By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best N64 game not made by Nintendo or Rare?

I think the best is...

Turok 3 8.82%

Turok 2 5 14.71%

Resident Evil 2 4 11.76%

Rogue Squadron 7 20.59%

Doom 64 2 5.88%

Ogre Battle 1 2.94%

Beetle Adventure Racing 1 2.94%

Rayman 2 3 8.82%

Wrestlemania 2000 0 0%

Other 8 23.53%

Total:34

/Deleted

Around the Network

Trok 2 is a great shout. The thq wrestling games are still my fav of their genre. Never really cared for rogue squadron. Hmm i mat be confused tho as i thought that was a gamecube game. Also, i preferred hexen to doom on this platform. But i think my vote goes to shadows of the empire. Was a really fun single player game w a cool star wars story and fun cheat codes. Right behind that would be turok 2 and starcraft 64. I kbow starcraft 64 is an inferior pc game,but it introduced me to the game that my friends and i would end up sinking hundreds of hours of our time into playing together.

Turok 3. 

Last edited by FormerlyTeamSilent13 - on 19 June 2020

Space Station: Silicon Valley:

I remember thinking it was my fav game of all time back in the late 90's when playing it as a kid eventhough I adored Mario 64 & Banjo Kazooie. I would play on this game for a few years. I would say these 3 games where the best N64 platformers out of the ones I had (Donkey Kong 64 was also good but not great).

Runners up:
Castlevania 64
Carmegedon 64
Southpark 64

Resi 2 would arguably be the best 3rd party game in general but I didn't want to pick the obvious as I never had the N64 version (although I did have the PS1 version). Doom 64 would also be in my runners up section but same rule applies, I had it on the PS1 but not on the N64.

Last edited by 00Xander00 - on 19 June 2020

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

I didn't have many of the often metioned third party gems. But I did have some I played A LOT.
So while I won't dare suggest they are the BEST, I will say these three were house favorites,

Fighter's Destiny

Wetrix

Extreme G

Around the Network

Very tough call. Hard for me to narrow it down, but Turok was probably my favourite FPS in the system (yes, I enjoyed it more than Goldeneye, except for multiplayer - and I did love GE anyway -, so there you see how much I cared for the Dinossaur Hunter), but Resident Evil 2 was so damn impressive for the time that I cannot make up my mind. Others that I loved were Extreme G (second one I didn't like), Mace, SW PodRacer, Silicon Valley, Top Gear, Doom and Duke Nukem 64. Man, so many good games.

00Xander00 said:

Space Station: Silicon Valley:

I remember thinking it was my fav game of all time back in the late 90's when playing it as a kid eventhough I adored Mario 64 & Banjo Kazooie. I would play on this game for a few years. I would say these 3 games where the best N64 platformers out of the ones I had (Donkey Kong 64 was also good but not great).

Runners up:
Castlevania 64
Carmegedon 64
Southpark 64

Resi 2 would arguably be the best 3rd party game in general but I didn't want to pick the obvious as I never had the N64 version (although I did have the PS1 version). Doom 64 would also be in my runners up section but same rule applies, I had it on the PS1 but not on the N64.

Doom 64 wasn't on PS1, it was a new standalone entry, not a conversion of the original 1993 game like the Playstation got.

I don't see Superman 64 on this list???

dx11332sega said:

I guess noone was a young badass as me ? Rainbow six n64 and army men n64 were beasts , to lesser extent I also like turok wars n64. I really loved games that everybody found too badass like ps1 games like spec ops ps1 and medal of honor ps1 and syphon filter 2 and going to ps2 picked the meanest games like socom us navy seals for ps2, ghost recon ps2 the 2002 game, rainbow six 3 ps2 medal of honor ps2 freedom fighters ps2 godfather psp 50 cent bulletproof ps2 nfl street ps2 grand theft auto san andreas ps2 state of emergency ps2 where kill innocents in a mall massacre and true crime streets of LA ps2 and dead to rights xbox original and terminator ps2 madden 2003 gamecube metal gear solid ps2 I always wanted to try def jam fight for new york one time ? I was such a toughie back then and a kiddy same time secretly whispers I loved yoshi's story n64. did like duke nukem n64 and tomb raider 3 ps1 but teh rainbow six what a army game ok maybe I was just that one very few kid in nintendo group and goldeneye with cheatcodes for big heads and conker bad fur day with gameshark making teddie with a dick shotgun blasting the squirrel or caveman face in oblivion in multiplayer.. theres also urinating in conker bad fur day that kills opponents.. I also like 007 nightfire multplayer with the mini helicopters and mini tanks trolling bazzoka and mortal kombat deadly alliance ps2 lui kang dead .and smackdown vs raw ps2 was okay wwf no mercey opponent has as seizaure losing it in multi 4 player with friends. sledgehammer on the cranium . I hope noone copies me and says army men or rainbow six n64 I like it like that ^_^ even though I kinda 180 my badass to embarassing games to stuff like miku 3ds D8 and sega hard girls vita lol

Holy wall of text Batman! Some paragraphs would be a big help here. ;)

Mischief Makers, still up there as one of my favorite 2D platformers. The wacky story, amazing boss fights that are Treasure's trademark. And to this day still a very original game with its shake mechanics.