Forums - Sony Discussion - (SPOILER ALERT) Free discussion of TLOU2 with story included

Tagged games:

How do you rate TLOU2 story

1 8 17.02%
 
2 1 2.13%
 
3 4 8.51%
 
4 3 6.38%
 
5 4 8.51%
 
6 5 10.64%
 
7 3 6.38%
 
8 4 8.51%
 
9 6 12.77%
 
10 9 19.15%
 
Total:47
Jaicee said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I think it would be better to make your own thread,in here your discussion might be overshadowed rapidly.

And your take as a rare female gamer on this forum that is also part of the LGBT community and has a history of making interesting post does make it more worthy of having a seperate place.

DonFerrari said:

For me it is fine for you to post here, but if you want to make your thread PM Hiku and explain why and he will probably greenlit, the game is already out for 2 weeks so I believe that if you say it'll have spoilers inside it won't be a problem.

Sounds good. I think I'd rather do a separate thread anyway. I've finished the game now, but honestly I may have to even play through it again to fully gather my thoughts. If I posted something right now, it'd be a total disjointed mess because I right now am a total disjointed mess.

I finished it 1.5 times for the plat, great game, waiting for your view.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Finished it this week-end. Felt drained. Will collect my thoughts and post them here later.

I did like the game, its story, and the way it was told.

Still wish we had another game with Ellie and Joel though, because I enjoyed their dynamic quite a bit in the first game. But I understand what they went for, and for me, it worked. The game's writing was very good. And I think people say it's bad because the story wasn't what they expected or wanted for those characters. That or they couldn't understand the characters' motivations and emotional states... And as far as the SJW stuff is concerned, I didn't find anything in this game worth going ballistic. At all.


Man, I'm emotionally exhausted.  And I was just playing a game...

I keep thinking about this game , its so rare these days i finish a game and its stays with me for days, the first game that did his to me was metal gear solid on PS1😭



Has anyone noticed that the sales of this game and those of Animal Crossing: New Horizons seem to be inversely related week-to-week, based on the evidence we have so far? That tells me those two games have strongly overlapping consumer bases. I find that amusing considering how aesthetically opposite the two games are. (Also, I might be part of that overlapping consumer base. They complete each other!)



Spoiler!
Spoiler text.Let's talk ending here, past end credits. What do you think of the demise of abby and Lev? we know she arrives to catalina island and docks there. However i recall during the beach chapter, when you enter some room, you see a map of the nearby island/places. Now i can't recall if the dome like building that the "firefly" guy mentioned over the call, was present on that map. If it was, then those rattlers" who ran that place, might then also be running that area in catalina island.  Maybe a dlc in the future shows us what abby/lev got up to, if they survived the island, if it was fireflies or if they were fooled by the "rattlers" .



Jaicee said:

Has anyone noticed that the sales of this game and those of Animal Crossing: New Horizons seem to be inversely related week-to-week, based on the evidence we have so far? That tells me those two games have strongly overlapping consumer bases. I find that amusing considering how aesthetically opposite the two games are. (Also, I might be part of that overlapping consumer base. They complete each other!)

I think there isn't much overlap.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Spoiler!
Spoiler text.Let's talk ending here, past end credits. What do you think of the demise of abby and Lev? we know she arrives to catalina island and docks there. However i recall during the beach chapter, when you enter some room, you see a map of the nearby island/places. Now i can't recall if the dome like building that the "firefly" guy mentioned over the call, was present on that map. If it was, then those rattlers" who ran that place, might then also be running that area in catalina island.  Maybe a dlc in the future shows us what abby/lev got up to, if they survived the island, if it was fireflies or if they were fooled by the "rattlers" .

I think you are reading way too much into into it. The title screen pretty much dictates what happened to them. Kurt Margenau (co director of the game) said this when they were talking to PressStart -

Spoiler!

“That’s actually a very common question [whether Abby fell for a ruse by the Rattlers],” Kurt began. “Did you beat the game and see the new screen? An eagle-eyed viewer would note that it is actually Catalina Island off the coast of Los Angeles, where the Firefly camp is meant to be.”

and then continues ...

“The fact that they ask Abby on the radio about who operated the Firefly base and she answers that it was her dad, for us that was the validation of that,” he explained. “It shows they’re more cautious of her and were testing her legitimacy as a Firefly. But, as I said, it’s a common question, and it’s unfortunate because it’s meant to be a hopeful beat.” 

Its like a callback from the first game. The imagery shown at the end shows sign of hope and new start. Possibly a new beginning for that should ND continue the story.

This game feels like it was a send off to both Joel and Ellie, both concluding their stories.

Last edited by hinch - 3 days ago


This game feels like it was a send off to both Joel and Ellie, both concluding their stories.

I hope so. Dont mind more TLOU but bring new characters to the game. Wouldn't mind a new country as well. Lets see what's happening outside the US. Would be cool to traverse the Eiffel tower or something like that.



That would be an interesting idea. Maybe start at another time with a new protagonist a decade in. Would be a good way to introduce completely new environments and even enemies; as the virus could have wildly different strains.

I wouldn't mind if the story was a bit more upbeat as well.

But yeah I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel. The game and series has done so well so far.



hinch said:

That would be an interesting idea. Maybe start at another time with a new protagonist a decade in. Would be a good way to introduce completely new environments and even enemies; as the virus could have wildly different strains.

I wouldn't mind if the story was a bit more upbeat as well.

But yeah I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel. The game and series has done so well so far.

Ellie did mention that she thought that perhaps the humidity of Seattle created a different strands of the virus. So yep different locations could have new infecteds.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Neil druckman Said If There is a part 3 Ellie should BE in it in the kindafunny spoilarcast.

I need a happy ending for Ellie🥺