By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the PS5 console design?

Do you like the PS5 console design?

Yes 132 55.23%

No 80 33.47%

On the fence 27 11.30%

Total:239

It is awesome! it looks like an space ship!! :)

Around the Network

So Switch and Xbox has more USB ports than Sony again? Wii U had more USB ports than PS4. There used to be a time Sony loved adding USB ports. Now when we need more they have less. Why?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I really hope they add at least one USB at the back. Since a lot of us are gonna need it for an external HDD, for storing PS4 games. I don't really want ugly wires hanging from the front of the console.

The standard edition is really bizarre design compare to the digital edition which i think it looks quite balanced built case imo.

I saw these over on Era and tt looks so much better without that stupid bump and side-stand.

Around the Network

I love it. Such a sexy futuristic machine!

I'de rather have it in black or blue though.

Wii and (fat) PS3 had a baby and it is ugly.

If it looks futuristic, I don't wanna live in that future.

Carl said:

I saw these over on Era and tt looks so much better without that stupid bump and side-stand.

Looks slightly better.

I calculated it wrong earlier, the 'wing span' is about 8.7 cm, with the top right of the console 9.9 cm of the ground when level like that.
That's about the same height as ps4 pro plus breakout box on top.

You need about a 1.2 cm high block to level it off on the right side. I guess you can hide the psvr box behind the console and feed the cable through the gap underneath. If you still have room behind in anyway. Put the breakout box on top, add stand, and you're as high as the xbox series x on its side. Tough fit.

Since symmetry improves everything

Even it out with a HDD/SSD expansion bay on the other side :)

Not at first, but it is growing on me. Wish it were black though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261