By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

 

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%
 
100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%
 
VR Support 3 2.36%
 
Shockingly low price 21 16.54%
 
There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%
 
Other (please explain) 4 3.15%
 
Total:127
LurkerJ said:
sales2099 said:

lol you’d like to think so, but it was a 20 minute Inside Xbox presentation. It was a small show, meant for spillover of content that would make the July show too bloated. Ms has been much more transparent and I preferred their drip feeding then being quiet for 6 months. 

Well if you only game on Xbox 1 you're probably used to being drip fed since exclusive content is few and far between. 

... and you probably missed the part where the xbox presentation is titled "First Look Xbox Series X Gameplay" on the Xbox official youtube channel and the hype that preceded it. How is it our problem that an almost 30 minutes presentation disappointed you so much? Which is plenty of time for most gaming shows since most reveals are trailers and snippets of gameplays....

but hey, you're content with being drip fed I guess. As for the rest of gamers, it's clear that they are more enthused for SONY's approach than they are for "MS transparency", SONY stole all the hype and even you can't deny that. 

First thing is to please climb off the high horse because if you wanna talk shop on Xbox you should do your homework. 

By drip feeding I mean Everwild and Grounded announced in November. Hellblade 2 and Series X unveiling in December. Project Mara in January. And the third party showcase in May. With the specs and Smart Delivery news in between I can’t complain compared to the latter. 

YOU probably missed the part where it said “First look Xbox Series X Gameplay”. When did they advertise this as a blowout presentation? Since when was Inside Xbox a show about major announcements? Where was Halo or CyberPunk? Since when is a 20-30 minute show compare to a 2 hour presentation by Sony? These are questions a Xbox gamer knows but may by foreign to someone like yourself. This was clearly a teaser, a bait show arguably to play the long game (July). Again if you gonna talk smack, do your homework. 

News flash, market leader gets more views. I’m shocked. No doubt they did a great show, don’t get me wrong. But that wasn’t MSs best either and I’m glad this year they have over a month to plan a proper response rather then go first. 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

Around the Network

Quality, not quantity. It doesn't matter how many games MS shows (its not like people are talking about all 20+ games sony showed). They just have to show something for everyone, and make sure what they show is good and stuff people would actually want. Multiplatorms don't count, evident in how no one is really talking about RE8 cause we all know its multiplatform (even though it was amongst the best looking games there on show).



goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

If I’m not mistaken all the major 1st party announcements they made were sequels of established IPs. For the first time in years MS has a shot in getting more new IPs announced. I hope they take it. 

Except for Ratchet & Clank, they were sequels to brand new ip's that debuted on ps4. It would be silly for Sony not to release at least 1 or 2 sequels for games like Spider Man, HZD and GOW as they were some of the highest rated and best selling games on the platform.

We will have to wait and see, but just ask yourself when was the last time MS released a successful new ip? Also, why are you so convinced they will have a bunch of them in July? I think people are writing off MS's last event as some colossal marketing blunder and pretend it never happened. Personally, I don't think that's the case at all. MS showed exactly what they've been promising for months, which aren't Series X games but Series X enhanced titles. Just because that didn't wow people like Sony's event did, doesn't mean it never happened.

Sackboy debuted on PS3. GT on PS1. You said Ratchet, and Spiderman and HZD are not new IPs anymore. 9/10 you right that Sony is better at making new IPs. But right now they leaning towards sequels. Just saying to watch the false advertising (at the moment). 

Forza Horizon went from a ok spin off to one of their best IPs that’s now more popular then Motorsport. Otherwise I’d say Ori and Sea of Thieves each found their audience and wouldn’t call them failures. But this line of questioning isn’t the point, we talking about the prospects of next gen. 

I’ll be the first to say they overhyped their show. But it also wasn’t their main one either. And at least they managed to snag some third party games, usually that’s been Sony’s thing lately so overall a nice tease it was (if it didn’t have Halo it wasn’t their main show). 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

goopy20 said:

Obviously, the games are the most important and to be fair, MS does have a lot of new ip's. It's just that they're all big unknowns and MS has an history of under delivering. I mean do Second Excitation and Call to the Sea really look like master pieces in the making? Maybe all of those games you mentioned will turn out great, but looking at MS's more recent track record (Crackdown 3, Project Spark, Minecraft Dungeons, Bleeding Edge, State of Decay 2, Recore, Sea of Thieves etc.), they can also turn out to be complete duds. 

