has partnered with Facebook to migrate existing users.