By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues

Torillian said:

The issue I see with Rol's thought process is not that one is defining who they would date based on some criteria, but that that dating criteria is how you define who is and isn't a woman.

"what stood out is the statement that transgender women are women.

Simply ask yourself if you would draw a line between dating women and transgender women; if you are honest about it, the chance is higher than 99% that you will draw a line. At least I hope I am correct in assuming that 'transgender woman' means that a penis is still attached to such a person."

So basically transgender women can't be women because 99% of cis straight men wouldn't wanna fuck them and that's just "common sense"

That actually is a good point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

People should be allowed to identify with whatever gender they want to.

But surely common sense should prevail when we talk about the use of public spaces, sports etc. Which i believe is what JK Rowling referred to. If biological woman do not feel safe sharing a toilet with transgender woman then that should in my opinion be the end of the story. Based on the fact that there is a clear physical difference between the two. Quite literally if that was ever to become a law in my country, it would EASILY be abused - and would open up an exploitable avenue for legitimate criminals.

Same goes with sports, males are now identifying as female then proceed to go and compete with females with zero hormonal balances or surgeries etc. Surelt thats rediculous and dangerous. Imagine if Francis Nganhou decided to be female tomorrow (and imagine it was a legitimate case). Then he decides to continue competing in the UFC with other females. As ridiculous as that sounds, based on some peoples opinions which lack common sense, we should allow this. Quite literally he will kill the first female he fights. And I dont mean knock out I mean literally they will die.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
People should be allowed to identify with whatever gender they want to.

But surely common sense should prevail when we talk about the use of public spaces, sports etc. Which i believe is what JK Rowling referred to. If biological woman do not feel safe sharing a toilet with transgender woman then that should in my opinion be the end of the story. Based on the fact that there is a clear physical difference between the two. Quite literally if that was ever to become a law in my country, it would EASILY be abused - and would open up an exploitable avenue for legitimate criminals.

Same goes with sports, males are now identifying as female then proceed to go and compete with females with zero hormonal balances or surgeries etc. Surelt thats rediculous and dangerous. Imagine if Francis Nganhou decided to be female tomorrow (and imagine it was a legitimate case). Then he decides to continue competing in the UFC with other females. As ridiculous as that sounds, based on some peoples opinions which lack common sense, we should allow this. Quite literally he will kill the first female he fights. And I dont mean knock out I mean literally they will die.

I can understand how cis women can feel unsafe with a transwoman in the toilets. HOWEVER, do you realise how unsafe transwomen are in a toilet with cismen ?

If you weren't outed before the best way is to use your birth gender toilet. 

The whole trans toilets shit is out of control, litterally what everyone wants from a toilet is for it to be vacant, and surrounded by walls, trans or cis. Public toilets with multiple people in the same room suck for everyone.

KLXVER said:
Immersiveunreality said:

If you are asexual then none has anything to do with your sexuality but that's you so speak for yourself and not other trans people,when being trans it is often not clear what's in your pants(for others) when you are looking for a potential partner and then it is important to be honest about it.

That is true. You should always be honest about it. Just like people should be honest about having an infectious disease or having a criminal past or whatever. Not only because of the person you are trying to get together with, but for your own sake. Many trans people have been beaten up or worse because a straight man feel like they were fooled. Its dangerous to not be honest before you get intimate with someone.

This is high level victim blaming.

You are justifying violence at this point, and how are you not seeing why trans peeps keep it lowkey when they could at any moment get beaten up buy biggots for being honest ?

DonFerrari said:
RenCutypoison said:

YES

This is the one thing most sociologists, feminists and psychiatrists have concluded from the past 50 years of gender studies.

Also I'm asexual so the idea that anything impacts my sexuality is quite comedic to me.

The conversation is exactly about transexuality. And you hinted at being trans.

Guess you are mixing it with sexual life and activity (that we aren't discussing and really isn't of anyone concern).

But to deny that being transexual have nothing to do with your sexuality is strange for me.

Can you explain what you mean by sexuality? Sexual activity, orientation, genitals? 
The first is individual, the second is not linked in any way to transgenderism (Transmen and women have various orientation in similar repartitions has their cis counterpart).

What don't I get?

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
KLXVER said:

That is true. You should always be honest about it. Just like people should be honest about having an infectious disease or having a criminal past or whatever. Not only because of the person you are trying to get together with, but for your own sake. Many trans people have been beaten up or worse because a straight man feel like they were fooled. Its dangerous to not be honest before you get intimate with someone.

You are justifying violence at this point, and how are you not seeing why trans peeps keep it lowkey when they could at any moment get beaten up buy biggots for being honest ?

Again with the victim blaming. Im not saying they should scream about their personal life in the streets. Im talking about being honest with people you like. 

KLXVER said:
RenCutypoison said:

Again with the victim blaming. Im not saying they should scream about their personal life in the streets. Im talking about being honest with people you like. 

And I'm talking about the clear possibility indicated in your post that the person you like might beat the fuck out of you for being trans.

Safety first, moral values only matter if one's alive to apply them.

RenCutypoison said:
DonFerrari said:

The conversation is exactly about transexuality. And you hinted at being trans.

Guess you are mixing it with sexual life and activity (that we aren't discussing and really isn't of anyone concern).

But to deny that being transexual have nothing to do with your sexuality is strange for me.

Can you explain what you mean by sexuality? Sexual activity, orientation, genitals? 
The first is individual, the second is not linked in any way to transgenderism (Transmen and women have various orientation in similar repartitions has their cis counterpart).

What don't I get?

Sexuality have nothing to do with sexual activity. You may be cis, trans, gay, straight, whatever and be virgin for the rest of your life or have sex daily that doesn't change your sexuality.

it is about the orientation/preference/independent of how one calls. Your gender or how you see your self is linked to your sexuality. You may have any of the hundread of sexual orientations that get defined continuously, still trans, cis, etc is part of that. Organs are also party of it.

So bringing that you are trans (which in a way also brings genital to the discussion) is also bringing an aspect of your sexuality, liking it or not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RenCutypoison said:
KLXVER said:

And I'm talking about the clear possibility indicated in your post that the person you like might beat the fuck out of you for being trans.

I think he will not beat the fuck out of you if you are honest as you should be as early as you should be,why is it acceptable going further into a ''date''with someone you do not know is accepting of you?

''safety first'' ? Then you should know better and do not start anything without being clear.

I'm not saying a straight man is right for being aggressive when you pull your pants down but not making it clear you got a penis beforehand is your fault.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 03 July 2020

RenCutypoison said:
KLXVER said:

So thats why trans people should hide it? Thats ridiculous. Being honest and upfront with people before you pursue them is the right thing to do. Its safer for you and its safer for the other person as well.

Most people dont beat up other people just because they are trans. It can happen and the people who do that should be arrested for committing a hate crime. 

There is nothing wrong with being a trans person, but it doesnt give you a free pass to mess with peoples emotions.