Now even if you don't care about any of Sony's exclusives yourself, you have to admit that Sony's studios have a pretty stellar reputation when it comes to delivering. In fact, you can practically say that almost anything rolling out of a Sony studio will be quality stuff, even if its a complete new ip. MS, however, still hasn't released a single successful AAA franchise since Gears of War came out, and that was a 3rd party title. MS has been talking for years how things will change, but so far they've done a great job at proving the opposite. We've seen them rapid fire releasing one 1st party game after the other, and most people haven't even noticed.

Call of the Sea and Second Extinction aren't 2nd party, they're 3rd party games, most likely timed exclusives. I like them because they'll be fun to play on Gamepass during slow periods in the yearly release schedule, not because I think they will become big franchises for MS in the future. On the subject of Microsoft's new IP failings this past gen, I would say that they only failed in terms of sales. I thoroughly enjoyed many of their new IP 1st/2nd party games this past gen, Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, Quantum Break, Crimson Dragon, D4, Project Spark, Bleeding Edge, etc. It's a shame that more Xbox fans weren't willing to try new IP in the past, they only cared about the big core franchises, which caused many of the new IP's to fail commercially. Gamepass helps that situation tremendously though, Xbox gamers are far more likely to try new IP when they release for free on Gamepass, and once they play them on Gamepass they often find they like them. I think Gamepass is crucial to the success of new IP for MS moving forward. 

I do agree with you that Sony's 1st party studios are ahead of MS currently from a AAA perspective. Sony has 7 AAA capable studios now (Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla, Santa Monica, Bend, Polyphony, and Insomniac), and most of those studios have now released critical and/or commercially successful games. However, that success comes at a cost, most of Sony's AAA studios are rather on the slow side, Horizon took 5 years to make and the sequel may take 5 years as well (if it gets delayed to Q1 2022, which is possible), Polyphony's GT games take anywhere from 4-6 years, Ghost of Tsushima took 6 years to make, TLOU 2 took 6 years. The slow release schedules mean that many of Sony's AAA 1st party studios only get 1 or 2 games out per generation. So, if you only like a few of those 7 studios like me, that is not alot of AAA exclusives to look forward to each generation from 1st party. Another problem with Sony's 1st party is that there is not alot of genre variety, most of them follow the same formula; open world, story-driven, action-adventure, it all starts to feel a bit samey after awhile. 

Microsoft's 1st party on the other hand seems to be trying to trying to catch up to Sony in terms of AAA development now. They already have 343, The Coalition, Turn 10, and Playground Racing from this past gen. The largest of Obsidian's 4 teams is making a AAA RPG. inXile is making a AAA RPG (said by a leaker to be the most ambitious project across all of Microsoft's new AAA studios MS currently). Playground's new RPG studio is making a AAA RPG (believed to be a Fable reboot), The Initiative is making a AAA game (rumored to be a Perfect Dark reboot). Ninja Theory, while not technically a AAA studio, has a goal of making AAA quality games with much smaller AA and A sized teams, with Hellblade 2 being made by only about 40 people, but looking like a AAA so far. MS is trying to even things up in terms of AAA development.

As for 1st party A/AA development, I definitely think that MS has the edge here, on a personal level especially. MS now has many A/AA teams/studios, several of them with good track records. Rare's Everwild looks fantastic so far, Double Fine has multiple teams with a pretty good track record of releases (they've released at least 1 game per year since 2007, with several of them being critically and/or commercially successful). Compulsion's We Happy Few had alot of potential, but got compared against the AAA expectations people had for it, even though it was made by a AA team. State of Decay 2 was pretty good, though a bit of technical and graphical mess (being first party now means that Unreal masters like Coalition and Ninja Theory can assist them making the 3rd game look like a proper next-gen Unreal game). Ninja Theory's Project Mara has potential to be a great psychological horror game. World's Edge is shaping up to be a great PC/console RTS studio in the future. Obsidian's AA The Outer Worlds team is fantastic, and their single A Grounded has potential (played the demo the other day). By comparison, I'm not a big fan of Sony's A/AA 1st party offerings, never liked Little Big Planet, Pixelopus stuff isn't my cup of tea, Japan studio's Project Siren team puts out some good stuff, but the rest of their teams are kind of meh in my eyes. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 June 2020

