Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Black/Dark-Skinned Nintendo Characters?

Xxain said:
Hiku said:

I can't remember any designed by Nintendo from games I've played.
But while I haven't played ARMS, I'm really liking Twintelle's design.

Incredible design. Nintendo has very few black characters, but when it was time to make another one they blew it out the water ....... I love her. 

The late-Etika said it best when he initially described her back in the ARMS Direct, "SHE'S BAD!!!"

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
Xxain said:

Incredible design. Nintendo has very few black characters, but when it was time to make another one they blew it out the water ....... I love her. 

The late-Etika said it best when he initially described her back in the ARMS Direct, "SHE'S BAD!!!"

God I miss him. :(

Another great black/dark-skinned character from a Nintendo game (I'm counting Pokemon as Nintendo), Hop from Pokemon Sword & Shield.

He may not have been as successful as his older brother Leon, but he's at least relatable and likable, as in Bede's complete opposite.

I love Impa from Skyward Sword

mZuzek said:
Urbosa is by an extremely long distance the best character mentioned in this thread, but she ain't black. I mean, there are other ethnicities besides caucasian and african, she's definitely neither one of those.

Generally, people of Middle-Eastern origin actually are Caucasian.  The term is a lot broader than people realize.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

I love Impa from Skyward Sword

Wish she didn't give Link such a hard time though.

I would've included Lenora from Pokemon Black & White, but she's pretty controversial.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said: 

Ok, Biden. Clearly you forgot that countries that are part of the Middle East are in North AFRICA, which was populated by black people before Arabs first came there.

I mean dark-skinned.

This thread has turned into a fucking train wreck. -_-

Yeah you really fudged it up with the definition there haha 

@Bold. Also, to be a pedant, no, North Africans were not necessarily black before Arabs arrived. Most North Africans still look the same as before the Arabs got to North Africa - they did not replace populations. Only thing is that they mixed in, but they were certainly the minority so most of the populations in North Africa/West Asia remained largely the same, gene-wise after they became Arabised. If you go back far enough, yeah sure, literally everyone was black. 

I do see you changed the thread title, so all is good :) 

On Topic: 

I'm gonna go with the Animal Crossing playable character being the best African American character Nintendo has created (or allowed the community to create) 

This the best thing I've ever seen ^ 

Does olive skinned count?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Does olive skinned count?

You talking about all the characters from the Bean Kingdom? Because if you are, I agree. 

She's more tan in every depiction but all I can think of not mentioned already. Sorta olive skinned I guess.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

She's more tan in every depiction but all I can think of not mentioned already. Sorta olive skinned I guess.

Will you stop with the olive-skinned thing already?