By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Serious talk: PS NOW library is an atrocity

Why is it so bad?

Trying to beef up software sales 4 28.57%

They don’t care 9 64.29%

Right 1 7.14%

Total:14

I only get PSNow when one of these two conditions are met:

1) I have nothing to play, need something to play ASAP but can't decide what to buy.

2) I want a game that I'm uncertain of if I'll like it but it's on PSNow.

3) The rotation has one or more games in interested in playing. E.g. When they put control and Shadow of the Tomb Raider in, I paid for that month and beat both games.

I don't care for day one as I rather support the developers I like or if the devs have done a great job. Surely they make more from actual sales than gamepass or PSNow.

If a game that wasn't on my radar turns out to be amazing e.g I couldn't stand turn based jrpgs so I tried P5 in PSNow and then purchased it on PSN store.

And now with digital sales being so frigging cheap, I rather just buy the game and keep it in my library.

Around the Network

As long as you don't only care about the newest of the new, the library has plenty to offer:

All MGS games
God of War trilogy + spinoffs
Uncharted trilogy
2K games (Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM)
Batman Arkham games
DMC 1-4
All-time classics like The Last of Us, RDR, Oblivion and Ni No Kuni.
And on top of that there's the temporarily available games which lately have been God of War, Unhcarted 4, Horizon and currently Spider-Man

I have my complains with PS Now, but they're not related to a lack of quality titles.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Can the service be improved with quality/quantity: Yes

Does Sony Want to do it: Probably not.

They are making a lot of money selling software, PSNow helps to develop 1-2 AAA first party games, that’s all.

MS is a company that prioritizes services over all else.

Sony is a company that prioritizes hardware and software sales, with services being an afterthought.

/thread

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

kazuyamishima said:
Can the service be improved with quality/quantity: Yes

Does Sony Want to do it: Probably not.

They are making a lot of money selling software, PSNow helps to develop 1-2 AAA first party games, that’s all.

I think that gaming will eventually be primarily a service like this.  Within the next decade I'd imagine. They should work to be in front of the change, not playing catch up later. 

Around the Network

They just announced every kingdom hearts game for gamepass, and no man’s sky. While sony adds some random $5 game from 2016 to ps now. I am done.

mM

I just subscribed to PS Now for a year because of the Days of Play deal. I tried GOW Ascencion, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Tekken 7, and Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Ps now’s library an atrocity, really ???
Bloodborne alone is worth the entry price, you also have amazing games like spiderman, control, tew 2, shadow of tomb raider, hollow knight plus some of the best fighting games like guilty gear and tekken.
I do wish they would add more ps2 and even psx games but you really get your money’s worth at least until you beat all the games you like.
On the technical side it works for me just fine even when streaming, and my internet is average, I do get some screen tearing when playing ninja Gaiden.
People say game pass is better, I don’t have a Xbox so I can’t say but I am happy with it, right now I am enjoying some ps3 hidden gems I missed like puppeteer and the rain.

leo-j said:
They just announced every kingdom hearts game for gamepass, and no man’s sky. While sony adds some random $5 game from 2016 to ps now. I am done.

Kinda funny comparison though since No Man's Sky was also released in 2016. I actually bought it on sale for 15 bucks last year and the Kingdom Hearts games with the exception of part 3 are older than dirt. I get your frustration but at least use more modern games. Especially since in the last 3 months PS Now has added games like Spiderman, Just Cause 4, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Control, etc. 

I'm really surprised that they haven't improved it to a level that at least looks reasonable to be in the conversation with Gamepass. If they don't want to do the big games on day one, fine. But, I feel like the service as it is should be embarrassing to them. They should just get rid of it if they're not willing to put money and effort into making it a reasonably competitive service. Gamepass is (almost literally) ten times better. Sony is supposed to be a leader in gaming. They shouldn't stick with stuff like this that looks like crap in comparison to other offerings.