By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

Console exclusives for PS5 will be fairly rare.  The big budget stuff will be on Series X too.  The medium to small budget games will be on Switch too.  Sony is going to have to make some special deal with a publisher if they want to get a third party exclusive, especially if it is a high profile game.

Around the Network
imparanoic said:

Street Fighter V -  console exclusive 
Final Fantasy VII Remake, - console exclusive

I believe the op emphasising console exclusivity and not including PC, but i could be wrong, there are quite a few, persona 5 royal, Guilty Gear Strive, fist of the north star; lost paradise, Noih 2, spiderman (released in 2018, still independent, 2019 brought out by sony), sukura wars  yakuza 6, matterfall, nex fall, alienation, resogun.

Spider-Man and Resogun are first party BTW. But yes, I am including Console exclusivity in this. 

VAMatt said:
DonFerrari said:
Hardly will happen, with the architeture being so similar to PC and Xbox very few will be exclusive.

Right.  Basically, only moneyhatting will lead to third party exclusives, with the possible exception of some Japanese niche games that just won't sell on XB.  

to add to that, since most japanese companies make games that are NOT demanding in specs, they will likely start doing ps5/ps4/switch multiplats, epseically since ps5 will likely have a rough time in general in japan, ps4 only has the install base it has because it was basically running a monopoly for the first 4 years, and even then, it took 3 years to catch up to the vita, which at that point major 3rd parties and sony had pulled out on it.

I'm imagining that with PS5's unique architecture coughsSSDcoughs the prospect for making exclusives for that platform seems attractive.

TheMisterManGuy said:
imparanoic said:

I believe the op emphasising console exclusivity and not including PC, but i could be wrong, there are quite a few, persona 5 royal, Guilty Gear Strive, fist of the north star; lost paradise, Noih 2, spiderman (released in 2018, still independent, 2019 brought out by sony), sukura wars  yakuza 6, matterfall, nex fall, alienation, resogun.

Spider-Man and Resogun are first party BTW. But yes, I am including Console exclusivity in this. 

Sony bought Insomniac months after S-M released.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

I know. But even before that, Spider Man was still a first party game. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
DonFerrari said:

I know. But even before that, Spider Man was still a first party game. 

For me it was second party just as Ratchet & Clank and several other titles from Insomniac, but yes they were almost first party studio since majority of their titles (and from what I know all their good selling ones) were exclusives to Sony and Sony owned the IPs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

For me it was second party just as Ratchet & Clank and several other titles from Insomniac, but yes they were almost first party studio since majority of their titles (and from what I know all their good selling ones) were exclusives to Sony and Sony owned the IPs.

There are no Second party games. Only first and third party. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
imparanoic said:

Spiderman was released in 2018, the delevopers were still third party, they even released sunset overide on xbox one as an exclusive as well as song of the deep for ps4 and xbox one in 2016, but they were purchased by sony in 2019 and became  first party

Resogun is third party, the developers is housemarque, not owned by sony

TheMisterManGuy said:
DonFerrari said:

There are no Second party games. Only first and third party. 

Where I gone to school two was between 1 and 3.