By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Switch version of Breath of the Wild shipped 17.41m by March 31st. Lifetime sales expectations?

The Switch version of Breath of the Wild shipped 17.41m by March 31st. Lifetime sales expectations?

Less than 20 million 97 11.10%

20.0 - 22.4 million 283 32.38%

22.5 - 24.9 million 203 23.23%

25.0 - 27.4 million 142 16.25%

27.5 - 29.9 million 42 4.81%

30.0 - 32.4 million 46 5.26%

32.5 - 34. 9 million 8 0.92%

35.0 - 37.4 million 6 0.69%

37.5 - 40.0 million 5 0.57%

More than 40 million 42 4.81%

Total:874

I expect it to just barely fall short of 30, so around 29 mil is what i'll go with.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Went with 25 - 27.4

And I feel confident BOTW and BOTW 2 will be similar to an Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask type of scenario.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

30m - 32.5m  Zelda is going to keep on selling.  There is a certain percentage of people who will continue to buy Switch and get Zelda as one of their first 3 games or so.  My main fear is that I may be lowballing even with this estimate.

Bonus: I think they will make the sequel try to look like the original, but it will be a game more like what the devs want to make.  However it will still be built on the same awesome physics engine as BotW.  So the game will probably still be fun, but not quite as good as BotW.

I think BOTW2 will cut off legs of this game. I go for just short of 25 mill.

Switch!!!

25 million

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Can’t back down from my bold prediction

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242384/bold-prediction-botw-will-actually-sell-35mil-lifetime/1/

35mil including wiiu, 33mil for BotW on nsw

25m is my guess.

If Botw 2 allows you to bring the same character, armor, weapons, hearts from your Botw 1 character then that will help the original games sales. If it forces us to start from scratch again, then 2 will hurt the originals sales.

Just below 30m. Sequel will cut into it's legs, but not that much.

Bonus: Breath of the Wild is the most successful games in the series by a mile. Arguably the greatest game ever. Even Nintendo aren't crazy enough to mess with that formula too much. From the trailer I'm guessing there might be more focus on narrative, so maybe the world and progression will be less free and open. But overall I'm still expecting more of the same with improvements.

Dulfite said:
If Botw 2 allows you to bring the same character, armor, weapons, hearts from your Botw 1 character then that will help the original games sales. If it forces us to start from scratch again, then 2 will hurt the originals sales.

That’s not how it works lol.