I'm going with there's nothing they can do to beat PS5's hype. Fantastic games would be the most only way, but the problem there is that MS doesn't have enough exclusive IPs to really generate hype these days. And beyond that, any original IPs they show will be unproven at the end of the day, so it will be hard to generate as much buzz from them without being anchored by more buzzworthy IPs. MS will have to prove themselves with games that are actually top notch when they're released to start building back that kind of hype. I don't think there's anything they can do to generate Nintendo/Sony levels of pre-release buzz for their games at the moment.



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
goopy20 said:

Obviously, the games are the most important and to be fair, MS does have a lot of new ip's. It's just that they're all big unknowns and MS has an history of under delivering. I mean do Second Excitation and Call to the Sea really look like master pieces in the making? Maybe all of those games you mentioned will turn out great, but looking at MS's more recent track record (Crackdown 3, Project Spark, Minecraft Dungeons, Bleeding Edge, State of Decay 2, Recore, Sea of Thieves etc.), they can also turn out to be complete duds. 

Now even if you don't care about any of Sony's exclusives yourself, you have to admit that Sony's studios have a pretty stellar reputation when it comes to delivering. In fact, you can practically say that almost anything rolling out of a Sony studio will be quality stuff, even if its a complete new ip. MS, however, still hasn't released a single successful AAA franchise since Gears of War came out, and that was a 3rd party title. MS has been talking for years how things will change, but so far they've done a great job at proving the opposite. We've seen them rapid fire releasing one 1st party game after the other, and most people haven't even noticed.

Call of the Sea and Second Extinction aren't 2nd party, they're 3rd party games, most likely timed exclusives. I like them because they'll be fun to play on Gamepass during slow periods in the yearly release schedule, not because I think they will become big franchises for MS in the future. On the subject of Microsoft's new IP failings this past gen, I would say that they only failed in terms of sales. I thoroughly enjoyed many of their new IP 1st/2nd party games this past gen, Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, Quantum Break, Crimson Dragon, D4, Project Spark, Bleeding Edge, etc. It's a shame that more Xbox fans weren't willing to try new IP in the past, they only cared about the big core franchises, which caused many of the new IP's to fail commercially. Gamepass helps that situation tremendously though, Xbox gamers are far more likely to try new IP when they release for free on Gamepass, and once they play them on Gamepass they often find they like them. I think Gamepass is crucial to the success of new IP for MS moving forward. 

I do agree with you that Sony's 1st party studios are ahead of MS currently from a AAA perspective. Sony has 7 AAA capable studios now (Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla, Santa Monica, Bend, Polyphony, and Insomniac), and most of those studios have now released critical and/or commercially successful games. However, that success comes at a cost, most of Sony's AAA studios are rather on the slow side, Horizon took 5 years to make and the sequel may take 5 years as well (if it gets delayed to Q1 2022, which is possible), Polyphony's GT games take anywhere from 4-6 years, Ghost of Tsushima took 6 years to make, TLOU 2 took 6 years. The slow release schedules mean that many of Sony's AAA 1st party studios only get 1 or 2 games out per generation. So, if you only like a few of those 7 studios like me, that is not alot of AAA exclusives to look forward to each generation from 1st party. Another problem with Sony's 1st party is that there is not alot of genre variety, most of them follow the same formula; open world, story-driven, action-adventure, it all starts to feel a bit samey after awhile. 

