By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Yawn...why are you talking about PS4 games when we were talking about next gen game reveals and showcases? If you can’t respond then don’t. I’d rather that then you deflecting and ranting in a different direction. 

You liked to wait half a year to get some decent announcements. Good for you. I liked getting one or two announcements every month. You do you. 

So to be clear, you tried to make a questionable at best argument that Xbox’s May event was a official showing. I gave a rather detailed counter that no, you are wrong and the show was just a build up to the July show. Please re read if the argument remains unclear (hint hint if there was no Halo it wasn’t their showcase event).

And you respond completely ignoring that and start listing PS4 games thinking that’s a appropriate response? And then you close with a snarky response of false superiority when you didn’t address anything I actually said? Like I said, you do you. 

Sony didn't reveal UC5 or similar level stuff and didn't said it was thei full blow event. So we can say that it wasn't Sony main event as well?

Seemed like a traditional e3 styled event with a nice mix of exclusives and multiplats and high profile games. Followed tradition with early June timing and similar run time of 1:40. MS made it very clear their 1st party event was July. 

Horizon was their near future flagship to show and it was impressive. Same can be said for Ratchet and those world load times. Xbox has Halo and their marketing deal with Cyberpunk and I sure didn’t see those in May. 

Cmon don you know I’m more or less right. MS just overhyped their May event and that’s on them. I’ll admit that now. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony didn't reveal UC5 or similar level stuff and didn't said it was thei full blow event. So we can say that it wasn't Sony main event as well?

Seemed like a traditional e3 styled event with a nice mix of exclusives and multiplats and high profile games. Followed tradition with early June timing and similar run time of 1:40. MS made it very clear their 1st party event was July. 

Horizon was their near future flagship to show and it was impressive. Same can be said for Ratchet and those world load times. Xbox has Halo and their marketing deal with Cyberpunk and I sure didn’t see those in May. 

Cmon don you know I’m more or less right. MS just overhyped their May event and that’s on them. I’ll admit that now. 

I know, was just using what you said against you =p

But in seriousness since Sony backed away from E3 and then with COVID Sony said they would spread the news and reveals of PS5 on several "events" along the year. So don't worry there will be more reveals from both companies.

Still for a MS event to be considered better than the one from Sony it have to show stuff that wasn't know already so Halo and Forza won't really cut it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

But in seriousness since Sony backed away from E3 and then with COVID Sony said they would spread the news and reveals of PS5 on several "events" along the year. So don't worry there will be more reveals from both companies.

Still for a MS event to be considered better than the one from Sony it have to show stuff that wasn't know already so Halo and Forza won't really cut it.

I have no doubt they can no longer coast on the trinity, as huge as Halo will be though. You either like shooters or you don’t. Reaaaaaly banking on Obsidian, Playground, Ninja Theory and Initiative to show their best. The other A-AA studios have the potential to impress but I’m more concerned with the big guns as I’m sure we all are, fans and skeptics alike. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

I have no doubt they can no longer coast on the trinity, as huge as Halo will be though. You either like shooters or you don’t. Reaaaaaly banking on Obsidian, Playground, Ninja Theory and Initiative to show their best. The other A-AA studios have the potential to impress but I’m more concerned with the big guns as I’m sure we all are, fans and skeptics alike. 

I personally love the fact that MS is going hard on the RPG genre next gen. I love RPG's, my favorite genre for sure, and MS didn't have a single RPG exclusive all gen. So it is truly great for me that MS now has 3 first party RPG studios. Obsidian, inXile, and Playground RPG. One of those, Obsidian, has 2 different RPG teams (AAA team and The Outer Worlds AA team), so we will have 4 different 1st party teams at MS making RPG's next gen. It's a huge deal for me.

At the very least, with the likes of Obsidian and Ninja Theory now in their corner, Xbox are going into the 9th gen with a much stronger lineup of first party studios than at the start of this gen.

If these two in particular can produce quality on par with their recent works in Hellblade and The Outer Worlds, that will already be more appealing to me than any of Xbox One's exclusives.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Whose upvoting a guy that thinks that a first party (sony) presentation is a valid comparision with a 3rd party presentation (MS)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Whose upvoting a guy that thinks that a first party (sony) presentation is a valid comparision with a 3rd party presentation (MS)

Well don't forget that on VGC it is usually said that both PS and MS are sold based on third parties with the first party being almost irrelevant.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Well don't forget that on VGC it is usually said that both PS and MS are sold based on third parties with the first party being almost irrelevant.

That still doesnt explain how comparing a first party and 3rd party event makes any sense at all, and that idea should not be encouraged with upvotes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

That still doesnt explain how comparing a first party and 3rd party event makes any sense at all, and that idea should not be encouraged with upvotes

Its ok I felt things were explained nicely. Maybe compensate by upvoting the counters to that argument ;)

Last edited by sales2099 - on 19 June 2020

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Because the comparison is that were the first opportunity to show the games on the console and MS didn't impress, Sony did. And the thread is exactly about what MS have to do to beat Sony conference.