By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets settle this: Worst Main FF.

From the ones I played it is FF VII followed by VIII.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Probably 1,2 or 5.

FFII is the worst one, there is nothing that can be rescued from that game. From the NES trio I can at least respect the ideas and foundations that I and III brought to the series, they have some jank but are still playable, II is just horrible.

Based on this thread it looks like FF X is the least offensive game in the series.  Given it's not one of the most common as people's favorite either.  Usually I see 6, 7, or 9 stated most often as a person's favorite (though I've seen a few put FF X at the top).  FF X is the game that everyone likes though.

In b4 FF X hate.

Vodacixi said:

OP, I think you should check the original Final Fantasy I on the NES. That thing is so bad it gave me nightmares. WTF is wrong with the accuracy system? Half the difficulty of the game is fighting against the RNG to actually land a frickin blow. And what's up with the speed stat? The game seemed to just randomly decide when everyone attacks. I guess that's where the other half of the game's challenge comes from. Sometimes my party attacks first, sometimes I have to wait for the entire group of enemies to destroy me. Which happened to be the exact same enemies that attacked after me the last time.

I guess the game was good in 87, but today is garbage. FF XIII and XV are mediocre games, but at the very least you can play them without wanting to kill someone...

Same is more or less true for the first Dragon Quest. Makes you wonder a but how they managed to become such huge franchises...

Around the Network

FFII. Played it on the GBA cart "Dawn of Souls" and I don't even think I finished the first dungeon. I remember the equipment system being busted as hell.

As for other FF games, I've played VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XIII. All good games with VI being my favorite. XIII I didn't finish due to lack of interest.

This thread makes me feel the weight of being so far behind in this series. I've only beaten 9, which had a really great story. I got a decent chunk into 7 (Switch) before stopping.

I'm relatively new to JRPGs and I dislike most of them.

I've beaten DQ11. Loved this.
I've played DQ7 somewhat. Did not like this.
I've beaten Xenoblade. Loved this.
I've beaten Xenoblade X. Liked this.
I've beaten Xenoblade 2. Loved this.
I've beaten FF9. Liked this.
I've played FF7 somewhat.

Based on these, would I enjoy most FF games?

Wouldnt you all awfully mind Serena bringing some positivity?

She is so awesome and so offtopic,FFXV boooo.

Easily FFXIII is the worst FF main entry...easily.

shikamaru317 said:

I can't really judge this as of yet, as I haven't played enough of them. Most seem to think that 13 and 15 are the worst. Haven't played all of 13 yet, only the first few hours years ago at a friends house, when it first released, waiting on the upcoming Gamepass release to play it. As for 15, I found it very disappointing personally. I had major hype for Versus 13 for years, it looked fantastic every time we saw it, especially in the 2011 trailer. Then in 2013 we find out that Square Enix had decided to make it mainline, so I had even more hopes for it. But then around 2014 or 2015, we learned that Square Enix had forced Nomura off the project, with Tabata taking over. We very quickly learned that Tabata had made huge changes, everything from the battle system (which was made much worse), to the story and characters. Stella was replaced with the rather bland and underutilized Luna. The roles of many villain characters like Iedolas and Verstael were dramatically lessened. Ignis was changed from Noctis' Military Strategist into his personal valet. Noctis' chauffeur was changed into a Marshal of the Kingsguard. The list of changes that Tabata made are quite extensive, and most of them bad. Never have I played a game that fell so far short of my expectations (actually, I take that back, RDR2 also fell far short of my expectations for it, after the amazing RDR1).

So for me at least, I suspect that 15 will remain my least favorite FF even after playing 13. I can't see how 13 can be worse for me than 15, because I am going into 13 with muted expectations, whereas I had super high expectations for 15 when I played it. As for some of the others, I know alot of people dislike 8, but I liked what I saw of the 8 characters in Kingdom Hearts, so I am actually looking forward to playing 8 for the first time on Gamepass later this year. Doubt I will ever play anything pre-6 personally, those would just feel too dated for me. 

I have played both...FFXIII is by far the worst. The game felt like it was on rails ( developers admitted that the game was inspired by call of duty), the only saying grace of XIII was its fast paced turn based combat (which was pretty good) and Leona Lewis "My Hands".