Microsoft's 1st party on the other hand seems to be trying to trying to catch up to Sony in terms of AAA development now. They already have 343, The Coalition, Turn 10, and Playground Racing from this past gen. The largest of Obsidian's 4 teams is making a AAA RPG. inXile is making a AAA RPG (said by a leaker to be the most ambitious project across all of Microsoft's new AAA studios MS currently). Playground's new RPG studio is making a AAA RPG (believed to be a Fable reboot), The Initiative is making a AAA game (rumored to be a Perfect Dark reboot). Ninja Theory, while not technically a AAA studio, has a goal of making AAA quality games with much smaller AA and A sized teams, with Hellblade 2 being made by only about 40 people, but looking like a AAA so far. MS is trying to even things up in terms of AAA development.

As for 1st party A/AA development, I definitely think that MS has the edge here, on a personal level especially. MS now has many A/AA teams/studios, several of them with good track records. Rare's Everwild looks fantastic so far, Double Fine has multiple teams with a pretty good track record of releases (they've released at least 1 game per year since 2007, with several of them being critically and/or commercially successful). Compulsion's We Happy Few had alot of potential, but got compared against the AAA expectations people had for it, even though it was made by a AA team. State of Decay 2 was pretty good, though a bit of technical and graphical mess (being first party now means that Unreal masters like Coalition and Ninja Theory can assist them making the 3rd game look like a proper next-gen Unreal game). Ninja Theory's Project Mara has potential to be a great psychological horror game. World's Edge is shaping up to be a great PC/console RTS studio in the future. Obsidian's AA The Outer Worlds team is fantastic, and their single A Grounded has potential (played the demo the other day). By comparison, I'm not a big fan of Sony's A/AA 1st party offerings, never liked Little Big Planet, Pixelopus stuff isn't my cup of tea, Japan studio's Project Siren team puts out some good stuff, but the rest of their teams are kind of meh in my eyes. 

MAybe you're right and GP will play a key role in giving Ms's A/AA games a spotlight. Personally I just don't care about AA or A games. When I'm deciding which console to buy, I look at the 'must play games' that are on each platform. There is just too much garbage that isn't worth playing and tjats why people read reviews. I never bothered installing games like Recore, State of Decay, Bleeding Edge etc. even when I could play them for free on GP. I agree that I'll probably miss out sometimes and critics opinions aren't everything, but I just don't have the desire, or time, to play every single games that gets released.

In the end GP, Indie games, BC are nice, but in order for me to spend $500 on a console, I want to see those big blockbuster megatons that I can't play anywhere else. I know a lot of MS's studios are rumored to be making AAA or even AAAA games, like the Initiative. But that's something they have to prove in July. All I know is that the Initiative has been stuck on 44 staff for months now, so I'm not expecting to see anything from them for at least half a decade.

I'm definitely going to check out the Grounded demo, though. Downloading it as we speak ;)

Last edited by goopy20 - on 18 June 2020

sales2099 said:
LurkerJ said:

Well if you only game on Xbox 1 you're probably used to being drip fed since exclusive content is few and far between. 

... and you probably missed the part where the xbox presentation is titled "First Look Xbox Series X Gameplay" on the Xbox official youtube channel and the hype that preceded it. How is it our problem that an almost 30 minutes presentation disappointed you so much? Which is plenty of time for most gaming shows since most reveals are trailers and snippets of gameplays....

but hey, you're content with being drip fed I guess. As for the rest of gamers, it's clear that they are more enthused for SONY's approach than they are for "MS transparency", SONY stole all the hype and even you can't deny that. 

First thing is to please climb off the high horse because if you wanna talk shop on Xbox you should do your homework. 

By drip feeding I mean Everwild and Grounded announced in November. Hellblade 2 and Series X unveiling in December. Project Mara in January. And the third party showcase in May. With the specs and Smart Delivery news in between I can’t complain compared to the latter. 

YOU probably missed the part where it said “First look Xbox Series X Gameplay”. When did they advertise this as a blowout presentation? Since when was Inside Xbox a show about major announcements? Where was Halo or CyberPunk? Since when is a 20-30 minute show compare to a 2 hour presentation by Sony? These are questions a Xbox gamer knows but may by foreign to someone like yourself. This was clearly a teaser, a bait show arguably to play the long game (July). Again if you gonna talk smack, do your homework. 

News flash, market leader gets more views. I’m shocked. No doubt they did a great show, don’t get me wrong. But that wasn’t MSs best either and I’m glad this year they have over a month to plan a proper response rather then go first. 

