By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

The game shouldn’t have spikes at all if your stance is to be believed. This game should have crashed and burned shortly after its launch over 2 years ago. People are playing it. It’s community is consistent. The developers are saying it’s a success. You don’t do continuous updates to a dead game (a big one just released this week). At this point I’d say you are low key trolling as SoT surpassed all our expectations one way or another. 

Fyi MCC being on there shouldn’t surprise you. Turns out there are a lot of Halo fans that just don’t game on Xbox anymore and people discovering it for the first time. Halo 2 is responsible for the current spike and it’s gonna spike again when Halo 3 drops next month. Which it all is just marketing Halo Infinite for PC players which makes me extra excited for Infinite’s PC performance.

Your second paragraph should answer your first. Yes it will spike after something major happens, like being available on a new platform. The same way halo will see a spike when an new halo boost interest in older titles. Should not be hard to understand. It spikes, then dies or settles after a while. 

Also why would I be surprised that a game is selling while on sale? Is that not the point?

Does steam release sales numbers? 

Except SoT isn’t MCC where it came to PC for the first time in December 2019. SoT was available on Windows Store and PC Game Pass since early 2018. More importantly the SoT update is there because of its success, not the root of the success. Players are there and updates keep them there. Again devs don’t update dead games. If you were right the game wouldn’t spike at all or retain any consistency. 

Edit:

Tell me, a popular theory going around the SoT community is that the haters are jaded Rare fans who loved their 90s games. Aside from fanboys and those who just don’t like the genre of course. These are people who will NEVER accept that anything they make today will ever compare to Banjo/Conker/Donkey Kong 64 games. Anything they make can never and will never penetrate the iron wall of childhood nostalgia. 

The idea that a addicting coop multiplayer game can ever compare to a quality 90s platformer is insulting to these people. I’m just trying to understand your motivations. If you don’t care about this game then just don’t engage when you see a developer or industry employee praise SoT success. The fact you being a active pessimist tells me there’s more at play. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 27 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Sot isn't even on sale and the MCC had that price point before, dont be obtuse on purpose

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I ultimately think a console's must-own value tends to be the software itself. However, a cheap price would put Microsoft in a great spot. Imagine the rumored Lockhart being $199.99 and the Xbox Series X only $399.99. Crazy low prices and Sony would panic. They'd either have to price that low as well and take an even bigger hit than they probably already will with profit, or price higher and risk losing a lot of market share.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

So I bought a new Samsung TV and I was hungry for 4K to watch on it. I FINALLY checked out the Xbox event from last month. A few things:

First, in the beginning, they came out and said it was just a sample of some of what was to come. They did miss an opportunity to completely blow is away but it was nothing like the Sony event. It didn't even last half an hour. I like Xbox but I'm leaning towards "this was more of teaser than the real show".

Second, I don't know if it was diminished expectations or the upgrade from my beloved 2017 4K Sony Bravia (I honestly didn't expect such an improvement) but the games didn't look bad at all!

I'm still not incredibly hyped for either but, at this point, I think the playing field isn't as one sided as it seems. At least when it comes to library (though I haven't checked to see which, if any, games are exclusive). Sony just gives off a vibe that Microsoft doesn't, yet.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Your second paragraph should answer your first. Yes it will spike after something major happens, like being available on a new platform. The same way halo will see a spike when an new halo boost interest in older titles. Should not be hard to understand. It spikes, then dies or settles after a while. 

Also why would I be surprised that a game is selling while on sale? Is that not the point?

Does steam release sales numbers? 

Except SoT isn’t MCC where it came to PC for the first time in December 2019. SoT was available on Windows Store and PC Game Pass since early 2018. More importantly the SoT update is there because of its success, not the root of the success. Players are there and updates keep them there. Again devs don’t update dead games. If you were right the game wouldn’t spike at all or retain any consistency. 

Edit:

Tell me, a popular theory going around the SoT community is that the haters are jaded Rare fans who loved their 90s games. Aside from fanboys and those who just don’t like the genre of course. These are people who will NEVER accept that anything they make today will ever compare to Banjo/Conker/Donkey Kong 64 games. Anything they make can never and will never penetrate the iron wall of childhood nostalgia. 

The idea that a addicting coop multiplayer game can ever compare to a quality 90s platformer is insulting to these people. I’m just trying to understand your motivations. If you don’t care about this game then just don’t engage when you see a developer or industry employee praise SoT success. The fact you being a active pessimist tells me there’s more at play. 

I was to young to care at all about rare in the 90's. and while I did like conker I dint even know or cared who made it.

Im sure that there are plenty of people who do hate it cuz it was bought by MS or because they hate multyplayer.

Depends of what you mean by genre. If games as a service is considered a genre, then definetly I hate that.

I will admit that I am pessimistic, not because is rare or MS, because this type of game is what I believe could be the next big thing that could potentially damage gaming for all as companies chase this baren products wich will slowly drip content and hopefully be good in the future.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Sot isn't even on sale and the MCC had that price point before, dont be obtuse on purpose

next minecraft confirmed.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

After buying the Xbox One as my first Xbox console, I don't think there is anything they can do to convince me to buy another.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Edit:

I was to young to care at all about rare in the 90's. and while I did like conker I dint even know or cared who made it.

Im sure that there are plenty of people who do hate it cuz it was bought by MS or because they hate multyplayer.

Depends of what you mean by genre. If games as a service is considered a genre, then definetly I hate that.

I will admit that I am pessimistic, not because is rare or MS, because this type of game is what I believe could be the next big thing that could potentially damage gaming for all as companies chase this baren products wich will slowly drip content and hopefully be good in the future.

Got it, thank you. You hate Games as a Service. To be fair it’s a double edged sword. The game opens light and gets better year after year. The pros are a more rewarding game that keeps you coming back and ultimately have more content then if it where a single package (depends on popularity to get to that level).

The cons is the early bad metacritic score and early adopters can leave rather quickly if content is too light day 1. I feel if a developer says this in advance, that it is a GaaS, then people won’t feel tricked into playing it right away. They can wait a bit and jump in when enough is added. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Got it, thank you. You hate Games as a Service. To be fair it’s a double edged sword. The game opens light and gets better year after year. The pros are a more rewarding game that keeps you coming back and ultimately have more content then if it where a single package (depends on popularity to get to that level).

The cons is the early bad metacritic score and early adopters can leave rather quickly if content is too light day 1. I feel if a developer says this in advance, that it is a GaaS, then people won’t feel tricked into playing it right away. They can wait a bit and jump in when enough is added. 

it beats wow where you 1. pay for the game 2. pay a monthly sub 3. pay for additional stuff like mounts or services like racechanges

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Also, while I am not generally a graphics guy (I can still happily play Wii games at 480p) I want them to show something that looks truly, mind-blowingly "next gen".

Something that justifies the upgrade to new hardware the way games like Gears of War or Uncharted did last gen.

So far I haven't been overly impressed by what we've seen of 9th gen games.