By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What are the main reasons Why Xbox One Sold Far Less than PS4?

The "All in one Device" "home entertainment system and Kinect included in all boxes" Idea/strategy didn't work, mostly if you have to pay 100 extra bucks for a much less powerful machine, also the Always Online and DRM didn't work well. Bad presentation from the beginning, wrong strategy gave a negative image to the XBox One, and MS was never able to recover from. Sony on the other hand, released a "perfect machine", cheaper, more powerful, easier to develop for, cool and simple.

It appears MS learned from their mistakes, and XSX seems more competitive in view of the next generation.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

this post is a prime example of the oversensitivity these days, if one doesn't agree he overblows it the other way... saying it wasn't vastly superior doesn't equal or means it was equal in any way shape or form

Then add precision to avoid confusion. How much superior?

Why would i speak for the guy he originally quoted? " just live with the fact that saying "it isn't vastly superior" doesn't equal "equal" or whatever you guys had in your mind that got you riled up to pile up on him

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Then add precision to avoid confusion. How much superior?

Why would i speak for the guy he originally quoted? " just live with the fact that saying "it isn't vastly superior" doesn't equal "equal" or whatever you guys had in your mind that got you riled up to pile up on him

So you want to defend him without knowing what he ment? And for you how superior is it? Because i have seem you provoking a lot of people and challenging them for more precision, names, data, source, etc, but at the same time you just try to avoid doing it yourself. Basically only looking to steer problem.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

So you want to defend him without knowing what he ment? And for you how superior is it? Because i have seem you provoking a lot of people and challenging them for more precision, names, data, source, etc, but at the same time you just try to avoid doing it yourself. Basically only looking to steer problem.

even if he means it the way you guys percieve it doesn't mean there are other ways to view it... thats all i wanted to add here.

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

even if he means it the way you guys percieve it doesn't mean there are other ways to view it... thats all i wanted to add here.

Ok. Problem is for a good communication when someone interpose the "it is vastly superior" with "it isn't", if someone would recognize as superior but not by the same margin he would likely include more information, when kept shortly like that the most likely probability is that he doesn't think the library is superior at all. And we know that there are several people that think that, some for personal taste (totally valid) and some really believes that as market reality (which would be wrong looking from reception, sales, customer rating, etc).

But if you just wanted to say that someone may say something and not mean it even if you don't know what he meant ok then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Ok. Problem is for a good communication when someone interpose the "it is vastly superior" with "it isn't", if someone would recognize as superior but not by the same margin he would likely include more information, when kept shortly like that the most likely probability is that he doesn't think the library is superior at all. And we know that there are several people that think that, some for personal taste (totally valid) and some really believes that as market reality (which would be wrong looking from reception, sales, customer rating, etc).

But if you just wanted to say that someone may say something and not mean it even if you don't know what he meant ok then.

kirby007 said:
Runa216 said:

Wait, is this an onion article? I ask because that's like, one of the most universally agreed upon realities. the Ps4's lineup is vastly superior to the XBox One's in literally every way. Reception, sales, variety, etc. you can argue backwards compatibility and power and multimedia aspects all you want, but if you're honestly arguing that the console lineups were similar, you deserve all the laughs you're going to get. 

this post is a prime example of the oversensitivity these days, if one doesn't agree he overblows it the other way... saying it wasn't vastly superior doesn't equal or means it was equal in any way shape or form

What are you even talking about here? The PS4's lineup was vastly superior. It had more variety, better quality, and much higher sales. It decimated the Xbox One's exclusive lineup in every conceivable way. that's not bias, that's reality. IT's not bias to state facts and go where the data goes. Again, like others have said, you're welcome to prefer the Xbox's lineup or personally think they're similar, but by all available objective metrics the PS4 absolutely dominated this generation, especially in terms of exclusives. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

DDonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

Wait, is this an onion article? I ask because that's like, one of the most universally agreed upon realities. the Ps4's lineup is vastly superior to the XBox One's in literally every way. Reception, sales, variety, etc. you can argue backwards compatibility and power and multimedia aspects all you want, but if you're honestly arguing that the console lineups were similar, you deserve all the laughs you're going to get. 

At most one can say he prefer the Xbox exclusives or that doesn't like PS exclusives. I truly believe sales2099 is a case like this and another one that prefers Xbox, LudicrousSpeed, does because of UI, Live and controllers while not liking most exclusives on both systems.

But yes trying to say on objectively, market wise, that Xbox have a superior library is pretty wrong imho.

Did you actually read read what I wrote.  Nowhere did I say the X1 has a superior library.  All I said that the PS4 doesn't have a vastly superior libary over the X1.  Also its not like I didn't give Sony any credit since clearly mentioned that both the PS1and PS2 actually had vastly superior software lineups.

Runa216 said:
kirby007 said:

What are you even talking about here? The PS4's lineup was vastly superior. It had more variety, better quality, and much higher sales. It decimated the Xbox One's exclusive lineup in every conceivable way. that's not bias, that's reality. IT's not bias to state facts and go where the data goes. Again, like others have said, you're welcome to prefer the Xbox's lineup or personally think they're similar, but by all available objective metrics the PS4 absolutely dominated this generation, especially in terms of exclusives. 

now this migh come across as a provoke as donwii mentioned but you are using faulty logic because :
-Having Goty awards doesn't make a game good
-singleplayer adventures with a different setting isn't real diversity
-having high sales doesn't make a game good

hours spend on excusives is a good one altho kinda unfair because the xbox exclusives are way superior on that front

Chris Hu said:
DDonFerrari said:

At most one can say he prefer the Xbox exclusives or that doesn't like PS exclusives. I truly believe sales2099 is a case like this and another one that prefers Xbox, LudicrousSpeed, does because of UI, Live and controllers while not liking most exclusives on both systems.

But yes trying to say on objectively, market wise, that Xbox have a superior library is pretty wrong imho.

Did you actually read read what I wrote.  Nowhere did I say the X1 has a superior library.  All I said that the PS4 doesn't have a vastly superior libary over the X1.  Also its not like I didn't give Sony any credit since clearly mentioned that both the PS1and PS2 actually had vastly superior software lineups.

that's exactly what I read and exactly what I responded to. you said the Ps4 didn't have a vastly superior library and it did. by all objective and most subjective metrics, they were in completely different ballparks. It wasn't even a small difference, it was a massive, ocean-width difference. 

I read what you wrote and I replied accordingly. the PS4 DOES have a VASTLY superior exclusive library to the Xbox One. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android