What are you even comparing? 

Sony has 5 exclusives to sell this year, one of which is bound to be their best selling exclusive game of the PS4, and another that is a remake of the biggest FF of all time. Here is the list if you don't know what I am talking about: TLOU2, FF7r, Nioh 2, Ghost and Dreams. Big games that have received critical acclaim (awaiting Ghost's reception) and deserved their own spotlight, and if it wasn't for the pandemic, Ghost would've released this month as well. It was only natural & smart for them to be on the low about the PS5 to allow their amazing line-up to breathe.

On the other hand, Xbox line-up this year is an embarrassment in comparison, so you being an Xbox-only gamer, I definitely get why you appreciate news of next-gen being drip fed to you over SONY's approach, but if you just try and understand that SONY fans have had a lot more to look forward to than just next-gen news, you'd appreciate SONY's event timing and structure, not that it's important that you get it anyway because you seem to be the only person preferring "MS's transparency" here.

I take the time and try to make it clear to you, and all I get is "SMACK TALK!111!! Do yOuR HoMEWorK!!!1!" when you're the one who clearly hasn't done his homework...... just don't bother please. 



LurkerJ said:
sales2099 said:

First thing is to please climb off the high horse because if you wanna talk shop on Xbox you should do your homework. 

By drip feeding I mean Everwild and Grounded announced in November. Hellblade 2 and Series X unveiling in December. Project Mara in January. And the third party showcase in May. With the specs and Smart Delivery news in between I can’t complain compared to the latter. 

YOU probably missed the part where it said “First look Xbox Series X Gameplay”. When did they advertise this as a blowout presentation? Since when was Inside Xbox a show about major announcements? Where was Halo or CyberPunk? Since when is a 20-30 minute show compare to a 2 hour presentation by Sony? These are questions a Xbox gamer knows but may by foreign to someone like yourself. This was clearly a teaser, a bait show arguably to play the long game (July). Again if you gonna talk smack, do your homework. 

News flash, market leader gets more views. I’m shocked. No doubt they did a great show, don’t get me wrong. But that wasn’t MSs best either and I’m glad this year they have over a month to plan a proper response rather then go first. 

What are you even comparing? 

Sony has 5 exclusives to sell this year, one of which is bound to be their best selling exclusive game of the PS4, and another that is a remake of the biggest FF of all time. Here is the list if you don't know what I am talking about: TLOU2, FF7r, Nioh 2, Ghost and Dreams. Big games that have received critical acclaim (awaiting Ghost's reception) and deserved their own spotlight, and if it wasn't for the pandemic, Ghost would've released this month as well. It was only natural & smart for them to be on the low about the PS5 to allow their amazing line-up to breathe.

On the other hand, Xbox line-up this year is an embarrassment in comparison, so you being an Xbox-only gamer, I definitely get why you appreciate news of next-gen being drip fed to you over SONY's approach, but if you just try and understand that SONY fans have had a lot more to look forward to than just next-gen news, you'd appreciate SONY's event timing and structure, not that it's important that you get it anyway because you seem to be the only person preferring "MS's transparency" here.

I take the time and try to make it clear to you, and all I get is "SMACK TALK!111!! Do yOuR HoMEWorK!!!1!" when you're the one who clearly hasn't done his homework...... just don't bother please. 

Yawn...why are you talking about PS4 games when we were talking about next gen game reveals and showcases? If you can’t respond then don’t. I’d rather that then you deflecting and ranting in a different direction. 

You liked to wait half a year to get some decent announcements. Good for you. I liked getting one or two announcements every month. You do you. 

So to be clear, you tried to make a questionable at best argument that Xbox’s May event was a official showing. I gave a rather detailed counter that no, you are wrong and the show was just a build up to the July show. Please re read if the argument remains unclear (hint hint if there was no Halo it wasn’t their showcase event).

And you respond completely ignoring that and start listing PS4 games thinking that’s a appropriate response? And then you close with a snarky response of false superiority when you didn’t address anything I actually said? Like I said, you do you. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 18 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

sales2099 said:
LurkerJ said:

What are you even comparing? 

