By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WOW DrDisrespect Banned permanently from Twitch

Hiku said:
Barkley said:

Now the rumour is that him and ninja are going to be exclusive to a new game streaming service run by spotify. That he was banned because he was trying to get other twitch streamers onboard. Make more sense than the wife cheating thing, but still might be BS.

That it does.

I also saw this, but I think it's a joke that I'm not getting.

It does appear to be a joke. Doc was going pretty heavy on conspiracy theories for a while. He bought these rocks which supposedly block 5G to protect him from Covid, or something stupid like that, and it became a bit of a meme. This person appears to just be memeing.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Barkley said:

Now the rumour is that him and ninja are going to be exclusive to a new game streaming service run by spotify. That he was banned because he was trying to get other twitch streamers onboard. Make more sense than the wife cheating thing, but still might be BS.

That it does.

I also saw this, but I think it's a joke that I'm not getting.

Yeah i do not think someone gets 30 years in prison for smuggling rocks that none wants.:p

I feel we need to talk about the standards twitch has, because to me it feels like a dictatorship, not being transparent, doing whatever they please without keeping the rules/laws properly applied

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
I feel we need to talk about the standards twitch has, because to me it feels like a dictatorship, not being transparent, doing whatever they please without keeping the rules/laws properly applied

While Twitch has its issues with transparency, any conversation regarding this incident in particular would just be baseless speculation. It isn't difficult to think of a scenario where Twitch was very much in the right here. Lets wait to see the explanation before jumping to conclusions. 

The explanation in the Op makes no sense.

Discord rumour makes some sense but why was he taken off other platforms too?

I also would like more transparency from Twitch. Doc is a douche... But he shouldn't lose his income because he has cheated on his wife.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
The explanation in the Op makes no sense.

Discord rumour makes some sense but why was he taken off other platforms too?

I also would like more transparency from Twitch. Doc is a douche... But he shouldn't lose his income because he has cheated on his wife.

It wouldn't be cheating that is referred to in op, but potentially sexual assault or sexual harassment, both of which she could say and wouldn't be much he could say against it.

Additionally, she's the only one we actually know about. 

But the discord thing still poses a missing puzzle piece. Unless he used his discord to talk to these people or for se other reason

Xxain said:
Banned on everything?

1. Pedo shit
2. Said or did something unprogressive.
3. Fake views

Has to be along these longs.

I think another possibility is bullying/harassment or potentially something worse like someone committed suicide or a crime based off something he said to them in discord.

I'm getting the feeling like the discord thing might actually be a seizure of records. Like, he didn't lose owner or partner for tos, but because having them allows him to edit or remove certain things in private messages

theprof00 said:
I'm getting the feeling like the discord thing might actually be a seizure of records. Like, he didn't lose owner or partner for tos, but because having them allows him to edit or remove certain things in private messages

Theres rumors that its a lawsuit.
Eg. DrDisrepect was leaveing Twitch for Trovo (tencent clone of Twitch), and was apparently encurageing other twitch streams to leave twitch.
Twitch found out, and their legal team terminated his contract, closed his account, and filed a civil suit.

Because of NDAs there no news of anything though.

Don't know his work ( although I did see him on YouTube last summer, checked him out, and quickly moved on) but he looks like the kind of guy who would fuck up everything in his professional life by being a dumbass, and breaching the duh-duh no-no terms of his lucrative, freshly signed contract. Plus, it makes the most amount of sense given all the information presented in this thread.

Mark my guess down as"banned for being a dumbass".

If he was just cheating on his wife, or diddling kids, I suppose I'll have to eat some crow.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."