By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best N64 game not made by Nintendo or Rare?

I think the best is...

Turok 3 8.82%

Turok 2 5 14.71%

Resident Evil 2 4 11.76%

Rogue Squadron 7 20.59%

Doom 64 2 5.88%

Ogre Battle 1 2.94%

Beetle Adventure Racing 1 2.94%

Rayman 2 3 8.82%

Wrestlemania 2000 0 0%

Other 8 23.53%

Total:34

The N64 is a system renowned primarily for its amazing exclusives from Nintendo and Rare.

What do you think was its best game not from these two, and what makes your nominee worthy of the title?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 June 2020

Around the Network

Shadow Man. Its like an M-Rated Zelda game. Very dark, but so well made.

Ogre Battle 64. Easily makes my top 3 N64 games.

Rush 2 for me. I still have wonderful memories of that game! The diversity of the cars, the huge tracks, all very different but each one a joy to race on! The key and can mechanic was fiendishly perfect and they both unlocked something worthwhile. Some of them were hidden in fiendishly difficult places, or you had to do some sort of breathless stunt to get them! Even the super secret pipe course was amazing!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I really liked Turok 2. San Francisco Rush was really good. Had quite a bit of fun with a game I remember getting low scores in EGM, called Winback. Mortal Kombat 4 was probably best on N64, and pretty good for it's time. I think Doom 64 was my favorite. There's more, but that will do.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

For me? The Turok games.

Turok: The Dinosaur hunter was a visual feast back in the day... Then following that up in Turok 2 with solid multiplayer... The Cerebral Bore sealed the deal.
Loved those games so much, even got the physical copies on Switch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Sin and Punishment

Ogre Battle

Mega Man 64

Star Soldier

Gauntlet Legends

Top Gear Overdrive

Cruis'n World

Mischief Makers

WWF No mercy

WCW Revenge

Turok

Turok 2

Goeman Great Adventure

Body Harvest

Hybrid Heaven

Bomberman 64

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It had quite a few good ones.
Rayman 2 is one that comes to mind at the moment.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Leynos said:

Sin and Punishment

Ogre Battle

Mega Man 64

Star Soldier

Gauntlet Legends

Top Gear Overdrive

Cruis'n World

Mischief Makers

WWF No mercy

WCW Revenge

Turok

Turok 2

Goeman Great Adventure

Body Harvest

Hybrid Heaven

Bomberman 64

The wrestling games were pretty solid. I think I played Wrestlemania 2000 the most. The intros were well done too, with actual theme songs.

- I just went and listened to some of it on Youtube. Some hold up well, and some of it sounds like a monaural transistor radio playing inside a culvert, ( The Big Show sounded especially heinous ) but it was quite good for it's time.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wrestlemania 2000