By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues

Immersiveunreality said:
RenCutypoison said:

And I'm talking about the clear possibility indicated in your post that the person you like might beat the fuck out of you for being trans.

Safety first, moral values only matter if one's alive to apply them.

I think he will not beat the fuck out of you if you are honest as you should be as early as you should be,why is it acceptable going further into a ''date''with someone you do not know is accepting of you?

''safety first'' ? Then you should know better and do not start anything without being clear.

I'm not saying a straight man is right for being aggressive when you pull your pants down but not making it clear you got a penis beforehand is your fault.

"nothing" forgives or even justify the person beating the other because he was trans, but not disclosing that information to someone you have sexual intentions or relationship intentions before hand is both wrong and putting yourself at risk.

Like if it happened to me I would have all the right to be pissed and don't know could even happen that I beat that person (would be wrong to do so), we really can't be sure until it happens to us.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
RenCutypoison said:

Can you explain what you mean by sexuality? Sexual activity, orientation, genitals? 
The first is individual, the second is not linked in any way to transgenderism (Transmen and women have various orientation in similar repartitions has their cis counterpart).

What don't I get?

Sexuality have nothing to do with sexual activity. You may be cis, trans, gay, straight, whatever and be virgin for the rest of your life or have sex daily that doesn't change your sexuality.

it is about the orientation/preference/independent of how one calls. Your gender or how you see your self is linked to your sexuality. You may have any of the hundread of sexual orientations that get defined continuously, still trans, cis, etc is part of that. Organs are also party of it.

So bringing that you are trans (which in a way also brings genital to the discussion) is also bringing an aspect of your sexuality, liking it or not.

OKey guys, I can see that's really hard for you, but no, it DOESN'T BRING GENITALS TO THE DISCUSSION.

Transsexual is a cis term that has been replaced by transgender because cis get confused about sexuality.

You can like men and not be attracted by transmen. Most people who like men are unattracted by most men. Same with the other popular gender. You don't have to, and we don't want y'all to think you have to.

When cis talk about trans peeps y'all think of the 2-3 years, max 5, most people look incongruous during. But the most important part is the life after, which is the whole point of transitionning medically for people who don't originally look cis.

There are a lot of trans people who pass after a couple years and are not referred to as trans', because the whole point is people not being able to tell the difference. There are a lot of jokes about how you just need to be beautiful and rich nand everything is easy lol.

Now, for the rest. Trans people sexual orientation.

Transwomen who love women are WlW. Women loving Women are WlW. Women loving TransWomen are WlW.

Men loving Men are gay. Transmen loving Men are gay. Men loving Transmen are gay. 

Edit : OHGAWD I litterally forgot about straight peeps did my brain queer-fired somhow wtf. Obvsly straight cis peeps === trans straight peeps

^See how similar this shit is ? so what does that have to do with transgenderism ? NOTHING

Now for the funny part everyone constantly forgets.

NonBinary loving women -> Gynosexual. (WlW and straight men are also gynosexual)

NB loving men -> Androsexual. (Gay peeps and straight women too!)

NB loving NBs -> Ceterosexual (weird one, barely used, always fun mentionning as NB).

For NBs, there is no gatekeeping shit. It's all about who YOU are attracted to. Not who's attracted by you.

You can only define yourself. You can't define others. So, no, transgenderism has nothing to do with sexuality. Because my gender identification is (me) and who I'm attracted to is (them).

Last edited by RenCutypoison - on 03 July 2020

DonFerrari said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I think he will not beat the fuck out of you if you are honest as you should be as early as you should be,why is it acceptable going further into a ''date''with someone you do not know is accepting of you?

''safety first'' ? Then you should know better and do not start anything without being clear.

I'm not saying a straight man is right for being aggressive when you pull your pants down but not making it clear you got a penis beforehand is your fault.

"nothing" forgives or even justify the person beating the other because he was trans, but not disclosing that information to someone you have sexual intentions or relationship intentions before hand is both wrong and putting yourself at risk.

Like if it happened to me I would have all the right to be pissed and don't know could even happen that I beat that person (would be wrong to do so), we really can't be sure until it happens to us.

Why exactly do you have a right to be pissed ?

