By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets settle this: Worst Main FF.

I am fucking surprised that there isnt just 30 post of Final Fantasy 3.

Final Fantasy 3 is the worst Final Fantasy of all. Boring as shit.

Around the Network

Worst FFs for me:
1. FFV
2. FFXV
3. FFXIII

Never could get into FFV, non existent story and characters. Huge step back after excellent FFIV. No wonder it didn't get localized at the time.

I just completed final fantasy 8 HD on Switch a few days ago... So obviously can't give that a rating.

But Final Fantasy 13 gets it for me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Played FF 1, 2, 7, 13, 13-2, Lighting Returns, XV

Worst: FF 2 by far
2nd Worst: Lightning Returns FF 13
3rd Worst: FF 7 (played it recently for the first time and it just didn't age well)

Last edited by Barozi - on 18 June 2020

Mar1217 said:
Xxain said:
I am fucking surprised that there isnt just 30 post of Final Fantasy 3.

Final Fantasy 3 is the worst Final Fantasy of all. Boring as shit.

Worst Final dungeon in the series ...

Though, the remake fixed it so I'm fine with it now.

Though if we are looking at the worst here ... Why does nobody mention OG FF XIV ?

XI and XIV are generally not considered when talking about mainline Final Fantasy games.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

OP, I think you should check the original Final Fantasy I on the NES. That thing is so bad it gave me nightmares. WTF is wrong with the accuracy system? Half the difficulty of the game is fighting against the RNG to actually land a frickin blow. And what's up with the speed stat? The game seemed to just randomly decide when everyone attacks. I guess that's where the other half of the game's challenge comes from. Sometimes my party attacks first, sometimes I have to wait for the entire group of enemies to destroy me. Which happened to be the exact same enemies that attacked after me the last time.

I guess the game was good in 87, but today is garbage. FF XIII and XV are mediocre games, but at the very least you can play them without wanting to kill someone...

I actually wanted to kill several people while playing FFXV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I've missed a lot of the older games, but I would imagine I or II. From the ones I've played, I think I'll have to go with XII, with XIII coming in second. Why XII instead of XIII? Well, XII has a fairly thin story with very little lore, whereas XIII has a more interesting story and especially lore. XIII has some really good lore in my eyes. XII has better gameplay for sure, but it's lacking a lot of the Final Fantasy magic that makes a game a Final Fantasy. (Also, XIII's gameplay is underrated due to how long it takes to really get going.)

TruckOSaurus said:
Mar1217 said:

Worst Final dungeon in the series ...

Though, the remake fixed it so I'm fine with it now.

Though if we are looking at the worst here ... Why does nobody mention OG FF XIV ?

XI and XIV are generally not considered when talking about mainline Final Fantasy games.

Also FFXIV is constantly making Square decent money so it definitely cant be the worst FF game if anybody wants to count it as one.

I just really hate that Square used the mainline numbers for the online FFXI and FFXIV.  Like they just couldn't call it FF Online or along that line? 

Of the ones I have played, probably II. It is not a bad game for 1988 standards and had lots of ideas that were unfortunately poorly executed. It also has the best story of the 3 NES games though that is not saying much. I only played like 1-2 hours of XIII so that could take its place though.

Best in my opinion is probably VI

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are the only ones I've completed. From there, it just went downhill for me.

FF9 has bad characters. Couldn't finish it.
FF12 has badly designed and slow paced combat. Uninteresting characters and I don't know about the story, but it's just boring from what I've seen. Level design is just awful. Couldn't finish it.
FF13 is just a corridor runner with confusing story and plot. I couldn't give a damn about who belongs to what party and what their motivations are. Couldn't finish it.
FF15 takes the cake as the worst FF game I've ever witnessed. The whole game is just tedious. From the menu's to the driving to the fighting to the side quests. IT'S AWFUL. "YES, I want to drive the goddamn car at night. Just shut the hell up for once".

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3