By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

TheMisterManGuy said:

Sogreblute said:
Street Fighter V - Not exclusive
No Man's Sky - Not exclusive
Neir Automata - Not exclusive
Crash N' Sane Trillogy - Not exclusive
Final Fantasy VII Remake, - Not exclusive
Dragon Quest XI - Not exclusive

Every console manufacturer has been getting less and less 3rd party exclusives every generation. 3rd party companies now see they will make much more money making games multiplat. The PS5 will have even less exclusives than the PS4. There is no reason for 3rd parties to limit their fan bases anymore.

SFV is console exclusive. No Man's Sky, Neir Automata, Crash, and DQ were timed exclusive. Final Fantasy VII Remake is a full on exclusive. Like I said, the days of the PS1 and PS2 are over, but that doesn't mean Sony won't enjoy exclusivity of some kind from third parties, especially if they outsell Xbox AGAIN. 

That term "console exclusive" needs to die. It's either exclusive or it isn't. Do I need a PS4 to play SFV? No. I do not know why people try to exclude PC or make a game sound exclusive even though it isn't.

Final Fantasy Remake is only timed exclusive. It will definitely go to PC and maybe Xbox.
Crash and Neir Automata were timed, but No Man's Sky and Dragon Quest 11 weren't. They were on PC day one, and for Dragon Quest in Japan it launched on 3DS day one.

Around the Network
okr said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

Whether you feel they're a good thing or not isn't the point. They'll never truly go away so long as money talks.

Wow, so you think it‘s a good thing that Sony is paying Square-Enix, Atlus and others for exclusivity?

listen okr, you have been here for 13 years you can't be surprised

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

okr said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

Whether you feel they're a good thing or not isn't the point. They'll never truly go away so long as money talks.

Wow, so you think it‘s a good thing that Sony is paying Square-Enix, Atlus and others for exclusivity?

No, you're just putting words in my mouth. Whether its a good thing or bad thing, these companies are businesses, and like any business, they'll do whatever they can to get people into their ecosystem, such as exclusive games. In the case of smaller developers, many times such devs can only support one or two platforms at a time, so they'll often start with the one that has the most success. 

Sogreblute said:

That term "console exclusive" needs to die. It's either exclusive or it isn't. Do I need a PS4 to play SFV? No. I do not know why people try to exclude PC or make a game sound exclusive even though it isn't.

Final Fantasy Remake is only timed exclusive. It will definitely go to PC and maybe Xbox.
Crash and Neir Automata were timed, but No Man's Sky and Dragon Quest 11 weren't. They were on PC day one, Dragon Quest in Japan it launched on 3DS day one.

If you wanted to play Street Fighter V on a console though, PS4 was your only option. PC gaming isn't as mainstream as console gaming is, so nabbing exclusive console rights has been proven to be a vital tactic for platform holders. 

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 10 June 2020

Sogreblute said:
Street Fighter V - Not exclusive
No Man's Sky - Not exclusive
Neir Automata - Not exclusive
Crash N' Sane Trillogy - Not exclusive
Final Fantasy VII Remake, - Not exclusive
Dragon Quest XI - Not exclusive

Every console manufacturer has been getting less and less 3rd party exclusives every generation. 3rd party companies now see they will make much more money making games multiplat. The PS5 will have even less exclusives than the PS4. There is no reason for 3rd parties to limit their fan bases anymore.

Having a year exclusive is a pretty big deal. So not calling FF7r an exclusive is kind of nuts. Yes, it will come to PC and probably Xbox and next gen, but having to wait a year isn't something I would like to put up with if I were on the other side of things. If there's a lot of that in the gaming industry I personally find it frustrating.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I really hope that Sony follows suit and stops moneyhatting this gen. It's bad enough they ended the current gen by moneyhatting 1 year timed on FF7 Remake. 

Don't get your hopes up IMO. Sony will be getting aggressive going into next gen, and will probably do whatever they can to maintain its dominance of the home console market, which means shelling out for timed or console exclusivity of big titles, even more so next gen I think, since they don't have an incompetent Microsoft making it easy for them. 

Idk why gamers support this practices. Like I get it if it was published or funded by the big 3. But if its not what is stopping them fro. Making it multiplat?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Game development is too expensive for developers to develop exclusives without being subsidized by console makers. So, like pretty much all third party exclusives in the hd era, I would expect the trend of third parties being multiplat unless the console maker pays to make it exclusive. Doesn’t make financial sense otherwise.

The industry has been moving away from 3rd party exclusives for 15 years now. Even longer if you count all the GameCube games Capcom promised not to port over to PS2, and then did anyway.

Jranation said:
Idk why gamers support this practices. Like I get it if it was published or funded by the big 3. But if its not what is stopping them fro. Making it multiplat?

I'm not sure how many suport it. All I can tell you is I don't. But games like bayoneta that would not have been made without the investment of nintendo, that is the type of game I have no problem with being exclusive. Its either be exclusive or game is not being made.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.