Also, going by the idea that transwomen are women and transmen are men (Which was debated and agreed to by most serious scholars in the field) what's the lie exactly ?

If transwomen have to be honest, they have to tell you they are women. If this is a fling, that don't have to disclose their medical history.

Immersiveunreality said:
RenCutypoison said:

And I'm talking about the clear possibility indicated in your post that the person you like might beat the fuck out of you for being trans.

Safety first, moral values only matter if one's alive to apply them.

Worst trope ever. Noone discloses trans-identity by pulling down their pants.

Clear ? Why should I have to disclose I'm trans' (I do, because I'm an activist not because I have to as trans') when the problem is violent transphobic people. Why don't they have to disclose they are violent transphobic people ? I'd just walk away, I don't want anything to do with these creeps.

Shinobi-san said:
People should be allowed to identify with whatever gender they want to.

But surely common sense should prevail when we talk about the use of public spaces, sports etc. Which i believe is what JK Rowling referred to. If biological woman do not feel safe sharing a toilet with transgender woman then that should in my opinion be the end of the story. Based on the fact that there is a clear physical difference between the two. Quite literally if that was ever to become a law in my country, it would EASILY be abused - and would open up an exploitable avenue for legitimate criminals.

The problem with these laws dictating bathroom use is that it is basically impossible to formulate a law in which the cis women are never left to feel unsafe. I mean, first of all, I don't think the feelings of cis women should be the only deciding factor here, but lets put that aside for a bit. You seem to be advocating for access to spaces such as bathrooms to be dictated based upon the gender assigned at birth.

From what I can tell, the logic here is that if someone who looks like a man walks in, the cis women in the bathroom won't like it, and as such, trans women shouldn't be allowed in the bathroom. But what about trans men? Under this law, trans men would be required to use the women's bathroom despite the fact that they may look indistinguishable from a man, and would make cis women uncomfortable.

Similarly, the potential for abuse by cis men goes both ways. If individuals are allowed access to bathrooms based on gender identity, a cis man could claim to be a trans woman and enter the bathroom. On the other hand, if individuals are allowed access to bathrooms based on their gender assigned at birth, a cis man could claim to be a trans man and enter the bathroom. Either way the potential for abuse exists. This is one of the reasons why there hasn't been any noted increase in such crimes in areas where individuals are allowed to choose their bathroom based on gender identity.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
DonFerrari said:

Also, going by the idea that transwomen are women and transmen are men (Which was debated and agreed to by most serious scholars in the field) what's the lie exactly ?

If transwomen have to be honest, they have to tell you they are women. If this is a fling, that don't have to disclose their medical history.

Because everybody have a right to be told the truth about the one they are going out with.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
RenCutypoison said:

Because everybody have a right to be told the truth about the one they are going out with.

In a comitted relationship, yes.

People don't get beaten by their partner in a comitted relationship when the other party learns the person is trans'. (Obviously, not talking about domestic violence here.)

It usually happens after casual sex.

RenCutypoison said:
DonFerrari said:

In a comitted relationship, yes.

People don't get beaten by their partner in a comitted relationship when the other party learns the person is trans'. (Obviously, not talking about domestic violence here.)

It usually happens after casual sex.

Not really. If by chance I had a first date with someone that had been convicted of murder I would be pissed as well by not knowing.

I don't do casual sex. The woman I had sex or relationship in the past was propects for possible longer relationship, I don't date by chance. So for me would be very important to know a lot of stuff beforehand.

RenCutypoison said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Clear ? Why should I have to disclose I'm trans' (I do, because I'm an activist not because I have to as trans') when the problem is violent transphobic people. Why don't they have to disclose they are violent transphobic people ? I'd just walk away, I don't want anything to do with these creeps.

Thats good.

And now you stop the extreme that people like you are so vulnerable of being beaten up,that is a rarity.

Immersiveunreality said:
RenCutypoison said:

Thats good.

And now you stop the extreme that people like you are so vulnerable of being beaten up,that is a rarity.

Do you have any basis for that claim?

What I could find is a large survey of transgender individuals where 9% said they had been physically attacked in the last year due to being transgender. Considering that pretty much every transgender person will be transgender for multiple years a 9% chance per year can really add up. 

https://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/usts/USTS%20Full%20Report%20-%20FINAL%201.6.17.pdf