Sony has 5 exclusives to sell this year, one of which is bound to be their best selling exclusive game of the PS4, and another that is a remake of the biggest FF of all time. Here is the list if you don't know what I am talking about: TLOU2, FF7r, Nioh 2, Ghost and Dreams. Big games that have received critical acclaim (awaiting Ghost's reception) and deserved their own spotlight, and if it wasn't for the pandemic, Ghost would've released this month as well. It was only natural & smart for them to be on the low about the PS5 to allow their amazing line-up to breathe.

On the other hand, Xbox line-up this year is an embarrassment in comparison, so you being an Xbox-only gamer, I definitely get why you appreciate news of next-gen being drip fed to you over SONY's approach, but if you just try and understand that SONY fans have had a lot more to look forward to than just next-gen news, you'd appreciate SONY's event timing and structure, not that it's important that you get it anyway because you seem to be the only person preferring "MS's transparency" here.

I take the time and try to make it clear to you, and all I get is "SMACK TALK!111!! Do yOuR HoMEWorK!!!1!" when you're the one who clearly hasn't done his homework...... just don't bother please. 

Yawn...why are you talking about PS4 games when we were talking about next gen game reveals and showcases? If you can’t respond then don’t. I’d rather that then you deflecting and ranting in a different direction. 

You liked to wait half a year to get some decent announcements. Good for you. I liked getting one or two announcements every month. You do you. 

So to be clear, you tried to make a questionable at best argument that Xbox’s May event was a official showing. I gave a rather detailed counter that no, you are wrong and the show was just a build up to the July show. Please re read if the argument remains unclear (hint hint if there was no Halo it wasn’t their showcase event).

And you respond completely ignoring that and start listing PS4 games thinking that’s a appropriate response? And then you close with a snarky response of false superiority when you didn’t address anything I actually said? Like I said, you do you. 

I don't think MS planned to mess up so bad in May and then bring out the good stuff in July and say "haha fooled you guys!". The May event was their chance to make a first good impression with Series X and MS completely missed an open goal to kick off next gen. I do believe the July event will be better, but you shouldn't think they were just messing with us in May either. 



sales2099 said:
LurkerJ said:

What are you even comparing? 

Sony has 5 exclusives to sell this year, one of which is bound to be their best selling exclusive game of the PS4, and another that is a remake of the biggest FF of all time. Here is the list if you don't know what I am talking about: TLOU2, FF7r, Nioh 2, Ghost and Dreams. Big games that have received critical acclaim (awaiting Ghost's reception) and deserved their own spotlight, and if it wasn't for the pandemic, Ghost would've released this month as well. It was only natural & smart for them to be on the low about the PS5 to allow their amazing line-up to breathe.

On the other hand, Xbox line-up this year is an embarrassment in comparison, so you being an Xbox-only gamer, I definitely get why you appreciate news of next-gen being drip fed to you over SONY's approach, but if you just try and understand that SONY fans have had a lot more to look forward to than just next-gen news, you'd appreciate SONY's event timing and structure, not that it's important that you get it anyway because you seem to be the only person preferring "MS's transparency" here.

I take the time and try to make it clear to you, and all I get is "SMACK TALK!111!! Do yOuR HoMEWorK!!!1!" when you're the one who clearly hasn't done his homework...... just don't bother please. 

Yawn...why are you talking about PS4 games when we were talking about next gen game reveals and showcases? If you can’t respond then don’t. I’d rather that then you deflecting and ranting in a different direction. 

You liked to wait half a year to get some decent announcements. Good for you. I liked getting one or two announcements every month. You do you. 

So to be clear, you tried to make a questionable at best argument that Xbox’s May event was a official showing. I gave a rather detailed counter that no, you are wrong and the show was just a build up to the July show. Please re read if the argument remains unclear (hint hint if there was no Halo it wasn’t their showcase event).

And you respond completely ignoring that and start listing PS4 games thinking that’s a appropriate response? And then you close with a snarky response of false superiority when you didn’t address anything I actually said? Like I said, you do you. 

Sony didn't reveal UC5 or similar level stuff and didn't said it was thei full blow event. So we can say that it wasn't Sony main event as well?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."